Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lebron Dunked on

Go down 
+7
oggy420
The Great One
Ziggy116
LA
CainVelasquezFan
joshkellerseattle
Jruq
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Good quality video is here:
http://ebaumnation.com/2009/07/22/jordan-crawford-dunks-on-lebron-james

Not that big of a deal really; Nike trying to hide it is the only thing making this truly newsworthy.

*edit* I suppose this belongs in the sports section - my bad
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Wow, that was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. He just rotated over late and didn't get off the ground before the other guy, coming from a side angle...

Not even a facial or anything. I thought this guy went straight over the top of him! If Nike didn't try to get the tape, it would have never been a story at all. LBJ has been dunked on WAY worse in the league before, that was nothing.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:48 pm

that was it?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:08 pm

I bet that really wasn't even it
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:11 pm

I like Lebron a lot but this whole story kinda makes me lose respect for him and I enjoyed what Kobe said at his camp...made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
I like Lebron a lot but this whole story kinda makes me lose respect for him and I enjoyed what Kobe said at his camp...made me laugh.

I dont think it was Lebron's decision to have it vacated so much. I believe it was Nike that made that decision on their own.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Ah good call Great 1....very well could be, I just think he may have had something to do with it
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Yeah, thanks man.

They brought up a pretty good point on the Sportsnation show today.

One of the hosts said something about how he thinks Nike did it as a marketing stunt to bring more attention to their company. Now whether that worked or not...I have no idea lol
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Haven't watched SportsNation yet...I hate Cowherd with a passion so I don't even flip it there...lol
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 pm

I totally agree lol. The host of the show is a total douchebag and sounds like he knows nothing about sports, but his point of Nike possibly doing that as a marketing ploy did get me thinking.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah I could see that as a possibility but a dumb one.

He is fucking awful, his show is the main reason I quit listening to espn radio...
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Yeah, he really is horrible. I had my TV already turned onto ESPN when the show was on and they were talking about it...right after that I changed the channel though, because neither of those hosts know a damn thing about sports.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 pm

The biggest reason I hate his radio show is cause he's the type of guy that will only take calls praising him and if someone disagrees with him about something he just hangs up and disregards the comments....plus he's a fucking nerd lol
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Cowherd is just horrible. I don't know how people listen to his fucking voice all day, I want to reach through the fucking iTunes at work here and punch him.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 pm

are they serious? They had to cover that up and create a big conspiracy? Pffft
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:18 am

what a letdown.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:15 am

Yeah not really that big of a deal. Big time overblown thanks to the LBJ/Nike cover up
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Crawford ends winning in all this because he would got maybe a weeks worth of publicity if they let go out and made no big deal out of it now he will ever be known as the guy who dunked on Lebron and its wasnt even all that good
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Did you see LeBron admit to smoking bud 1 time? Big shocker. You can say that but you can't show this weak ass video? Is LeBron James retarded? Does he have a Vince Young like IQ? Jesus that guy is starting to make me wonder.

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 pm

^^^ I was gonna make a thread about that, even though he's dumb, if you've seen his interviews you'd know, this actually moves him up a notch in my book, that puts him at notch 1
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:15 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Did you see LeBron admit to smoking bud 1 time? Big shocker. You can say that but you can't show this weak ass video? Is LeBron James retarded? Does he have a Vince Young like IQ? Jesus that guy is starting to make me wonder.

From what I heard a while back, Lebron got charity grades back in high school. He never did anything and still got good grades. Undoubtedly if that is true, its only because of his playing ability.

The smoking bud one time thing is probably an understatement, he's from Akron and almost 80% of people from that city smoke it on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:13 am

Yeah who cares really. I think he is barely the 3rd best player in the leg. Freaking whiner.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:02 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Yeah who cares really. I think he is barely the 3rd best player in the leg. Freaking whiner.
Who do you think is better besides Kobe? Howard? Idk, Howard is great at defending and rebounding, but his low post game is limited to dunking pretty much. CP3 is pretty amazing, and should have been MVP in 07-08, but Lebron was better last year. I think Lebron and Kobe are tied for first and Howard and CP3 tied for third.

I don't get the Lebron hate on this really- it was Nike that didn't want the footage getting out there as they are trying to build the Leglobal brand or whatever. It's not like Lebron was talking to his people trying to make sure footage of him being dunked on doesn't get out, or personally taking people's cameras away.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Jruq wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:
Who do you think is better besides Kobe? Howard? Idk, Howard is great at defending and rebounding, but his low post game is limited to dunking pretty much. CP3 is pretty amazing, and should have been MVP in 07-08, but Lebron was better last year. I think Lebron and Kobe are tied for first and Howard and CP3 tied for third.

I don't get the Lebron hate on this really- it was Nike that didn't want the footage getting out there as they are trying to build the Leglobal brand or whatever. It's not like Lebron was talking to his people trying to make sure footage of him being dunked on doesn't get out, or personally taking people's cameras away.

That's why there's so much hate...because that is just speculation and not fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lebron Dunked on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lebron Dunked on   Lebron Dunked on Empty

Back to top Go down

Lebron Dunked on
Page 1 of 1