Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...

Go down 
+5
LTFG
NoRegret
muayjitsu
timthebim
boomer sooner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... Empty
PostSubject: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 am

I've got Alabama repeating against Ohio State in the final. Both teams are loaded next year and OSU should breeze through the Big Ten, while, right or wrong, you are allowed to lose one and still go in the SEC. Oklahoma and Oregon return a ton too.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Oregon will be solid for sure.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Def way early I have no faith in the big ten overall. I think only Bama being a real contender next year out of SEC. Miami may be dangerous next year out of the ACC. Oregon will win the Pac-10. Another OU or Texas big 12 champ.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Def way early I have no faith in the big ten overall. I think only Bama being a real contender next year out of SEC. Miami may be dangerous next year out of the ACC. Oregon will win the Pac-10. Another OU or Texas big 12 champ.

The Big Ten had like the 3rd best bowl record last year and their only 3 losses were each by less than double digits.

Miami plays Ohio State AT Ohio Stadium this year...that will be an important game...and I see my Buckeyes winning it.

My Contenders next year:

Ohio State, Oregon, Boise State, and Alabama
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Thats cool to have a homer pick I always got Texas at number one also LOL! As an entire conference I feel the big ten is weak but I do believe Ohio St is far above the other teams in that conference. I just don't believe in Penn St or Iowa. The Worst thing for Ohio St is the almost have to do a clean sweep of the season to make the big game so it limits their chance to get in.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Even with Oregon returning 16 starters (Unless they keep breaking the law and getting booted), I can't see them contending. They rely too much on speed rather than size and we saw how Ohio St. bullied them around in the Rose Bowl. That part of their game isn't changing in a year. I think that Bama, Ohio St., Boise St. (Returning many, cupcake schedule again and will enter the season with a super high ranking), Florida, Nebraska, Oklahoma, VT, Texas, Oregon, USC (Depends on how quickly Kiffin gets out) and TCU are all good bets to make the title game...

My choice is Ohio St. v. Boise St., with Ohio St. winning it 27-13 (Subject to change)
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Well I think Oregon is a lock for the Rose Bowl and the Pac-10, but will probably lose one or two games.

Alabama plays Penn State next year, but they should get through the season with maybe one loss. THat should be enough to get them in the national title.

OU has to beat Texas this year. You guys lost your line and QB, plus your best defensive players in Kindle and Holmes, while we return pretty much everyone except McCoy and Franks on d. Watch out for Ronnell Lewis at LB -- the kid is a major league head-hunter.

Ohio State should steamroll an underrated Big Ten. Lot's of competitive teams, but no real players other than OSU. They are Rose Bowl and probably national title bound.

Brian Kelly will turn ND into a winner, but probably not a contender in his first year.

I hate Boisie State, but they just keep winning. When will they earn a national title opportunity? Join the Pac-10 already!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Well I think Oregon is a lock for the Rose Bowl and the Pac-10, but will probably lose one or two games.

Alabama plays Penn State next year, but they should get through the season with maybe one loss. THat should be enough to get them in the national title.

OU has to beat Texas this year. You guys lost your line and QB, plus your best defensive players in Kindle and Holmes, while we return pretty much everyone except McCoy and Franks on d. Watch out for Ronnell Lewis at LB -- the kid is a major league head-hunter.

Ohio State should steamroll an underrated Big Ten. Lot's of competitive teams, but no real players other than OSU. They are Rose Bowl and probably national title bound.

Brian Kelly will turn ND into a winner, but probably not a contender in his first year.

I hate Boisie State, but they just keep winning. When will they earn a national title opportunity? Join the Pac-10 already!

I agree about Oregon in the Pac-10. My comments were referring to the national stage (Not suggesting you were replying to me). To me they are just too small to compete against those big defenses. As far as Boise St. goes, they will enter the season with a top-5 ranking. That's all they need for a direct path to the title game because I guarantee that all the teams that start in front of them aren't going undefeated since they will be knocking eachother off. All it takes is for them to run the table and they're in. Conferences aren't going to matter this year if they run the table.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

I will just copy and paste what I did from my other thread.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Who do you guys have ranked where as far as how tough you think the teams will be?

Here's my top:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Boise State
5. Virginia Tech
6. Florida
7. Texas
8. Arkansas (they're my sleeper pick of this year)
9. Iowa
10. LSU

Honorable Mentions: (The guys that will still be sticking around)

- Penn State
- Wisconsin
- Oklahoma
- North Carolina
- USC
- Oregon State
- TCU
- Auburn
- Texas Tech
- BYU
-Utah
-Pittsburgh
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Arkansas still your sleeper with Mallet getting hurt? How bad is that injury?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Booo for not recognizing Nebraska, Regret. I'm telling you Pelini has them pushing Texas and Oklahoma for the Big 12 title this year...
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Sooner- He will be back in time for the season to start. Arkansas has a good set of receivers and RB's as well.

LTFG- yeah, I didnt complete a total top 25 lol I think I needed 2-3 teams.

I knew I left out a few teams. I would have Nebraska in my top 25 possibly top 17-18 but not much higher than that.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I'll go with the SEC
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 am

Tim Tebow!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Texas will get to the big game again. Our defense is going to be sick nasty next year and our Gilbert is going to emerge as a top college QB.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Texas will get to the big game again. Our defense is going to be sick nasty next year and our Gilbert is going to emerge as a top college QB.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I hope so BIGS!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...   Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football... Empty

Back to top Go down

Way early, but who wins the national title next year in football...
Page 1 of 1