[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?

Go down 

Win the NIT Tourney
Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Vote_lcap50%Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney
Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Vote_lcap50%Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Empty
PostSubject: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Be it you as a player or the team you root for.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?

Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARWould you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 pm

For my program I would feel better about next season after winning the NIT.

Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:24 pm

It's just a waste of time losing in the first round.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Losing in the first round. Every other tourney is a waste of time

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

I'd rather lose in the first round than be the best team not to make the tournament.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:48 pm

I always felt like winning the NIT was the best way to flat say, "NCAA Selection Committee, you got it wrong."

Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARWould you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I always felt like winning the NIT was the best way to flat say, "NCAA Selection Committee, you got it wrong."

So do you think whoever wins this years NIT would beat every team that loses in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Wouldn't be a surprise to me at all. Any team capable of facing and beating 5 increasingly more talented teams would have to be a team with some good things happening, not elite, but no doubt capable of playing quality games.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

So do you think whoever wins this years NIT would beat every team that loses in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?

I think it's obvious that every year there are teams in the NIT that are better then teams in the NCAA tourney. Plenty of auto qualifiers would get put out in the 1st round of the NIT. These aren't the best 68 teams in 1 tourney, that's not how the field is selected.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Sucks to me lil brother UK right now. Even this thread smacks their face.

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 pm

It's always NCAA. If you say otherwise then you shouldn't be following basketball.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Current national totals

Win the NIT 63.5% (1,752 votes)

Lose in first round of NCAA Tournament 36.5% (1,007 votes)

Total Votes: 2,759

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Getting selected to the NCAA tournament and taking it dry in the first round is far more rewarding. Atleast if they get their shit pushed in real good people might remember the ass whooping, or who knows, maybe they give a good team a good game rather than running through proven mediocrity. Nobody remembers the NIT. I can name the NCAA tournament winners off the top of my head, even most teams that made the elite 8 for the past 15 years and i'm not much of a collegiate sports fan. I can't match one NIT winner with any one season because it's a complete waste of time. Those kids should be studying once their season is over..not playing in the non-hackers tournament.

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney?   Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: