Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II

Go down 
+3
Ninja
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II Empty
PostSubject: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Date: November 2, 2013
Venue: Long Beach Arena
Broadcast:  Spike TV

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)

Champ Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez - for lightweight title
   Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton - for interim light heavyweight title
   Champ Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus - for featherweight title
   Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs - "Fight Master" tourney final
   Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)

Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
   Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
   Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
   Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
   Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Pumped for this. Hopefully Bellator keeps their hat out of the PPV ring for a long ass time
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Curran almost seemed to stop fighting after that illegal knee. Good win for Straus
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Ya, Curran just seem to give up after that knee..was very werid.

Pitbull I think I will beat Straus...he would beat Curran if they meet again too.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Mo isn't very good
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:37 am

Scored it for Eddie. What men
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 am

I had it 48-47 Chandler. Rounds 1,3,4,5 were quite clear. 2 was the only close round.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:01 am

If we fought 200 times , I win 198
-king mo
Lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 am

For Bellator this event was disaster. Outside of the Tito/Rampage nonsense, their two biggest champions Chandler/Curran lost. King Mo who they desperately wanted to be their champion lost.

Their left with Straus who doesn't really have a fan friendly style, and probably won't show longevity keeping the belt.

And Eddie who is jumping ship to the UFC, after his third fight with Chandler.

Bellator has to pray to the MMA Gods that Chandler could win the third fight or they will look like bigger fools than they already are.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:49 am

Your absolutely right ninja
Rebney had a rough night tonight
Still pretty shocked curran lost
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 am

Chandler won that shit. Great fight but do not agree with the decision. I'll take him in the third fight.

Mo is disappointing.

Curran completely shut off and the fight wasnt close enough to warrant a rematch. I think he's better than Straus but he'll have to climb up the ladder again. Straus is cool but i hope Frodo beats him.

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am

i thought chandler should've won as well.

mo is always disappointing, there's never been a good reason to watch him unless what college he wrestled at influences you and even that isn't a good enough reason. dull as shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

I had Chandler winning 48-47.
Back to top Go down
bronzehole
White Belt
White Belt
bronzehole

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:47 pm

i think eddie won this fight just based on chandler looking like jds after 5 rounds with cain. As he should
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:50 pm

bronzehole wrote:
i think eddie won this fight just based on chandler looking like jds after 5 rounds with cain. As he should
I love this method of deciding a fight. Why even score the rounds? Fuck it! Just have some dork doctor who never fought a day in his life come out and count the lacerations. Who ever has the most cuts loses. Fedor would have never won a fight in his career.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 pm

That main event saved the show last night. Was glad to see Eddie win and stick it to Bellator. I thought Chandler was really sloppy and his takedowns weren't enough to overcome the fact that he was getting cleanly outstruck the first 3 rounds. 4th and 5th were really something, thought for sure Alvarez had that RNC on the 2nd attempt in the 5th.

Mo-Newton was just terrible. Newton wins 4-1 and he didn't even look good, says it all. To me, Mo has crap cardio, a questionable chin and a really inflated sense of how good he is. This dude is nothing when it comes to fighting actual good fighters. Maybe that staph infection took something out of him. If Newton would've brought real offense instead of throwing aimless spinning back kicks for 4 rounds he could've gotten him out of there without question. Mo was finished in the 2nd round. Reminded me of the fat ass that was cornering him

Not sure what to say about Curran-Straus. Looked like it was gonna heat up for a good tactical battle, Curran was tagging him with hard shots in that 2nd round. Then comes the illegal knee and it almost looked like he just quit. Strange, lifeless performance after that but kudos to Straus for not giving a shit and coming forward and just taking that title. Fight with him and Frodo should be real interesting
Back to top Go down
bronzehole
White Belt
White Belt
bronzehole

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Ninja wrote:
bronzehole wrote:
I love this method of deciding a fight. Why even score the rounds? Fuck it! Just have some dork doctor who never fought a day in his life come out and count the lacerations. Who ever has the most cuts loses. Fedor would have never won a fight in his career.

oh, so that really was JDS that i saw with the face swollen shut like he had eaten clean shots on every inch of his face all night long?

your right, the guy who resorted to the gsp strategy and barely did damage should have got the win.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:27 pm

lol at comparing anything Chandler did in that fight last night to GSP
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Good event. Thought Eddie won the fight 2, 3 and 5. Great fight, a real FotY candidate. What a setup for a third fight, could be the best trilogy in the history of MMA. Newton beat Mo, barely I thought, and made LHW in BFC a lot more interesting for MMA fans who watch Bellator. His style is confusing and frustrating to stand with and he showed some good take down defense. Newton is beter then I gave him credit for. Straus is better then I gave him credit for as well, his fight with Curran was good, a tough battle. 145 is no joke, tough to win in at that weight. Glad Diesel got the win and payday. Real good card, FW, LW, and LHW titles all changed hands in close competitive fights, says a lot about their depth and the talent that is built with their prospects through the tournaments.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II   Bellator 106: Chandler vs Alvarez II Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1