Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mr Wonderful...accused of domestic violence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Mr Wonderful...accused of domestic violence Empty
PostSubject: Mr Wonderful...accused of domestic violence   Mr Wonderful...accused of domestic violence EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Insert “Mr. Not-So-Wonderful” Pun Here: Phil Davis Accused of Domestic Violence, Custody Battle Set for May 7th

(Damn, a Penn State alum *and* a blue belt under Lloyd Irvin? This is not looking good, Phil…)

I’m no The Mentalist (although I often get confused for him on the street. YOU DON’T KNOW.), but I always saw light heavyweight contender Phil Davis as a kind of introverted, dare I say “nerdy” guy who happens to be a freakishly gifted athlete. Despite the fact that he, you know, chokes dudes unconscious for a living, “Mr. Wonderful” always came off (to me, at least) as a guy who was ultimately harmless when he wasn’t locked in a cage with a dude trying to beat him within an inch of his life.

Well once again, it appears that I don’t know shit about shit. Just one day out from his UFC 159 battle with Vinny Magalhaes, Davis not only finds himself in the middle of a custody battle over his child, but refuting allegations of “crazy brutality, including violent sex” that said child’s mother believes stemmed from his martial arts career. TMZ reports:

According to legal docs — obtained by TMZ — Vantris Patterson claims Davis body slammed her on a couch with such force … when the couch slid into the wall paint came off. And Patterson says, Davis — aka Mr. Wonderful — would often choke her during intercourse, and when she’d plead with him to stop he’d respond, “Shut the f*** up, bitch.” She says Davis has threatened to kill her numerous times if she ever slept with another man.

Now here’s the hook — Patterson claims Davis’ alleged propensity for violence has escalated because of his involvement in the UFC. She says, “I am afraid that the numerous fights have negatively impacted his mental stability,” and she can’t defend herself because of his “increased strength and attacking ability.”

And if you think that’s crazy, just wait until you hear the allegations Davis lobbed back at Patterson in response…

Davis makes his own claims … that Patterson is the violent one who put a pic of a Glock up on Facebook and wrote, “… His day will come.” He also says she texted him, “I can’t wait until the day you die so I can spit in ur face [painful and slow].”

It would be pretty obvious to start making comparisons between Davis and Brett Rogers here, but it should be noted that Davis hasn’t actually been charged with anything as of this write up. What could potentially play a factor in these “violent sex” allegations, however, is the fact that Davis is a blue belt under Lloyd Irvin. Yes, that Lloyd Irvin.

We’re not saying this tenuous connection proves Davis’ guilt in the matter, but at the same time, the influential ability of a coach is not something that should be taken lightly (ask anyone’s who ever played football under Mike Ditka) and given all the allegations being aimed at Irvin and his students in recent months, it’s a connection that will most surely come to surface in the couple’s custody battle on May 7th in San Diego. God damn it, did I just unintentionally provide the Culinary Union with another article to pull out-of-context quotes from? My bad, you guys.

As for how this will possibly affect Davis’ performance against Magalhaes tomorrow, well, I’ve already been pretty clear on that.

We will keep you updated on this story as it develops.

http://www.cagepotato.com/insert-mr-not-so-wonderful-pun-here-phil-davis-accused-of-domestic-violence-custody-battle-set-for-may-7th/

Back to top Go down

Mr Wonderful...accused of domestic violence
Page 1 of 1