Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hughes on Lawler and SF

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
oggy420
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Hughes on Lawler and SF Empty
PostSubject: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 am

Interesting.

Good analysis on the Lawler-Manhoef fight. Melvin was killing him but i did have a feeling that Lawler, while hurt was waiting for his oppurtunity. It was good scouting, not luck.

Don't know what to make of his complaints about fighter treatment because in both UFC and Strikeforce you have mixed reviews from fighters about fighter treatment. Some guys get treated better than others, or atleast they think that. You have guys like Gilbert and Jake saying Strikeforce treats them great but on the other hand i can see somebody like Jay Hieron not getting the respect he feels he deserves which is probably going to drive him to the UFC unless Strikeforce pays him more. Matt Hughes has his idea of how a fighter should be treated and i guess Robbie Lawler does not get that treatment in Strikeforce...but i wonder if Robbie Lawler got the treatment Matt Hughes expects when he was in UFC. I do think these promoters pick favorites. It's all down to perception. You have Matt Hughes saying UFC is amazing in fighter treatment but then you have guys like Dan Henderson and Quinton Jackson feeling slighted like Robbie Lawler felt last month or Jay Hieron.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:48 am

Matt Hughes expects everyone to kiss his ass and when they dont well he dont take to kindly to that now haha
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Interesting.

Good analysis on the Lawler-Manhoef fight. Melvin was killing him but i did have a feeling that Lawler, while hurt was waiting for his oppurtunity. It was good scouting, not luck.

Don't know what to make of his complaints about fighter treatment because in both UFC and Strikeforce you have mixed reviews from fighters about fighter treatment. Some guys get treated better than others, or atleast they think that. You have guys like Gilbert and Jake saying Strikeforce treats them great but on the other hand i can see somebody like Jay Hieron not getting the respect he feels he deserves which is probably going to drive him to the UFC unless Strikeforce pays him more. Matt Hughes has his idea of how a fighter should be treated and i guess Robbie Lawler does not get that treatment in Strikeforce...but i wonder if Robbie Lawler got the treatment Matt Hughes expects when he was in UFC. I do think these promoters pick favorites. It's all down to perception. You have Matt Hughes saying UFC is amazing in fighter treatment but then you have guys like Dan Henderson and Quinton Jackson feeling slighted like Robbie Lawler felt last month or Jay Hieron.

It seemed like Robbie was almost baiting Manhoef to just let loose and go all out. He even did some weird head wobble in, what I'd guess, some attempt to look "rocked"

As in any sport there are a ton of big egos and people get their feelings hurt. I doubt SF really treats their fighters poorly, same with the UFC. I think contract negotiations probably get a little brutal though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:05 am

Good point about faking being rocked.

Hughes statements there can be seen as both UFC company man babble and as areas Strikeforce needs to improve on. Probably a little of both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Robbie was doing that fake rocked shit the whole fight but Melvin was under control the whole time so it didn't really work. I don't really given that move credit for him throwing a punch at the same time as Mel so his hands were down
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Honestly, it was a complete luck shot, Melvin wrecks Robbie in a rematch
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:28 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Honestly, it was a complete luck shot, Melvin wrecks Robbie in a rematch

Agreed .. I really doubt Lawlers gameplan was to get his ass kicked
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 am

or and this sounds crazy lawler could follow the game plan and take melvin down and gnp him to victory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on Lawler and SF   Hughes on Lawler and SF Empty

Back to top Go down

Hughes on Lawler and SF
Page 1 of 1