Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man

Go down 
+3
OU
MMAEYES
NoRegret
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Man Empty
PostSubject: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 am

I really I hope im going to be making enough money with this job to pay some bills and also be able to do some MMA.

MMA is only $99 a month at both my old gym and the new one im looking at. Wishing and hoping I will make enough here to cover it.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 am

That's expensive they must be really good gyms. Hope it works out bro
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm

hope it works out, you might have to buy some of the Gracie JJ DVDs for home training lol.
No but seriously I hope you are able to get some gym time.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 pm

thats not that bad for the full mma program my gym it's even more expensive. I should be returning to training in about 2-3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm

oggy420 wrote:
thats not that bad for the full mma program my gym it's even more expensive. I should be returning to training in about 2-3 weeks.

No shit well I guess I had a pretty good price of 70 bucks a month for full time training. I thought that was expensive but I also had to drive aways so it all added up.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Randy says, "Let's go princess!"
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Well, it may be another couple weeks before im sure.

Today's delivery sucked haha fuckin 25 degrees out with wind gusts around 30 mph lol we had to take some damn 1,300 lb mixer to a damn east of chicago place about 40 minutes away, and deliver a couple fridges and bring back a couple other things from a few other locations lol
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
MFS elite is 500$ a month and they'll kick you out if you aren't serious or don't have potential.

Do they offer scholarships? LOL
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm

A newer car is actually atop my priority list at this point as it is.

My car's not going to make it much longer....so I guess I should start saving up for a new one...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Don't be too jealous... but my training is free. Very Happy This summer I'll be going to a gym in a different city so I'll have to start forking over some $$$.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 am

If you fight or show serious interest in wanting to fight you are able to get free training
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
If you fight or show serious interest in wanting to fight you are able to get free training

I have never found a gym that offers that.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 pm

maybe cause i was training seriously and fighting in like 01-04 when there wasnt influx in guys wanting to fight.

Try offering or getting in with some guys that may roll at a gym on the weekends or help someone getting ready for a fight. I still think there is an abundant of free training to be had
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
maybe cause i was training seriously and fighting in like 01-04 when there wasnt influx in guys wanting to fight.

Try offering or getting in with some guys that may roll at a gym on the weekends or help someone getting ready for a fight. I still think there is an abundant of free training to be had

I dunno man, so you're saying if I go to a gym and tell them im serious about my training and fighting and helping others get better...that they would possibly let me train for free?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:12 pm

regret - If your weightlifting gym has some mma guys befriend them. I dont know how many times I have been asked to meet at X gym and roll or spar eventhough I train at Y gym. WHere I lift weights, there are guys from 3 different MMA gyms and if we roll on a sunday, An extra body is usually welcomed. You can get to meet a few more guys or possibly someone who runs a gym and tell them your story.. I am not saying youll get free training 100% for sure but I dont think I know of anyone who pays to train(that wants to become a fighter). I will ask around maybe I am assuming but Even when I get time to go train I walk in offer the coach a day fee and I get "next time" When I go to other gyms I often train with guys who have keys or get introduced and go from there.. I just think for someone like yourself strapped for cash there are ways to train and people should see scencerity and give you a break. Or you could just start fighting and kick some ass and wait for the offers to roll in LOL.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
regret - If your weightlifting gym has some mma guys befriend them. I dont know how many times I have been asked to meet at X gym and roll or spar eventhough I train at Y gym. WHere I lift weights, there are guys from 3 different MMA gyms and if we roll on a sunday, An extra body is usually welcomed. You can get to meet a few more guys or possibly someone who runs a gym and tell them your story.. I am not saying youll get free training 100% for sure but I dont think I know of anyone who pays to train(that wants to become a fighter). I will ask around maybe I am assuming but Even when I get time to go train I walk in offer the coach a day fee and I get "next time" When I go to other gyms I often train with guys who have keys or get introduced and go from there.. I just think for someone like yourself strapped for cash there are ways to train and people should see scencerity and give you a break. Or you could just start fighting and kick some ass and wait for the offers to roll in LOL.

Hahaha I am WAAAAAYYYY too outta shape cardio wise to fight at this point lol been drinking WAAYYY too much the past couple months, and havent done any cardio workouts at the weightlifting gym I have been going to.

I will try this advice, but it seems to me like alotta the businesses around here are pretty much some stiff pricks that are greedy and want money. I dont blame them on that one though lol
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:19 pm

I'll tell you what, taking this time offa college was well worth it. I am so confused on what I would like to do with my life, its not even funny.

I know I would like to own my own business, just not sure how or what I need to do to make this happen.

Hey Cubua, I know you are a sort of entrepreneur if you will, I know you own a couple businesses.

Did you go to college for business administration or anything...I hate not knowing what im going to do or how im going to do it lol
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:57 pm

relax regret, Not many people have the direction to know what they are wanting to do with their life at 17-24. I rent to college and majored in criminal justice with concentration on Criminal behavior.. I reached a low point in my life mentally and circumstances that seemed out of my control derailed my life for a few years.. It wasnt untill 99-00/01(started fighting in 01 after 911. Maybe just coincedence) that I realized what it meant to live life and have direction.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah but how did you go about starting your businesses?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 pm

first you need a business plan. If your totally lost maybe you need a class in business management or accounting. Most often it takes money to make money. If your going to need investors or a loan start looking at the feasability of that. If your own monies are going to have to do then your likely to have to start out small and re invest your profit back into your business.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
first you need a business plan. If your totally lost maybe you need a class in business management or accounting. Most often it takes money to make money. If your going to need investors or a loan start looking at the feasability of that. If your own monies are going to have to do then your likely to have to start out small and re invest your profit back into your business.

Well, im planning on going to college for business if I do decide to open my own business.

If I do culinary, they have specified business classes for opening your own restaurants so it would cover that.

Still got 9 more months to figure my shit out, so im gonna take my time and make sure I figure things out first.

Thanks for the help, info and tips bro.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

Well, im planning on going to college for business if I do decide to open my own business.

If I do culinary, they have specified business classes for opening your own restaurants so it would cover that.

Still got 9 more months to figure my shit out, so im gonna take my time and make sure I figure things out first.

If you wanna start your own business, going to college isn't the best way unless you want to work in a certain field first.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

If you wanna start your own business, going to college isn't the best way unless you want to work in a certain field first.

Why is this?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:27 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

Why is this?

You don't need 4 years of BS classes. Maybe take a class or two to get the basics, but you'd be better off going to the library and teaching yourself than spending thousands of dollars going to college.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

Why is this?

You don't need 4 years of BS classes. Maybe take a class or two to get the basics, but you'd be better off going to the library and teaching yourself than spending thousands of dollars going to college.

Yeah I thought about maybe doing that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man   Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Man
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: