Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NFL free agency/moves

Go down 
+5
Bigs03
timthebim
NoRegret
bobbitt15
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

NFL free agency/moves Empty
PostSubject: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Not a free agent pickup but Cromartie to the Jets is big. That is a nasty CB combo. I'm sure Oggy likes this move.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Bengals terminated the contract of Lavernaeus Coles which should be a good sign that they will be trying to land Boldin or Marshall somehow or at the very least TO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm

What the fuck is up with John Cox crying over the release of Delhomme? He should be crying tears of joy that he still has his job for sticking with him. They need a QB bad, I remember when Matt Moore was cut by the Cowboys. Not exactly starting QB material.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 pm

you beat me to the punch Sooner, I was going to post something about Cromartie going to the Jets, thats a great pickup.

Also, Matt Moore had a pretty good few starts last season, it'll be interresting to see how he progresses.

My Browns are saying that they arent going to be active in Free Agency, which upsets me, but they have also said they will be actively seeking trades.

I would LOVE for my Browns to pick up a guy like Antrel Rolle, but it wont happen.

I think the Cardinals are CRAZY for giving up probably 2 of their 3 best defensive players.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:27 pm

NoRegret wrote:
you beat me to the punch Sooner, I was going to post something about Cromartie going to the Jets, thats a great pickup.

Also, Matt Moore had a pretty good few starts last season, it'll be interresting to see how he progresses.

My Browns are saying that they arent going to be active in Free Agency, which upsets me, but they have also said they will be actively seeking trades.

I would LOVE for my Browns to pick up a guy like Antrel Rolle, but it wont happen.

I think the Cardinals are CRAZY for giving up probably 2 of their 3 best defensive players.

Yeah I'm hoping the Cowboys pickup Rolle, I don't like the idea of using the 1st round pick on a Saftey, I would much rather have Rolle. Matt Moore might be a solid backup, I feel sorry for Carolina if that is the best they can come up with to start the season. They won't be able to do anything with him. That team is too good to have a QB like that.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Well i just heard on Sportscenter that Scott Fujita is flying into Cleveland to talk about signing with my Browns! That is some exciting news, because he would be a GREAT pickup for our defense!

And yeah, im hoping that my Browns draft either Joe Haden or Eric Berry in the upcoming draft.

There has also been talks that we are talking about trading Shaun Rogers for Kevin Kolb in Philly, but idk if I would like that trade because Rogers is a phenomenal player.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:37 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Well i just heard on Sportscenter that Scott Fujita is flying into Cleveland to talk about signing with my Browns! That is some exciting news, because he would be a GREAT pickup for our defense!

And yeah, im hoping that my Browns draft either Joe Haden or Eric Berry in the upcoming draft.

There has also been talks that we are talking about trading Shaun Rogers for Kevin Kolb in Philly, but idk if I would like that trade because Rogers is a phenomenal player.

Yeah but I like Rogers better as a short term fix, he seems to develope problems long term. I'm just not sold on Kolb, not sure he is much better then you already have.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Yeah but I like Rogers better as a short term fix, he seems to develope problems long term. I'm just not sold on Kolb, not sure he is much better then you already have.

My thoughts exactly, but Im pretty excited. Im hoping Holmgren can get Fujita to sign with us.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm

reports out now of Peppers meeting with Bears.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Yeah, ive heard he's most likely going to Chicago, as is Chester Taylor from what I heard. I dunno why Chester doesnt sign somewhere that needs a starting RB, cuz he's good enough to be a starter.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:48 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Yeah, ive heard he's most likely going to Chicago, as is Chester Taylor from what I heard. I dunno why Chester doesnt sign somewhere that needs a starting RB, cuz he's good enough to be a starter.

I think Chester will push for that job, I know it sounds funny but I'm not sold on Forte. I know he started strong but I'm not so sure Chester won't over take him over time. Call me crazy, thats just how I see it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:50 pm

It doesn't matter who starts at RB for the Bears until they fix that fucking awful offensive line
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Peppers signed 6 years 72mil with Bears.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 pm

reports also say Chester Taylor has signed with Bears.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 pm

No 1 is talking about my boys!!!! The Lions signed Nate Burleson to a 5 year deal and Kyle Vanden Bosh to a 4 year deal!!! These may not seem that big but with the pounding we have been taking for years these guys should help out. Especially when we draft Suh. GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Kevin Kolb is a beast and is much better than anything the Browns have a QB right now. Brady Quinn is going to be David Carr and Anderson just isn't good.

The Bears overpaid for Peppers IMO, he's great and all but he's getting old, I bet he has a down season next year.

I sincerely hope the Texans at least inquired about Taylor. If the Bears break the bank for him I understand why the Texans don't make a move for him but damn. We need a RB bad.

I'm with you on Forte, Sooner. He didn't have a good season last year. The Bears O-line isn't good like someone pointed out but Forte didn't do much of anything either.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Kevin Kolb is a beast and is much better than anything the Browns have a QB right now. Brady Quinn is going to be David Carr and Anderson just isn't good.
The Bears overpaid for Peppers IMO, he's great and all but he's getting old, I bet he has a down season next year.

I sincerely hope the Texans at least inquired about Taylor. If the Bears break the bank for him I understand why the Texans don't make a move for him but damn. We need a RB bad.

I'm with you on Forte, Sooner. He didn't have a good season last year. The Bears O-line isn't good like someone pointed out but Forte didn't do much of anything either.

He is scheduled to be getting released soon.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Also Tim, your Lions shouldnt draft Suh. I know he's the best player, but you guys just beefed up that defense, you guys should trade down a few spots, pick up an extra pick or two...and take Okung. Stafford needs some protection before he gets his head ripped off.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Boldin traded to the Ravens
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 pm

The Lions should trade down and take Berry who is the best player in this draft class
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The Lions should trade down and take Berry who is the best player in this draft class

They drafted Louis Delmas in the 1st round last year, or maybe it was the second round...whichever. He's their starter that they like right now, I dont think they'd waste another pick when they have other needs.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:36 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Also Tim, your Lions shouldnt draft Suh. I know he's the best player, but you guys just beefed up that defense, you guys should trade down a few spots, pick up an extra pick or two...and take Okung. Stafford needs some protection before he gets his head ripped off.

They cant trade down cause no 1 wants that pick lol. No 1 wants to pay the money u have to pay a number 2 pick so if they take Suh there d-line is tightened up and that should help the weak secondary.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 pm

Bigs03 wrote:

From what I've read and heard the Texans aren't going to go the veteran route for the 2nd (or is it 3rd?) year in a row. They really like the Fresno St back and will probably try to snag him in the 2nd round or if not see what they can do later on.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:10 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

From what I've read and heard the Texans aren't going to go the veteran route for the 2nd (or is it 3rd?) year in a row. They really like the Fresno St back and will probably try to snag him in the 2nd round or if not see what they can do later on.

I don't have a problem with skipping on these RBs really but they should at least inquire about Taylor. I'm not a fan of overpaying for 30 year old backs in free agency. I just think it's about time we get a serious feature back instead of what we've had.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:10 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Boldin traded to the Ravens

Great move for Baltimore. The Cardinals are going to suck next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL free agency/moves   NFL free agency/moves Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL free agency/moves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next