Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would we eat out?

Go down 
+4
bobbitt15
LA
OU
LTFG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:38 pm

You know, had a lunch meeting today and just happened to get a look at some of the kitchen staff as I made a trip to the head. I often wonder if we really knew "who" was in charge of handling our food, if we would eat out nearly as often (I'm guilty of 3-5 meals out a week, personally)? I mean if they are this incapable of taking care of themselves are we thinking they are any more caring in handling our food? Now let me paint the picture for you... A mid-level joint where the average dish (Meats, seafood and pastas on the menu) is $15-20... Generally not where you go sandals and t-shirt. Comfortable atmosphere where the lunch crowd is usually business or retired folk.

Now, what I saw... First food handler was a 20 something female who had enough facial piercings to make a head hunter tribe jealous (But to be fair, she seemed to be clean and attentive to her work from my 10 second evaluation). Second was a 20 something guy that looked pleasant and clean enough with some tight Coolio dread action going, but I noticed he had enough food from separate dishes he was preparing adorning his surgi gloves to create a dish of his own... A little nasty if that two hour old food falls onto mine, you know?

And the Coup de Grace... An early 20's guy, a little greasy and sporting a wild pony tail curled up under the back of his baseball cap, his 12" long sideburns (The hairnet isn't holding that shit in) were twisted into a wonderful Scandinavian school girl type braid with half dollar sized dream catchers tied to each end bouncing off his shoulders. In one ear he had a trio of what looked like talons creating a single dangling earring, and in the other he had a silver wedding band that would fit Andre The Giants thumb creating a monster hole that left the lobe almost nonexistent. And his facial piercings weren't as plentiful as the girls', but much more artistic and colorful... If it wasn't enough that he looked a bit rough around the edges, he be-bopped around the kitchen like Johnny Depp on meth, tossing and dropping pots, pans and dishes across counter tops and seemed more aware of the rhythm of the dream catchers alternating bounces to his shoulders than he was the food that was laying halfway off the plates and on the counter... I'm just wondering which one or where the head chef is? I won't be back anytime soon, and can only thank God I had already eaten before watching this display...

It's settled... I'm asking to visit each and every kitchen before I order from here on out...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

I managed to get through that novel and I try not to think about that shit. Kind of the "ignorance is bliss" attitude. I'm a picky eater as it is.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm

I took one look at that essay and passed
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Good question. I agree with Sooners. I eat out quite often and I guess ignorance is bliss. It's a pretty nasty thought when you really start thinking about what some of the characters preparing your food are like hygiene wise
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:37 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Not shocking... We've already covered your attention span beyond two sentences. 2 minutes is understandably asking waaaaay too much.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:40 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Not shocking... We've already covered your attention span beyond two sentences. 2 minutes is understandably asking waaaaay too much.

I thought you had that convo with me? lol!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 pm

NoRegret wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I thought you had that convo with me? lol!

Get in line, there were many here before you... Wink
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:34 pm

lol at likes to fight, a magazine publisher who does shoots with wwe and mma personalities says all the fighters have ADD. Maybe it translates to fight fans aswell.

To the question, Ignorance is bliss. There is a family owned mexican joint here :Tarahumaras" they have flat screens throughout the dining area with some on sports and others panning through the kitchens.. You get eagle view of the kitchen its great food and kinda cool for someone like you or sooners. I love to eat out so i choose not to think about it but if I see something it bothers me and I dont visit again.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

I'll read a long post if it's worthy
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:20 am

thanks for making me paranoid
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 am

Im with sooners I try not to think about it or it will drive u crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Would we eat out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we eat out?   Would we eat out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would we eat out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: