Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

John Jones tweets.....

Go down 
+4
Cu Bu
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
timthebim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

John Jones tweets..... Empty
PostSubject: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:40 pm

That Gustafsson and Dan Cormier should fight and then fight the winner of him and Glover. Everything he says makes him sound like he is ducking people. I wish he would just be quiet and fight.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 4:03 pm

I think Cormier needs to beat someone at the weight not some scrub to get a shot. On the other side Gustafsson should get the winner of Jones vs Glover.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah I think DC has earned a shot already IF Gustafsson would have lost but for Bones to say they should fight is a not so smart tactic to only have to fight one of them right now instead of both of them back to back.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:35 pm

There is a lot wrong with Jones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm

All of it is outside the cage though. When it comes time to fight he always shows up.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:18 pm

timthebim wrote:
All of it is outside the cage though. When it comes time to fight he always shows up.
true

i would still love to see him loose and maybe josh can avenge JJ stealing his girlfriend by pushing his shit in with a pineapple
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Lmao I damn near forgot about that story....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:10 pm

looks like DC will fight Feijao
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Should be a good fight.  Any Feijao in his career other then the one who fought Silva so horribly makes for a tough fight with anyone at 205.  Cormier could have his punch durability tested here.  That said, it's not an ideal booking for either.  If Jones won't fight Cormier, then Daniel should be booked against someone with better recent fight history.  Feijao, just is not quite there logically for a guy at the top of the division.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Should be a good fight.  Any Feijao in his career other then the one who fought Silva so horribly makes for a tough fight with anyone at 205.  Cormier could have his punch durability tested here.  That said, it's not an ideal booking for either.  If Jones won't fight Cormier, then Daniel should be booked against someone with better recent fight history.  Feijao, just is not quite there logically for a guy at the top of the division.

Yeah it really doesn't seem to make much sense for either guy and it likely won't persuade people either way on DC if he wins. Those that think he is legit will still think he is legit and those that think he lacks credibility will still think he lacks credibility. Really not much to gain for DC here. Dominate and haters still gonna hate. Struggle and haters turn it up even more.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:18 am

jon should quit tweeting and dressing in drag
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Jones suggestion doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me.

cormier hasn't beaten anyone in the UFC to earn a title shot and he certainly shouldn't be rewarded with a LHW shot for not wanting to fight the HW champ.

neither cormier or gustafssons recent fights were that taxing, it's hard to imagine either of them would be injured or jaded. there are no good reasons why we can't see cormier v gus around may/early June and the winner take on the jones/texeira winner in august or september.

the fans pay their wages, the fans should get quality fights, end of. cormier/gustafsson is a fight i'd like to see and i don't imagine i'm alone in that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:05 am

cheekynffc wrote:

cormier hasn't beaten anyone in the UFC to earn a title shot and he certainly shouldn't be rewarded with a LHW shot for not wanting to fight the HW champ.

neither cormier or gustafssons recent fights were that taxing, it's hard to imagine either of them would be injured or jaded. there are no good reasons why we can't see cormier v gus around may/early June and the winner take on the jones/texeira winner in august or september.

the fans pay their wages, the fans should get quality fights, end of. cormier/gustafsson is a fight i'd like to see and i don't imagine i'm alone in that.

I think more people want to see both fight Jones then fight eachother.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 am

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

as long as they don't get knocked out by a scrub in the interim they probably will both end up fighting jones anyway.

get it on i say.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

as long as they don't get knocked out by a scrub in the interim they probably will both end up fighting jones anyway.

get it on i say.
I think they have both already earned the opportunity to fight Jones and neither guy has to prove anything.

Why does it have to be a scrub?
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 am

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

get it on i say.
I think they have both already earned the opportunity to fight Jones and neither guy has to prove anything.

I agree with this!
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:54 pm

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

get it on i say.

why do you give a shit whether either guy has to prove anything?

personally, I don't care what works best for alexander gustafsson or daniel cormier. all i'm interested in is seeing good fights and the UFC doesn't owe either of these guys shit.

any fight with the jones/texeira winner isn't happening till late 2014 come what may, they should just get in the fucking octagon and fight for a title shot.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 pm

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

why do you give a shit whether either guy has to prove anything?

personally, I don't care what works best for alexander gustafsson or daniel cormier. all i'm interested in is seeing good fights and the UFC doesn't owe either of these guys shit.

any fight with the jones/texeira winner isn't happening till late 2014 come what may, they should just get in the fucking octagon and fight for a title shot.

Agreed. Perhaps they have done enough to earn a title shot if a title shot were available at the time in which they earned it - but it wasn't/isn't. In what other facet of life can you reach a certain status, press a pause button, and then apply that status - which was earned at an arbitrary time - towards some reward?

I have been busting my chops at work and I'm probably next in line for my bosses job. Perhaps I should ask if I can just take a sabbatical until he retires or dies to make sure nobody comes along and surpasses me before his position opens up. The Chief's started the 2013 season 9-0 - that's pretty impressive! Perhaps they should have petitioned the NFL to give them the next rest of the season off and a free pass into the Super Bowl, because at some irrelevant point in time, they were on top. The whole notion is absurd when you apply it to virtually anything else.

I think what cheeky meant by the "scrub" comment is that only losing to a scrub would prevent Gus and Cormier from both fighting Jones anyway. Of course everyone wants to both of them fight Jones, but what's the problem with having an extra fight or two in there in between rather than having them all sit on the sidelines? They're both in high enough of a position that one losing to the other still has the loser one win away from a title shot. Gus beats Cormier and gets his rematch vs Jones, Cormier, after losing to Gus, gets to beat up Phil Davis, Jones beats Gus and Cormier gets the next shot in roughly the same time frame that would have applied had he been kept on the shelves until Jones fought Glover and Gus.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:24 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/31/5569120/report-daniel-cormier-vs-dan-henderson-feijao-cavalcante-ufc-175-las-vegas-mma

UFC apparently heard the deafening complaints that Daniel Cormier wasn't getting a "name" Light Heavyweight opponent next. So it called Dan Henderson.

When a rumored match up between Daniel Cormier vs. Rafael Cavalcante at UFC 175 hit the Internet last week, mixed martial arts (MMA) fans lamented that "DC" needed a stronger test than "Feijao" to prove that he is a top Light Heavyweight contender.

Now, it seems, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) might have settled on a different, more dangerous opponent to see if Cormier -- who recently steamrolled Patrick Cummins with ease at UFC 170 -- has got 205-pound skills:

Dan Henderson.

MMAFighting.com reports that Henderson is now the first choice to fight Cormier next at UFC 175, which takes place at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 5, 2014.

In fact, the ball is reportedly in the court of Henderson, who is fresh off a sensational, nose-disfiguring (see pic here) knockout win over Shogun Rua in their rematch at UFC Fight Night 38 little more than one week ago (watch video highlights here), to accept or reject the opportunity.

It certainly makes more sense than a rematch against Middleweight No. 1 contender, Lyoto Machida.

For what it's worth, company president Dana White revealed on Twitter.com that the Cormier vs. Henderson fight is "not done," which means it's somewhere between the initial offer stage and awaiting official signatures. Nonetheless, White didn't deny the possibility, as well as teased that "more good news is coming."

Fingers crossed.

UFC 175 will feature a main event between Middleweight champion, Chris Weidman, defending his 185-pound title against former Light Heavyweight champion, the aforementioned Machida. It was a match that was originally scheduled for UFC 173; however, Weidman has to undergo minor knee surgery, forcing the title fight to be postponed until Fourth of July weekend.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 am

here we go.

now gustafsson can have his title rematch many people feel he deserves and if cormier beats henderson it will be hard to argue he doesn't deserve the winner.

@ thessy11, yes that is what i meant with the scrub comment. i wasn't suggesting either guy should have to fight a scrub in the interim, i meant that only being upset by a heavy underdog is likely to prevent either guy getting a title shot in the relatively near future.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 pm

OU wrote:
looks like DC will fight Feijao  

Now it looks like it will be Bader vs Feijao.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Jones tweets.....   John Jones tweets..... Empty

Back to top Go down

John Jones tweets.....
Page 1 of 1