Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
captain organic
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers Empty
PostSubject: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

This will be Amoussou's biggest fight to date. He has been working his way through M-1 Challengers, then was the headline for the 1st "major" M-1 Global card. If he wins this then I fully expect him to be on the normal SF shows and maybe even fight for the vacant Dream MW title. The guy is just fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:56 pm

This will be his first fight against a guy with a winning record since Lucio Linhares who finished him. Prangley is no free pass and will probably take it if he makes it to the fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Which date?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:51 pm

They just whipped up that Challengers card out of nowhere. It looks to be far away the best one they have put on yet on paper.

Middleweight bout: Trevor Prangley (22-5) vs. Karl Amoussou (11-2-1)
Women's 135-lb bout: Sarah Kaufman (10-0) vs. Takayo Hashi (12-1)
Middleweight bout: Luke Rockhold (6-1) vs. Paul Bradley (12-1)
Welterweight bout: James Terry (7-1) vs. Tarec Saffiedine (7-2)
Middleweight bout: Raul Castillo (6-0) vs. Yancy Medeiros (4-0)

Usually, half the challengers cards are fighters with losing records or guys/or girls that have never fought professionally. Those are all good fighters worth watching, especially Luke Rockhold...he's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm

This fight could be on a UFC main card imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:31 pm

god damn Crazy Horse has a shit load of mugshots
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This fight could be on a UFC main card imo.

Sarcasm right?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I really don't care to get into an argument over either of these guys but they both have great records, Prangley(22-5) has been on a massive tear, not losing since 07 devouring mid level promotional titles lately(Bodog, Sharkfights, MFC) in multiple weight classes and his last three losses are to Santiago(Strikeforce tournament final, top ten opponent)Sonnen(2006, top ten opponent) and Jeremy Horn(2005, MMA alltime legend) and Karl is one of M-1's most exciting fighters and has a lot of hype surrounding him, and has a UFC friendly style. Both of these fighters are the type to get a lot of hype from Dana and Rogan coming into their first fights.

Considering the chud that has been on a lot of recent UFC main cards lately this fight would be great and clearly something they would place on the maincard.

This is simply my opinion, post a reply where you disagree if you have to, but keep in mind farmer that even you have to be aware of the way you view non-UFC fighters and your pro-UFC slant.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm

I love when fighters fail in the UFC, and go a win a bunch of fights outside it against average fighters and people start acting like they're good, I could name a handful of these guys.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I love it when a young fighter loses to top competition in the UFC, does well after he loses and improves significantly, and is still dogged by losses that were already dated by several fights when Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva were still considered pound for pound fighters, simply because their losses happened in a cage with Xyience on the matt, regardless of what they've done since then.

UFC brand bias and homerism is horrible, but it's something you have to deal with from bible thumping Matt Hughes following assholes and pot smoking college dropouts alike. I could name a hand full of these types. Smile
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Nah the competition just isn't nearly as strong outside the UFC

Also, I think all of the pot smokers on this board are in college or college graduates
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 am

Wolfy has the lamest troll attempts. This card isn't good enough to be a fight night. We all know it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 am

Did I say it was fight night level? But actually it pretty much is. Those are all young up and coming, TUF or better level dudes, which is usually what Fight nights are. Prangley and Karl are both potential main carders in the future and I stand by that. If Paul Daley and Dennis Kang were coming into the UFC, so are they.

Not that you even know who these fighters are anyway.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:24 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Did I say it was fight night level? But actually it pretty much is. Those are all young up and coming, TUF or better level dudes, which is usually what Fight nights are. Prangley and Karl are both potential main carders in the future and I stand by that. If Paul Daley and Dennis Kang were coming into the UFC, so are they.

My mistake I thought you originally said this was a UFC Main Card type of card. That why I thought you were being sarcastic. Guess I should read better and not just skim over it quickly.

I think the MAIN EVENT is good enough to make a card. I think both fights are solid, but not near the upper echelon.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

And if I don't know them, then why on earth would I start a thread about them.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:33 am

It's 10 times better than most Challenger cards
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I love when fighters fail in the UFC, and go a win a bunch of fights outside it against average fighters and people start acting like they're good, I could name a handful of these guys.

Prangley was 2-2 in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 pm

No shit, and he went on to fight lower caliber fighter outside it, and improved his record
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 pm

building up one's record for smaller orgs before joining a bigger one is standard procedure.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 pm

That's what he did at the point when he was in the UFC
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Prangley is pretty good. I think he's underrated. I'd like to see Amoussou beat him though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't see how Prangley failed in the UFC considering there are much bigger failures still employed by the UFC right now with worse records then 2-2 because they are better for the show. His loss to Horn could of gone either way and I remember a lot of people arguing he got robbed after that fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Ya and it's impossible to think he could have improved since then. Last we saw Prangley in the UFC, how good were Rashad and Forrest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers   Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers Empty

Back to top Go down

Amoussou vs Prangley SF Challengers
Page 1 of 1