Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NFL Playoff Predictions?

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
OU
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Does Trent Richardson to Colts change your minds at all?
Which moron runs the Browns?
No clue, but they got a 1st round pick for next season and he has had some problems staying healthy. But I think he is very good when he is healthy. Alot of potential. I like him a lot more then the other recent Alabama RBs.
Mike Lombardi the same guy that got rid of Bernie Kosar when he didn't need to.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 am

freakzilla wrote:
I'm a big fan. Cleveland wont get a better player with the pick. How can they say they traded him to rebuild? He's in his 2nd year ffs. Also he showed a lot of heart last season playing injured.
They are just fooling the fans like they always do. They are just saving money knowing how stupid Cleveland fans are cause they will still sell out games and buy merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Great decision for the Colts. They needed someone who could add another dimension to the offense and Donald Brown isn't it. I don't see the Colts having a great draft rank come april anyway. I'd put them somewhere around 22nd overall pick to be honest.

My playoff predictions:

NFC:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. San Francisco 49ers
6. New York Giants

AFC:
1. Denver Broncos
2. Houston Texans
3. Cinncinatti Bengals
4. New England Patriots
5. Indianapolis Colts
6. Kansas City Cheifs
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:33 am

freakzilla wrote:
I'm a big fan. Cleveland wont get a better player with the pick. How can they say they traded him to rebuild? He's in his 2nd year ffs. Also he showed a lot of heart last season playing injured.
the browns are tanking for bridgewater, blatantly, after 2 weeks of the season.

the trade should be good for both teams, richardson isn't good enough to carry a team, but he is good enough to give the colts balance on offense, he should be good value for a mid-late 1st round pick. meanwhile, the browns own first round pick will be the 1st or 2nd in the draft and the colts pick should give them another starter.

in saying all this, it's extremely wrong for teams to turn up for games with no intention of winning imo and the browns ought to be stripped of their first rounder for this just as the colts should've when they deliberately tanked the season 2 years ago for luck. it damages the integrity of the competition and places anyone not fortunate enough to have the browns on their schedule at a disadvantage. someone will miss out on a playoff spot because someone else had a walkover against cleveland and that's wrong.

the NFL should prioritise things like that over fining players for touchdown celebrations because this is twice in three years a team has deliberately tanked a season for the number one pick.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am

How are you going to strip a team of a draft pick for trading a player for a 1st rounder?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
How are you going to strip a team of a draft pick for trading a player for a 1st rounder?
they stripped the redskins and cowboys of picks for breaking unwritten etiquette during the uncapped year a couple of years back and they stripped the saints of picks for the bounty scandal.

why do those things bring the game into disrepute any more than the colts releasing the competent back up QB they had on their roster a couple of days before the season in 2011, just in case they won more than one game with him and cleveland trading their only offensive threat 2 games into the season?

the browns fully intend to lose at least 15 games this year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:06 am

It has to be clear evidence for something like that to happen. If the Browns think a first rounder is worth more to them then Trent Richardson they shouldn't be obligated to keep him just because their offense sucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
It has to be clear evidence for something like that to happen. If the Browns think a first rounder is worth more to them then Trent Richardson they shouldn't be obligated to keep him just because their offense sucks
I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:02 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
maybe so, but matchfixing is a criminal offence and that is essentially what the colts did and what the browns are doing now. the message is also being sent that it's ok to do this in future so next time there's a good QB prospect due to come out of college, we'll undoubtedly see the same shit again.

when a team chooses to tank, they affect betting spreads and distort the final standings..... not to mention taking a premeditated shit on their own long suffering fans.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 am

I really don't think this trade will effect Cleveland's win total too much, maybe not even effect it at all. They weren't going to win very many games this year anyways. They aren't guaranteed the 1st pick anyways there are other teams out there that are just bad. Jacksonville for one. Willis McGahee if he can stay healthy should be a serviceable replacement for Richardson.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:49 am

cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
maybe so, but matchfixing is a criminal offence and that is essentially what the colts did and what the browns are doing now. the message is also being sent that it's ok to do this in future so next time there's a good QB prospect due to come out of college, we'll undoubtedly see the same shit again.

when a team chooses to tank, they affect betting spreads and distort the final standings..... not to mention taking a premeditated shit on their own long suffering fans.
You're reaching hard. They think they can attain a benefit to their team by having an additional 1st round pick at the cost of a current player on their roster. Speculating the move is to deliberately lose is only that, speculation. It doesn't make things any easier for them the rest of this season potentially, but that in no way is the same as saying they are intentionally trying to lose games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:22 pm

The move is to secure a QB, not necessarily the #1 and Bridgewater. But they want a crack at Teddy, Murray or one of the QBs coming out next season and getting a 1st rounder helps. They can give full effort and still not win very many games. With or without Richardson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:34 pm

So OU, are Miami making the playoffs?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 am

freakzilla wrote:
the team has definitely turned a corner in terms of a winning mentality. the players are now making the key play at the key moment and finishing games strong, the coaches have done an excellent job in that regard.

i think we'll win the division as long as tannehill can stay out of the hospital. he's getting sacked far too often to stay healthy for a full season at the moment though, but if the OL can improve it's on.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am

freakzilla wrote:
You still picking the Giants?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Colts rebounded nicely and Tennessee picked up a good win yesterday, the two teams with the other best shot at getting a wild card IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:40 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I never proclaimed that they would make the playoffs 100% and accused others of being totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:48 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I never proclaimed that they would make the playoffs 100% and accused others of being totally wrong.
I still don't think Miami makes the playoffs. Do you still think the Giants make the playoffs? I still think the Giants could finish last in NFC East like I said I thought they would. Eagles and Redskins will improve as the season goes on, Cowboys are just better then the Giants this year.

Miami will get run down still IMO. They are playing well but I don't see it holding on. They are improved but I don't think they can last. I think even though they beat the Colts, the Colts are better and will have a better record. I'm still higher on Baltimore then most and think they finish over Miami as well. I even think as bad as Houston looked they are still going to pull it together. I'm not even convinced Miami will be the last team to miss the playoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Giants will finish 2nd in their division. Eagles wont win more than 5 games.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I don't agree with either. Giants just aren't very good this year IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:12 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Neither are the Eagles or Washington.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Neither are the Eagles or Washington.
I think they have more talent then the Giants do this season. I expect both those teams to be tougher at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Updated.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm

OU wrote:
I don't think Giants will win the NFC East. I'd probably still lean Redskins but Cowboys have a shot. Giants just aren't very good this year IMO, maybe the worst in the division when it's all said and done.

49ers, Seahawks, Packers are all pretty smart picks still. I think both Saints and Falcons make it. So right now in NFC I'd go 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, Falcons, Saints then I think think it's Redskins/Cowboys. One of those two.
OU wrote:
Denver, Cincy, Houston I think are safe picks in NFC still. I still like teams like Ravens and even San Diego over teams like Miami.
AFC I think I'd go Denver, Cincy, Houston, Pats, Ravens, then either Colts or Chiefs. I don't think Miami will even sniff the playoffs though. I don't see that happening.
Outside of Falcons in NFC and Houston in AFC I still think I was pretty spot on. Might miss on the Packers because of injuries as well but I feel I was right about Miami, Ravens and Chargers when most people weren't. Looks like I will be 5 for 6 in both AFC and NFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm fine with my picks. Eagles will probably win NFC East which I didn't see but that division sucks

2nd AFC wild card coming down to a bunch of crap teams that are under .500 just as expected
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoff Predictions?   NFL Playoff Predictions? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL Playoff Predictions?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next