Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
SOKO
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th Empty
PostSubject: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Happy birthday to the man. Weed Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th 13546_1169407276556_1269188648_30416472_7947047_s
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Never understood the obsession with this guy. Must be a pothead thing I guess
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:05 pm

WTF? There are actually people who dont like Bob Marley's music !?! Wow i didn't think it was possible. You dont know what you're missing.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Are you a Jamacian or a white kid who just likes to smoke pot and needed a hero in this valueless and diseased era of humanity?

actually I am a 29 yr old white man that dj's reggae music and grew up into it with the friends around me. If you get bored look up murdah one sound atlanta/florida. I dont expect you to know to much about the "sound business" being white but once again if you get time do some homework before you go off on some nonsense thinking I am disrespecting the dead. He is a fucking icon to me and yes I do smoke weed. Maybe next time I will give kurt cobain a shout out cause he is also missed. M-1 sound "music universal righteously delivering A high on new entertainment" DJ blaze out this bitch.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

oggy420 wrote:
WTF? There are actually people who dont like Bob Marley's music !?! Wow i didn't think it was possible. You dont know what you're missing.

Sorry, but I believe Bob Marley is Extremely overrated ... Every bob marley poster I have seen has had a pot leaf or him smoking in it .. There is nothing wrong with his music, but a ton of people like him for the wrong reason .. plus a lot of his lyrics should not have as much meaning to Americans anyway..

A musician should be known for there music only.. not there politics..

(Not saying anyone here just likes bob marley for his poster status, just the masses in general)

Sorry I am about off to work, I could write a lot more on this, but I gotta go.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Somebody has taken a few too many Music History courses

Marley is the man
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 pm

i never said anything about Bob besides i liked his music. His music puts me in a good mood. It has nothing to do with the fact the he smoked pot, it has to do with his music being awesome and i strongly disagree that he is an anyway overrated.

Last edited by oggy420 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

who is Bob Marley?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
who is Bob Marley?

One of the best muscians of all time regardless of what anyone on here says.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:35 pm

In other words Wolf only likes death metal and everything else is awful. War Goths!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm

lol great answers
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:45 pm

When i think of what Wolf might be like in real life, this is what comes to mind

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I am just fucking around. How do you not know who Bob Marley is? He is the cheif exporter of Jamacian/Rastafarian culture, was a key political/cultural figure in Jamaca and one of the more influential musicians of the last century.

Whiteboys worshipping trendy drug culture without historical perspective aside, he is a black nationalist hero and recorded many statements of pan-African unity and served as a voice for blacks fighting oppression world wide. He helped unify the warring Jamacan people in the 70s. He is also a folk hero for supporters of the civil rights movement, and is probably just as important as the Beatles in that regard.

Dub, House, Ska and Reggae all owe him tremendous debts.

Because here in Oklahoma, if it's not played on a banjo, it ain't music. No but really I'm a fucking pot head who prefers rap and R&B, of course I know who Bob Marley is. I always wonder what kind of weed he is smoking when I'm taking a piss at my buddies with that big ass poster staring at me.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 pm

im not a fan of death metal but it's still alot better than that gay ass screamo shit thats popular today, cant stand any new rock music really.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm

oggy420 wrote:
im not a fan of death metal but it's still alot better than that gay ass screamo shit thats popular today, cant stand any new rock music really.

Yeah atleast your not stuck around a bunch of country lovers. I swear I have hated that shit since the moment I heard some whiny little bitch strumming his geetar. I'll be honest I can't stand heavy medal either, or pop. I really don't even like most new rap. Lots of shitty music these days, which should be obvious with Taylor Swift winning every award ever made.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:09 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Yeah atleast your not stuck around a bunch of country lovers. I swear I have hated that shit since the moment I heard some whiny little bitch strumming his geetar. I'll be honest I can't stand heavy medal either, or pop. I really don't even like most new rap. Lots of shitty music these days, which should be obvious with Taylor Swift winning every award ever made.

dude i didn't have to deal with Country music until i moved into this bumble fuck ass town im living in now. This one kid i chill with drives a Diesel Dodge Ram and i have to listen to him blast country every time i cruise with him. So fucking annoying lol.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OG country is bad ass, 40s-70s has some great stuff but I must admit the new shit is the most annoying anti-thought genre in the history of the universe. It is no different than any other pop form really.

And yes I am glad others here agree that new rock and new music in general is AIDS incarnate.

RIP music.

How would you know? Unless you are referring to what is being played on the radio.. guarantee that If I handed you my Ipod you might recognize 2 bands (maybe)
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Somebody has taken a few too many Music History courses

Marley is the man

what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 am

it means of all people why would you have a problem with Bob Marley. Dude is a legond.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am

oggy420 wrote:
it means of all people why would you have a problem with Bob Marley. Dude is a legond.

hah well I dont think thats what LA meant..

and I dont have a problem with Bob Marley.. please show me where I said that.

What I do have a problem with is him being posterized as the "mascot" for marijuana, which brings outside reasons towards his music, which dilutes it..

Don't get me wrong when I say something is overrated it doesn't mean I dont like it.. There are some Bob Marley songs i do like.. but like I said I cant count how many times I have been stoned with a group of friends (who probably have been to a combined 3 concerts) would put on Bob Marley .. it seemed to always make me laugh cuz it just felt cliche

and I am not saying everyone who likes Bob Marley is like my friends I mentioned above .. but my point is that its out there and for that it makes him overrated .. my opinion of course
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
OG country is bad ass, 40s-70s has some great stuff but I must admit the new shit is the most annoying anti-thought genre in the history of the universe. It is no different than any other pop form really.

And yes I am glad others here agree that new rock and new music in general is AIDS incarnate.

RIP music.

How would you know? Unless you are referring to what is being played on the radio.. guarantee that If I handed you my Ipod you might recognize 2 bands (maybe)

We've discussed music before. You like some off the path stuff but it's a bit too whimpy for my tastes if I recall. My heart lies in metal music from 69-98ish or so, and some random stuff since then.

Still, I am open to trying out what you have to recommend. I wonder though, how many of the bands save the mainstream ones I have mentioned here would you know out of my ipod?

I am not sure .. I would probably not fair to well .. it's not that I don't like metal, it just seems like i have to be in the mood for it... which is usually only when I end up hanging out with my friends that love it.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 am

and the last time I was hanging out with them I think they were listening to Dimmu Borgir..
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:20 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That said, the Mourning Palace video is kind of cool and some of their earlier works were legitimate.

wouldnt even try to tell you whether if it was their "earlier" works or not ..
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I am just fucking around. How do you not know who Bob Marley is? He is the cheif exporter of Jamacian/Rastafarian culture, was a key political/cultural figure in Jamaca and one of the more influential musicians of the last century.

Whiteboys worshipping trendy drug culture without historical perspective aside, he is a black nationalist hero and recorded many statements of pan-African unity and served as a voice for blacks fighting oppression world wide. He helped unify the warring Jamacan people in the 70s. He is also a folk hero for supporters of the civil rights movement, and is probably just as important as the Beatles in that regard.

Dub, House, Ska and Reggae all owe him tremendous debts.

where was this post to start with wolf. You are one hard mofo to figure out. I think you speak off of instinct sometimes if not all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th   Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wishing Bob Marley a happy 65th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next