Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP Empty
PostSubject: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Hendricks: If GSP needs drugs to beat me, I got beat by drugs

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/13/johny-hendricks-if-georges-st-pierre-needs-drugs-to-beat-me-i-got-beat-by-the-drugs/

By Steven Marrocco November 13, 2013 8:35 pm ET

LAS VEGAS – UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks added fresh fuel to a fiery controversy over drug testing in advance of his title fight against Georges St-Pierre at UFC 167.

During a pre-event press conference, Hendricks all but accused the welterweight champ of using performance-enhancing drugs in the past six years of his career.

“Have you seen him in the last two months? He shrank a little bit, hasn’t he?” Hendricks said of St-Pierre. “Realistically, I don’t know. I saw him on the press tour. The only thing I know is whenever I step into the octagon, do I still have a six-pack? Check out my pictures. I’m fat. But I love it. I’m a fat dude.

“I’m pretty shredded at 170. I look good right now at 184. I look pretty strong, pretty jacked. But whenever I step into that octagon, I was looking at a picture with (Carlos) Condit, I was like, ‘Dude, you’re fat.’ You can’t see the bottom two abs.

“You don’t gain 15, 20 pounds and still keep that form. Everybody bloats a little bit. You don’t put a little water in your system without bloating. You don’t put 20 pounds of water in your system without bloating.”
Hendricks also took offense to suggestions that he was doping because he declined to participate in an enhanced testing program completed by St-Pierre.

In a recent interview with MMAjunkie, the champion pointed out that he enrolled in a program conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency, and Hendricks didn’t.

“It worked for me because I said I’m a man of my word,” St-Pierre said. “I said I was going to do it, and I did it. I’ve been tested, so far, three times randomly. They can come any time right now. But Hendricks didn’t do it.”

Hendricks fired back, “I’ve been clean my whole entire life. And all of a sudden, some dude doesn’t know me, (and) he’s been accused the last six years of being on something. He picks me and says I must be on something because I don’t want to follow the pony train to VADA. Get out of here.”

Hendricks pointed to his clean record in collegiate wrestling and said he had never been accused of using steroids or human growth hormone.

He also repeated earlier arguments against participating with VADA and said the Nevada State Athletic Commission had advised him against it.

“[St-Pierre's] face is all over the front page,” he said. “If me and you are going for a job interview, and this job is going to pay millions of dollars, and I say, ‘I’ve got somebody that’s going to drug test us,’ are you going to go to it?’ If you go to it, you’re a moron.

“The state athletic commission of Nevada said don’t do VADA. They said don’t do VADA. Are you going to trust your opponent, or are you going to trust the Nevada state commission, (who) doesn’t care?”
Two months ago, the camps of St-Pierre and Hendricks agreed to undergo enhanced testing through a World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited lab, but later scrapped the idea when St-Pierre’s camp suggested instead using VADA.

Although both programs aim to provide the same service, which often is called “Olympic-style” testing, Hendricks said they’re different.

“I’m not going to lay my life into his hands,” Hendricks said. “I said WADA. WADA is so much tougher to pass, and they don’t do just random drug tests where he randomly gives drug tests the first time cameras are around. No. WADA, you have to have your schedule for three to four months, and they know exactly where you’re at, and if you don’t show up within an hour of when they call you, you fail. Then, you’ve got to give them a three-day notice before any changes. So that’s so much harder to pass, and they test for stuff that VADA doesn’t.”

Echoing his manager, who cut off talks when the St-Pierre camp claimed to be endorsed by VADA, Hendricks said he doesn’t care what St-Pierre does or doesn’t use, only that he shows up on fight night.

“If he needs that to beat me, I got beat by the drug,” he said. “I don’t need drugs to win. I’ve proven that. If I can’t be champ without them, I’ll never revert to drugs to be champ.”

For more on UFC 167, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Very sick of this hypocritical crybaby.

GSP has done all the things Johnny hasn't which he really didn't need to.  This McCarthyism and double standard crap from Hendricks and his camp is disgraceful.  Few times in MMA has a guy made himself look like a bigger bitch then what Hendricks has done leading up to this fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP Animals-being-jerks-gifs-dog-slap
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:42 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

GSP has done all the things Johnny hasn't which he really didn't need to.  This McCarthyism and double standard crap from Hendricks and his camp is disgraceful.  Few times in MMA has a guy made himself look like a bigger bitch then what Hendricks has done leading up to this fight.
I don't see that at all. They wanted to do WADA and do the testing through NSAC and then it was GSP's camp that was sending all these back and forth emails with Kizer wanting to know exactly when GSP would be tested and every specific substance that would be tested for. It looked shady
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I don't see that at all. They wanted to do WADA and do the testing through NSAC and then it was GSP's camp that was sending all these back and forth emails with Kizer wanting to know exactly when GSP would be tested and every specific substance that would be tested for. It looked shady
You're not seeing most of what's happening then if that's what you think.  And you're also describing what every single fighter under the scrutiny of PED testing does, it is a must for camps to know exactly what is allowed and what is not allowed.  And GSP has undergone 100% more random tests in this process then Hendricks who decided he didn't want to be tested because of the VADA excuses.   And FYI, WADA doesn't do tests, they establish the protocols, approve the facilities, the methodology, physicians, schedule and so on, VADA strictly adheres to WADA regulations and then some.  Hendrick's looks real hypocritical pointing his finger and making demands which he himself is unwilling to abide by, meanwhile GSP is publicly posting the results of his random drug tests which have taken place in his camp, tests he had every right not to take when Hendricks himself dodged them, and had no hesitancy what so every to play ball to Johnny's silly jealous and insecure accusations.  He's becoming the poster boy for lame excuses and he hasn't even had this fight yet.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:13 pm

I've read everything on it. It's a non-issue that's getting a lot of play bc MMA journalists have a hard-on for all things TRT/VADA/WADA/anything else that won't affect the outcome of this fight
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Maybe this can help give you a more clear picture of why Hendricks is sounding silly at this point, and what it is that I'm sick of in regards to how this fight has been built up.  I think his lack of confidence and insecurity has pulled a huge cloud of BS over this contest that quite frankly, is and was not necessary.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_19218.shtml#.UoVEWeIliYE

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Johny Hendricks remains confused about drug testing in his own sport into UFC 167, as he got into rant mode against a Canadian reporter on Wednesday when the supplemental drug testing issue was brought up again.

"I'm not going to lay my life into [St-Pierre's] hands," Hendricks said (via MMAFighting.com). "I said WADA. WADA is so much tougher than VADA. They don't do drug tests where he just 'randomly' gets tested the first time a camera is around. WADA, you're scheduled for 3-4 months, and they have to know exactly where you're at. And if you don't show up within an hour of when they call you, you fail."

"The last six years, he's been accused. It's an accusation. Word of mouth is very powerful. He knows that, I know that. If I sit there and I know, if I win this belt, I will definitely go to WADA, because I can afford it. If we're going to drug test, let's do the hardest, toughest drug testing out there. That's WADA. They do everything. They hold your sample for 12 years. If any new testing comes out, in that testing, they retest it. If you fail, you're dirty. ... If you want to be on it, be on it. If you're not, who cares? Don't drag my name through the mud because the last six years you were scared to do it."

Hendricks is lacking some very fundamental comprehension of what WADA and VADA do. The World Anti-Doping Agency doesn't do any of their own drug testing. They set the protocols, the certify the labs, the testers, the techniques, etc. used by others in the process of conducting said tests.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission would have used WADA standards to conduct separate testing, but here's where Hendricks' tirade is very, very wrong: VADA uses WADA standards.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Association does their testing based on WADA standards, with accredited testers, labs, etc. Georges St-Pierre went through the very random testing Hendricks believes is legit, where he had to let them know where he was at all times to be subjected to those tests. He went through the process three separate times, and passed his tests. But the challenger wouldn't stop that from making his own veiled accusations.

"I don't care if he passes," Hendricks continued. "I don't care if he took the drug test. I want him to be the best GSP he can be. If that's on something, that's on something. If that's not, that's not. I'm not sweating. I don't care. Have you seen him in the last two months? He's shrunk a little bit, hasn't he? I don't know. I haven't seen the guy. I saw him on the press tour. The only thing I know is, when I step into the Octagon, do I still have a six-pack? Check out my pictures. I'm fat. I love it. I'm a fat dude. Nobody gains 15 pounds [of muscle]. I'm pretty shredded at 170. I have very little body fat. ... but when I step into the Octagon, I looked at a picture when I was in with [Carlos] Condit, I said 'dude, you're fat.' You can't see the bottom two abs. You don't gain 15-20 pounds and still keep that form."

"What I don't have respect for is implying that I'm on steroids when he knows nothing about me. Has anyone accused me of steroids? Has anyone accused me of being on drugs. Hell no. ... I've been clean my whole entire life, and all of a sudden, some dude who doesn't know me, he's been accused the last six years of being on something, he picks me and says I must be on something because I don't want to follow the Pony train to VADA."

Penick's Analysis: Hendricks should stop spouting off on things he clearly doesn't have a handle on, and someone should inform him what actually happens with VADA and what WADA actually does. And to make his comments about how St-Pierre's body looks while getting upset about someone making any comments about him is hypocritical on its face. The lack of knowledge from his team on this drug testing subject along with the accusations they want to throw out at St-Pierre and VADA is something that could really turn people against him the more he spouts off about it.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Right, Hendricks has no idea what he's talking about and they didn't want to do VADA b/c they had GSP up all over their website and his camp didn't trust that. Regardless, they asked for the WADA standards through the NSAC and then it was GSP's camp who had all these issues and finally Kizer just said fuck it this is retarded
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Right, Hendricks has no idea what he's talking about and they didn't want to do VADA b/c they had GSP up all over their website and his camp didn't trust that. Regardless, they asked for the WADA standards through the NSAC and then it was GSP's camp who had all these issues and finally Kizer just said fuck it this is retarded
The VADA testing Hendricks initially wanted to do, until he heard VADA respects GSP enough to promote him as a clean fighter and that GSP had offered to handle the costs for both, LAME EXCUSE for dodging the exact testing he callously demanded of GSP.  Like VADA is gonna risk the existence of their agency, the licensed physicians and labs are going to risk their professional accreditation all to screw over Hendricks? An agency whose sole principle is clean fighting is gonna cheat so a fighter can be dirty.  LOL.  NSAC would of used no standards different then those certified for use with VADA by WADA. 

I can think of no faster fall from respect then this guy.  It'll be quite the accomplishment if Hendricks ever makes me respect his character again.

GSP I say you're on steroids, I say you have to be tested, I'll agree to test too, I'll agree to do VADA with you, oh you want to handle the bill for me, no I want WADA to do the testing(WADA doesn't test), I won't use VADA because you are a sponsored as an anti doping athlete by them, I won't use VADA because WADA is stricter (doesn't even bother to understand VADA uses the guidelines established by WADA), I refuse to be tested now, I don't care if you still decided to be randomly tested and passed all of them, if when I lose, it's because you cheated.

I can't root for a guy like that, that is a lack of integrity.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:49 pm

When did Hendricks say GSP was on steroids? Georges was the one who brought the whole thing up because he wanted to be tested to hush up any whispers among people that he's using. I didn't hear Hendricks accuse him of anything until yesterday which followed GSP doing the same thing. Regardless its the same ole BS that takes place every time fighters try to go outside the commissions to do testing. Neither of these guys has ever tested positive for anything, now go fight
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:03 pm

At this point I'd prefer if White say's post fight, "No more BS, the commissions test you, you want other tests, great, you can have a 6 month buffer around your other tests and fights in this org."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:47 pm

This is just motivating GSP even more. I hope he gives Hendricks a beating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP   Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP Empty

Back to top Go down

Hendricks is already making excuses for losing to GSP
Page 1 of 1