Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ already training?

Go down 
+5
Farmer1906
captain organic
oggy420
timthebim
Ninja
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

BJ already training? Empty
PostSubject: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:51 pm

http://www.bjpenn.com/forum/topics/bj-going-back-to-camp-in-a-few?xg_source=activity

If I had to take a guess I would say they already skipped over Maynard and are just going to give Edgar a chance at the belt.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:09 pm

BJ will beat Edgar fairly easy i think and then whats next?? Not 100 percent sure but I smell GSP vs BJ 3 probably early 2011. Maybe Im just hoping lol.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:12 pm

yea as big of a fan of frankie i am, Bj is just a bad matchup for any ufc lw.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Well if Dana wants BJ vs GSP III, and we know BJ wants it, then he better get it togethor relatively soon(cause of GSP's intentions of moving up.) And BJ demolishing all the top 155 competitors in short order is def the first step to the trilogy.

Do we think BJ should beat an Alves or a Fitch in order to earn another 170 title shot? or do we think his work at 155 earns him that right? I happen to think the former.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 pm

captain organic wrote:
Well if Dana wants BJ vs GSP III, and we know BJ wants it, then he better get it togethor relatively soon(cause of GSP's intentions of moving up.) And BJ demolishing all the top 155 competitors in short order is def the first step to the trilogy.

Do we think BJ should beat an Alves or a Fitch in order to earn another 170 title shot? or do we think his work at 155 earns him that right? I happen to think the former.

Yes! He should earn his title shot. He should not by pass other contenders at WW just because "BJ" want to fight GSP again.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah let BJ fight Kos, Fitch, or Alvez.

Maybe even the Hughes rubber match!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

BJ would kill Hughes so forget that but ur right he should fight the loser of Fitch vs Alves. If he wins he gets GSP if he doent then he drops to the middle of the pack and has to work his way up.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 pm

And yes I am overlooking whomever his next opponent is. I know this is MMA, but this next fight, no matter whom it's against, seems about as academic as they come.

I just hope it's not filled with failed takedown attempts that leave BJ pinned up against the fence.
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Alvez would be a bad match up for BJ. Alvez is an absolutely huge WW coming in the cage over 190 pounds. While BJ is not even that big of a LW. Alvez would probably have a 20lb weight advantage over him at least, not to mention BJ wouldn't be at his best fighting weight. Alvez would be way to big for BJ I think he would be able to just out muscle him.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:34 pm

timthebim wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

BJ would kill Hughes so forget that but ur right he should fight the loser of Fitch vs Alves. If he wins he gets GSP if he doent then he drops to the middle of the pack and has to work his way up.

Yeah just like he did last time. He has yet to prove himself at 170.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:35 pm

timthebim wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I'd think that if Penn lost to Fitch or Alves then he'd have to give up on his 170 dream.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Yeah just like he did last time. He has yet to prove himself at 170.

Problem with Hughes imo is that I don't think Penn would earn a title shot by beating Hughes, and I doubt he wants a long campaign at 170.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:40 pm

captain organic wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I'd think that if Penn lost to Fitch or Alves then he'd have to give up on his 170 dream.

I dont think so just because they are the top ranked guys but u could be right about that. Alves is a tough matchup but I think he beats Fitch and thats who I believe will be the loser between Alves vs Fitch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 pm

taylorfleig wrote:
Alvez would be a bad match up for BJ. Alvez is an absolutely huge WW coming in the cage over 190 pounds. While BJ is not even that big of a LW. Alvez would probably have a 20lb weight advantage over him at least, not to mention BJ wouldn't be at his best fighting weight. Alvez would be way to big for BJ I think he would be able to just out muscle him.

But I think Alvez would want to stand and bang, so while his power would be a factor I don't think his strength would play a huge part.

And I again look at the Marinovich factor. It seems to have had a tremendous effect at 155, and I think it's very possible Penn could put that weight on in a positive fashion. He would not be as big as Alves on the night of the fight, but he would look alot better then he did in his last GSP match.

I have Penn Alves near the top of my wish list.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
taylorfleig wrote:

Eddie vs BJ would be an exciting fight, but in not way would it bad matchup for BJ. Eddie has a very iffy chin and has been rocked in couple of his last fights. BJ has the opposite problem. Eddie really isn't that big of LW. He was similar size to both Hell Boy and Aoki when they fought. I don't see Eddie out-muscling BJ at all. The only person to ever do that was GSP......

Alvarez =/= Alves

BJ already training? Eddie_alvarezBJ already training? UFC90thiago2
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
taylorfleig wrote:

Eddie vs BJ would be an exciting fight, but in not way would it bad matchup for BJ. Eddie has a very iffy chin and has been rocked in couple of his last fights. BJ has the opposite problem. Eddie really isn't that big of LW. He was similar size to both Hell Boy and Aoki when they fought. I don't see Eddie out-muscling BJ at all. The only person to ever do that was GSP......

Alvarez =/= Alves

BJ already training? Eddie_alvarezBJ already training? UFC90thiago2

affraid Shit I must be high or something. I skimmed through his post and thought he was talking about Eddie. My bad. jocolor

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:52 pm

It's all good Ninja. I agree on your assessment on Eddie. Smile
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah I was talking about Thiago lol
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:06 am

I'd love to see GSP beat the shit out of BJ again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:56 am

BJ Penn would beat Thiago Alves fucking ass all over the Octagon, mark my words men. BJ and him have the same reach while BJ's boxing and striking game over all is way way better, and his ground game is also much much better. Alves isn't GSP, and even if he is a big muscle bound meathead, I am not convinced he has the required wrestling skills needed to take Penn down, and then what happens to him if he actually gets him down? No my friends, Thiago Alves gets stopped by Penn.

And why shouldn't BJ get an immediate title shot when he has already established himself as a WW by being a champion in that weight class while none of these other, equally as owned by GSP, fighters ever have? All that in addition to making the UFC LW division look like a joke and proving he is one of the best p4p fighters of all time.

It's not like the division is loaded with challengers who haven't been given the chance. It's a bunch of guys who GSP has already ruined. BJ Penn is no different, but at least he is a champion in another division, a former WW champ, and a guy that has bad blood with GSP that still needs settled.

That said, I would like to see him take a WW fight first to get acclimated to the weight so he can build his cardio up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 am

It hasn't been announced yet but it's Penn vs Edgar.

Will be announced soon.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:45 pm

You some kinda insider???
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ already training?   BJ already training? Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ already training?
Page 1 of 1