[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale Empty
PostSubject: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Reported on UFC Tonight

Not much of a reason to think it will be different than the first

Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 am

I agree if anything Mouse will win by a larger margin. But the fight still makes sense.

Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Let's not act like the first fight wasn't super close or that people didn't score it for both Benavidez and Johnson all over the place. It was a toss up split decision. I thought MM won the first fight 48-47, but Benavidez looked better overall, he just couldn't put enough together in the rounds he lost. I think I'm going Benavidez this time, he's been more impressive since then and I can see him finishing Johnson with strikes. I just hope it is more entertaining then their last fight.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?

Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARJohnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:13 pm

I thought it was competitive but I thought Mouse clearly won the 1st fight. I think Mouse is better in all areas.

Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:15 pm

I feel the opposite. MM is faster but worse at everything. He looks busy with his activity and speed and it scores well with the judges.

Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARJohnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:35 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I feel the opposite.  MM is faster but worse at everything.  He looks busy with his activity and speed and it scores well with the judges.
Mouse is much faster and a much better athlete. I think he is better in scrambles and better with getting in an getting out. I think he just outworks him like he does everyone.

Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:05 pm

The outwork thing is a definite and likely possibility and it does count for a lot, especially in the type of fight they previously had.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The outwork thing is a definite and likely possibility and it does count for a lot, especially in the type of fight they previously had.
Yeah I have a very hard time seeing either guy finishing the other.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I didn't think the first fight was particularly close and I was rooting hard for Joe. MM has improved a lot since then at actually have effective offense. Joe just loads up too much on power shots and he doesn't have the handspeed to make it happen

Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:51 pm

that how happening that division is...they have no choice but to recycle an incredibly boring fight after just a couple of fights.

PostSubject: Re: Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale   Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnson-Benavidez rematch set for TUF Finale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Fight Discussion :: MMA-
Jump to: