Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eagles release Westbrook:

Go down 
+4
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
OU
LA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Eagles release Westbrook: Empty
PostSubject: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:02 pm

The Philadelphia Eagles announced Tuesday they have released two-time Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook.

A news conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.

"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is an even better person and leader," coach Andy Reid said. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen. I had a conversation with Brian this morning to let him know. This is by far the most difficult part of this job. We wanted to make this move in order to maximize Brian's chances of landing with another NFL team."

Westbrook, 30, has been with the Eagles since 2002, when he was drafted in the third round out of Villanova. He is the franchise's all-time leader in yards (9,785).

In 2007, he led the league with 2,104 yards, and scored 12 touchdowns.

But Westbrook was able to play in only eight games this past season after suffering two concussions in just three weeks. The first came Oct. 26, against the Washington Redskins. He sat out two games, then was injured again, on Nov. 15, against San Diego, when he got sandwiched between a blocker and a tackler on a screen play.

This time, he was held out for five weeks before returning for the Dec. 27 game against the Denver Broncos.

Westbrook acknowledged in early December that he had returned too soon from the first concussion. He finished the season with just two touchdowns, 274 rushing yards and 181 yards receiving.

"Brian Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the history of this franchise and is certainly also one of the most popular," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "He was personally one of my favorite players to watch each and every Sunday and his playmaking abilities, leadership and values will be missed."

Said team president Joe Banner: "We all know how valuable Brian was as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles and he will certainly go down as one of the greatest Eagles of all time. But what really showed me how special a person Brian is, was watching the way he interacted with my children. That said more to me about Brian than anything else he could have done on the playing field. We will miss him both as a person and as a player."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:04 pm

We should do a poll, who has more left in the tank/will be more productive?
LT or Westbrook?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Maybe the Bills will pick em both up. Possibly the Lions? They could use a few big names as much as a few wins to hype up the fans. I would say LT will be more productive because Westbrook is so injury prone now. LT is about done also with all the hits he has taken in his career
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

both guys have very nice recieving skills for a RB. Should help find a job.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Bills have Fred Jackson and Lynch

Lions have K. Smith who isn't too bad

I'm saying Pats for one of em
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

This makes me sad. The Eagles are now without Dawkins & Westbrook. Once McNabb leaves it'll be a completely different team than the one I originally started following. At least Samuel, Jackson, and Celek are young.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm

The Pats should grab Westbrook IMO
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

IMO the Eagles will pick up LT as a backup soon.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

The Saints are trying to get LT I heard and Beast the Lions arent getting neither. They both want to play for contenders and we aint that lol.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am

The Texans need a back, but LT and Westbrook aren't the guys for the job.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 am

Denver Broncos.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:29 am

I wonder if one of em could go to Pittsburg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles release Westbrook:   Eagles release Westbrook: Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles release Westbrook:
Page 1 of 1