Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week Empty
PostSubject: Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week   Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:08 am

He played on the only other traveling soccer team in my town. Probably played against him 40 times. Went to church with him for years. A good man.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Lawton_soldier_among_five_killed_in_Afghanistan/20130506_11_lawto_62208?subj=298
Quote :
First Lt. Brandon J. Landrum, 26, of Lawton and four other soldiers died Saturday in Maiwand, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when “their vehicle was attacked by an enemy improvised explosive device,” according to the DOD.

At the Army post, he became leader of a rifle platoon in Company A, 1st Battalion, 36th Infantry Regiment, until September 2012. He then was selected to be the reconnaissance platoon leader, and in December 2012, he deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, the post reported.

His awards include the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart, the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster, the Army Good Conduct Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Iraq Campaign Medal with a Campaign Star, the Afghan Campaign Medal with a Campaign Star, the NATO Medal and the Combat Infantryman Badge.

Landrum is survived by his wife, one son and one daughter.

I think one was 3 years old and the other 6 months old. His wife also served in Afghanistan.

RIP Brandon.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week   Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:41 pm

I am sorry to hear that OU.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week   Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:11 pm

sad and sorry to hear that. Its really sad especially when you see a someone dieng in Afghanistan from an IED considering they didnt start using IEDs in Afghanistan until fter the Iraq invasion (when AQ molded their tactics)

your friend was a hero RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week   Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week Empty

Back to top Go down

Another guy I grew up with died in Afghanistan this week
Page 1 of 1