Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 am

Easter HeIsRisen
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:15 am

Wasn't he supposed to have spent 3 days and 3 nights in the earth? Friday afternoon to Sunday morning doesn't add up to 3 nights and 3 days to me. scratch
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 am

Fri, sat, sun. 3 days.

He wasn't in the earth though.
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Fri, sat, sun. 3 days.

That isn't 3 days and 3 nights. 3 days and 3 nights would mean he got resurrected Monday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm

nothing says easter like deviled eggs and mudbugs
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:40 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Fri, sat, sun. 3 days.

That isn't 3 days and 3 nights. 3 days and 3 nights would mean he got resurrected Monday afternoon.

There is debate on what exact days and how to interpret the different verses. That said Jesus appeared 11 times after resurrection in a crowd as large as several hundred. There drastic turnaround of James and the disciples are as clear as day that he came back.
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Fri, sat, sun. 3 days.

There is debate on what exact days and how to interpret the different verses. That said Jesus appeared 11 times after resurrection in a crowd as large as several hundred. There drastic turnaround of James and the disciples are as clear as day that he came back.

There is only debate because of the contradictions.

Mat 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the great fish's belly:
so shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth. (Jon 1:17) .

Mat 27:63 Saying, lord, we remember that that deceiver said, while He was yet alive,
After three days I will rise again.

Mar 8:31 And He began to teach them, that the Son of Man must suffer many things,
and be rejected by the elders, and the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed,
and after three days rise again.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Fri, sat, sun. 3 days.

There is only debate because of the contradictions.

Mat 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the great fish's belly:
so shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth. (Jon 1:17) .

Mat 27:63 Saying, lord, we remember that that deceiver said, while He was yet alive,
After three days I will rise again.
Mar 8:31 And He began to teach them, that the Son of Man must suffer many things,
and be rejected by the elders, and the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed,
and after three days rise again.
The debate is over if he surfing Good Friday or before. It was the day before sabboth but that does have to mean Saturday.
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Stop talking in ifs and buts. He was crucified (allegedly) from 9am-3pm on Friday. 3pm Friday would mean he was resurrected 3pm Monday not Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Stop talking in ifs and buts. He was crucified (allegedly) from 9am-3pm on Friday. 3pm Friday would mean he was resurrected 3pm Monday not Sunday morning.

What part if not killed on Friday do you not understand?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Did you know Christ wasn't likely born in Dec either?
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

But the whole Christian faith is based on it happening on friday.
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Did you know Christ wasn't likely born in Dec either?

He wasn't born in december.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

But the whole Christian faith is based on it happening on friday.

So the whole faith is based in it happening Friday, not Thursday? Really?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:51 pm

What about it being based around Jesus, gods son, coming to earth, teachings us, dying for mans sins, then coming back to life?
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:27 am

If you can't even get a simple thing as the 3 days and 3 nights thing right then how are people supposed to believe the other more outrageous things?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 pm

freakzilla wrote:
If you can't even get a simple thing as the 3 days and 3 nights thing right then how are people supposed to believe the other more outrageous things?

The date its celebrated has little to do with happened.

Now Mr. Jesus didn't killed and it was Judas. Who do you believe killed himself outside of the city that looked like Judas? How do you explain the appearances of Jesus after Judas died as him? Do you believe Jesus lied when he said he was the son of god?
Back to top Go down

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Jesus never said he was the son of God.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 pm

You're kidding right?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:33 pm

John 14
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter   Easter Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter
Page 1 of 1