[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 A Johny Hendricks misconception

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:26 pm

OU wrote:
I think he has very similar responses that Dan Henderson would have. Dan rubs some the wrong way but most people love the guy. I don't know if it his tone of voice comes off as more annoying? I can't put my finger on it really. He has similar responses as a lot of guys, as far as I can tell.
Again I still think he is very similar to DC as well. Who also gets hate, not really around here but from a number of MMA fans.
Also using GDP as an example, he is a fan of Josh Barnett. So that makes the criticism all that more confusing to me. Same goes for people that might support Jones, Bisping, Sonnen or a number of guys.

I like Johny, I would consider myself a fan, but he isn't one of my favorites. I actually found myself pulling for Robbie during the fight but I have always enjoyed watching Robbie fight. But I seem to be stuck in the role of Hendricks defender because I don't understand the reaction really.

Problem here is you're attempting to apply your own views and standards as the standard.  You see Hendricks in a way most others do not.  He shares similarities with Dan and Dan, but almost no way what so ever in character and behavior that I have observed.

Most people think he has a tendency to whine too much.  Not the tone of voice, the message of his words.  He's had legitimate gripes before like when Diaz lost then fought for the title over him.  He earned every sniveling gripe he gave.  But then it gets to the point where he doesn't move on, he let's it linger like a bad fart and sooner then later, it becomes what he is known for as he takes the sentiment beyond what it truly deserved. 

I don't dislike Josh Barnett, but there is plenty I don't like about his journey.  And what is confusing is why your assumption about my views on Josh Barnett make my critique of Hendricks confusing.  I don't know what that means.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARA Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:27 am

I don't understand how lower character people seem to be more liked then Johny. I don't think it has anything to do with standards. I think it definitely is something with tone or body language. It's not just the content of what he is saying. People have a problem with him but they never really give specifics. Fans are weird. Everyone is a hypocrite, myself included. He doesn't let things go as quickly as you would like on what you called a legitimate complaint is your reasoning? Pretty weak and as far as I can tell he doesn't do it any more then every other fighter out there. Except his complaints are more legit then most.

_________________
A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:38 am

Come on dude, your argument has dipped down to people don't like the way he looks and the sound of his voice?  It's been spelled out clearly enough just about anywhere one is willing to look and those are not the reasons people don't back him.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARA Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Come on dude, your argument has dipped down to people don't like the way he looks and the sound of his voice?  It's been spelled out clearly enough just about anywhere one is willing to look and those are not the reasons people don't back him.

I have literally nothing else to base it on. I have heard his interviews and I'm not seeing him being any different then 90% of the guys out there. Not 1 example of him outside of hanging on the GSP loss for too long. If that right there is enough to generate the type of hate he gets then I'm amazed people can be fans of any fighter.
I'm getting sick and fucking tired of the other side of the argument though. Not one person has provided a single example of anything and I have listened and watched all I could find on the guy. I know for a fact it's not just content. If we just had the text without hearing the voice, it's no different than anyone else and I have yet to see anyone with any real argument against the guy. People can feel how they want I just haven't seen 1 single justification for it. It's pretty annoying the way people argue against him, no substance what so ever.

I'm not going to comment on it any further or read any responses. It's beyond tired at this point.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:14 am

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Come on dude, your argument has dipped down to people don't like the way he looks and the sound of his voice?  It's been spelled out clearly enough just about anywhere one is willing to look and those are not the reasons people don't back him.

I have literally nothing else to base it on. I have heard his interviews and I'm not seeing him being any different then 90% of the guys out there. Not 1 example of him outside of hanging on the GSP loss for too long. If that right there is enough to generate the type of hate he gets then I'm amazed people can be fans of any fighter.
I'm getting sick and fucking tired of the other side of the argument though. Not one person has provided a single example of anything and I have listened and watched all I could find on the guy. I know for a fact it's not just content. If we just had the text without hearing the voice, it's no different than anyone else and I have yet to see anyone with any real argument against the guy. People can feel how they want I just haven't seen 1 single justification for it. It's pretty annoying the way people argue against him, no substance what so ever.

I'm not going to comment on it any further or read any responses. It's beyond tired at this point.

why do you feel that anyone who doesn't like hendricks should feel obliged to do extensive research and prepare a proposal to justify their dislike in a way that would satisfy you?

you've never provided a good reason for disliking michael bisping or any of the others you suggested as being clearly worse people than hendricks in an earlier post. if you don't like him because you don't like his voice, because he moaned about vitor being on TRT, because the decision didn't go the way you would've liked against hammill the best part of a decade ago or any other inconsequential shite that shouldn't really matter to anyone........ then you don't have a valid point in defending hendricks against people not warming to him for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:43 pm

OUklohomla, I think I know why you like to back Hendricks so much..... Nikolai Diaz!

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARA Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content




A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Johny Hendricks misconception   A Johny Hendricks misconception - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
A Johny Hendricks misconception
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Fight Discussion :: MMA-
Jump to: