Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ESPN preseason football poll

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

ESPN preseason football poll Empty
PostSubject: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9214725&src=desktop

Hope my CARDS actually are ranked where ESPN has them. I figured we would be 8-12 preseason.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I can't hear you all the way down there OU.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm

josh200612 wrote:
I can't hear you all the way down there OU.

That just happened!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 pm

A&M should be anywhere from 2-4 IMO.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but you don't have a worthless schedule like we do. We need to win every game big and need a top five preseason ranking to have a shot at playing for a title. I doubt it will happen. I cam deal with beating the second place SEC team (a&m) in the sugar bowl.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but you don't have a worthless schedule like we do. We need to win every game big and need a top five preseason ranking to have a shot at playing for a title. I doubt it will happen. I cam deal with beating the second place SEC team (a&m) in the sugar bowl.

To be fair there was like a 5 way tie for 2nd.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

To be fair there was like a 5 way tie for 2nd.

Yeah I hear ya, but only 1 of those 5 get in normally. I see you guy's finishing second this year in the SEC and there's a good chance we might play at the end of the year. I ain't scared.....are you?

You bring on Johnny Foozeball! (In my best Waterboy mom voice)
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 pm

here i was expecting football rankings...instead i got pee wee.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
here i was expecting football rankings...instead i got pee wee.

It must suck not knowing what's going on when the Draft comes up.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:45 am

Did you goto college kings?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Yeah, i did...but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Farmer, I don't remember most of it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 pm

CSU Humboldt FTduouble
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Yeah, i did...but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Farmer, I don't remember most of it.

Let me try again. Did you happen to attend a university with a large student base with a BCS football team?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Let me try again. Did you happen to attend a university with a large student base with a BCS football team?

Yes, i did with a decent sized student base...except no BCS football or any respectable sports programs. Even if it did, i doubt i would have gotten much into it.

Im not much for school shit outside of the actual schooling and obviously a lot of that plays into this. We had a pretty good high school football team where i come from..two of our guys are even in the NFL, but never gave a shit then either.

I do understand the love from alumnis for a good football program but they make up a very very very low percentage of college football fans in the big picture. Those hardcore fans who never even went to college, let alone have a BCS team to really have a reason to get behind. Atleast a pro team represents a city or region.

I went to an Alabama home opener in 2008 or 2009 with one of my best friends who went to Alabama specifically because he grew up loving their football program for some reason. I visited the campus for a few days. It was an experience. It was a good time....it was a better atmosphere than any NFL game. I don't deny that..but the football wasnt much to write home about. Thats all im saying.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:59 pm

I guess its just different if you aren't into your school. I grew up a hardcore Rockets & 'stro fan (I didn't get into football until later) and they don't compare when it comes to an A&M game. Its just that feeling you get at sporting events that make them awesome is just amplified. Its like every game at A&M is on par with a playoff game for the Texans & Rockets. I can't imagine how great it would be if A&M played for a real championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN preseason football poll   ESPN preseason football poll Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN preseason football poll
Page 1 of 1