Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far Empty
PostSubject: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:48 pm

If you have not heard, Numagomedov is filling in for Khalibov to fight Dos Anjos at this card, Cerrone is booked against Barbosa, Pat Healy fight Jorge Madivdal, Miesha Tate fights Liz Carmouche and the Main event is Browne vs Werdum.

Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
Miesha Tate vs. Liz Carmouche
Donald Cerrone vs. Edson Barboza
Brad Tavares vs. Yoel Romero
Jorge Masvidal vs. Pat Healy

this pleases me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 pm

I think it looks shitty for a fox show. I dont see a headliner fight yet and the rest look like borderline fight night fights.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 pm

I don't understand how you can call this "great" and UFC 170 is "not above average".

BBC it's shitty for a FOX card? How is Werdum vs Browne for HW title shot not a headliner? It's got a solid main and co-main event, the main card is very nice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:31 pm

The return of Alves
Quote :
For the first time in more than two years, Thiago Alves will return to the octagon.

Alves (19-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC) has been booked for a welterweight fight against Seth Baczynski (19-10 MMA, 5-3 MMA) at UFC on FOX 11. UFC officials announced the new booking on Thursday.

UFC on FOX 11 is set for April 19 at Amway Center in Orlando. It will be the UFC’s first visit to the city. The main card will air on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Alves has not fought since a March 2012 loss to Martin Kampmann in the main event of UFC on FX 2 in Australia. In that fight, Alves dominated the first 10 minutes. But then he shot for a takedown in the last minute of the fight, got caught in a guillotine choke and was forced to tap. Since then, it’s been a battle of injuries for the Florida-based Brazilian.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 pm

The quality of the matchups and who is fighting them makes huge difference. This is better then UFC 170 already in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The quality of the matchups and who is fighting them makes huge difference.  This is better then UFC 170 already in my opinion.

They are on similar levels IMO. But maybe you just aren't the level of fan I am you uber noob. Mrs. Dana White.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:20 pm

OU wrote:
I don't understand how you can call this "great" and UFC 170 is "not above average".

BBC it's shitty for a FOX card? How is Werdum vs Browne for HW title shot not a headliner? It's got a solid main and co-main event, the main card is very nice.

Werdum vs Browne isnt a headline fight for a fox or ppv card Imo. The fact its for a title shot only shows how weak HW has gotten. Ill watch, but I want a bigger fight since its live on Fox.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

Werdum vs Browne isnt a headline fight for a fox or ppv card Imo. The fact its for a title shot only shows how weak HW has gotten. Ill watch, but I want a bigger fight since its live on Fox.
I think you are crazy and there is nothing wrong with Werdum vs Browne for a title shot. Whoever wins would have won 4 fights in a row, for Browne his wins would be over Gonzaga, Reem, Barnett and Werdum. Sounds pretty good to me. For Werdum he would have beat Nelson, Russow, Nog and Browne and he would have won 7 of his last 8 fights.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:51 am

I think this is a stacked card. I live every fight on here so far. I don't look at it as being on fox I look at it for being a free card that I would pay to see.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:57 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

I think you are crazy and there is nothing wrong with Werdum vs Browne for a title shot. Whoever wins would have won 4 fights in a row, for Browne his wins would be over Gonzaga, Reem, Barnett and Werdum. Sounds pretty good to me. For Werdum he would have beat Nelson, Russow, Nog and Browne and he would have won 7 of his last 8 fights.

so they beat a bunch of guy's who are or have been declining for some time. Istill think it shouldnt headline a fox show, free or not. I'd be cool with it as a co main event.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Timmeh! Where ya been man?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:02 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

so they beat a bunch of guy's who are or have been declining for some time.  Istill think it shouldnt headline a fox show, free or not. I'd be cool with it as a co main event.

A bunch of guys in decline? How about a bunch of ranked fighters? Guys still capable of beating most HWs in the world. If you aren't impressed with Browne after his 3 knockouts, all in the 1st round in 2013 I don't know what to tell you. His only loss came when he blew out his knee in the middle of a fight he was winning. Werdum's only recent loss was a bizarre performance vs Reem when Reem was at his peak. I don't know what crazy standard you are holding these guys too but fighters in every weight class have gotten title shots for less. You trippin son.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 pm

I guess you're right and I'm basing my thoughts off of how none of the guys mentioned have a chance against Cain. There is a big gap between number 1 and the rest of the division I thought was so strong before guys like Reem showed me they werent as good as I thought. I still say this card needs another big fight. The fox cards are getting worse from when they started
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:20 pm

I guess you're right and I'm basing my thoughts off of how none of the guys mentioned have a chance against Cain.  There is a big gap between number 1 and the rest of the division I thought was so strong before guys like Reem showed me they werent as good as I thought. I still say this card needs another big fight.  The fox cards are getting worse from when they started
I agree with the large gap, the only people that have any prayer are the guys with KO power but even then the chances are pretty low. JDS probably has the best chance because his speed and power combo but I've come to grips that if fight 100 times Cain probably wins 80.
There is the same problem in other divisions as well. IMO Faber is clearly #2 in the World behind Barao who is clearly in a level above Faber. So the gap between him in the next contender is pretty big IMO. Same thing can be said for Mouse too right now. Not much out there right now except maybe a rematch with Dodson.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:57 am

They keep trying to pull new guys in for Mighty Mouse. That weight class is still growing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Both divisions are pretty bad now. I would rather see Dodson vs mouse before Cain vs any HW.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm

I think I might agree with that although I think Werdum has a shot against Cain even though it's a small chance at this point.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Wow, so Nurmagomedov vs RDA isn't even on FOX? It's probably the best fight on the card.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Yeah that fight should be on the main card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far   UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on Fox 11 looks great so far
Page 1 of 1