[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 What do you want your government to do?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:01 pm

"government should do for people only what they cannot do better by themselves, and no more.”

Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis
Posts : 3139
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Austin

What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm

oggy420 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
So a bomb with poison gas, enough to kill everyone within a half of a mile isn't a wmb? Guess I was wrong then. I just thought something like that would be a wmd.

Everything you just said about Israel shows how much hatred you have for us americans though. It's a real shame. You called me stupid earlier in this thread but you want to show mercy for our common enemy over there. That's cool man. Innocent people die every day but the countries and people Israel have to deal with want them and us dead! America never picked this fight. I fully support what my government does whether it's a democratic or republican in office. Iran is a problem period! If not, go ahead and move over there and tell them how much Israel and our government is wrong. See how far that gets you.

Just for the record, i agree with you more than bird before i even commented. You both had holes filled with what the news has spewed and I wanted to point it out.

Full support no matter what they do?

you act like that isn't your duty as an American? Don't you know that if you question government on anything you are an unpatriotic piece of shit who hates America? If you don't love every aspect of this country then you can get out! (In redneck voice)

what does having a "redneck" voice have anything to do with your sarcastic post? Having a southern accent does not equate to being uneducated, ignorant, or right wing.. I live in Texas and I am an avid 3rd party supporter, and have plenty of friends who are right wing, left wing, etc.. who I am sure if you heard there accent I guess you would call them a "redneck" .. you are trying to tell me there isn't a new yorker that has that mentality? come on..

Second:

Doing research, finding answers for yourself, hearing all theories, questioning your government, and forming your OWN opinion is all something that I strongly support. However in doing so, that still does not make you right in any way or somehow smarter than someone else.. Everybody (JUST LIKE YOU) can pick and choose the information they want to believe.. just like you discredit what the "mainstream" media is reporting others discredit conspiracy theories.. stop calling people ignorant or dumb because somebody believes in something other than you do.. because if you honestly think you are %100 correct on matters like this, you are dumb.

1st off I never called anyone dumb or ignorant. Just for posting my opinion on this site I have been called everything from a tin-foil hat wearing crack pot to an idiot who hates my country, just for posting my opinion on certain topics. The redncek thing was a joke, so lighten up. I have nothing against people from texas or the south.

Also, I have never claimed I am smarter than anyone, just that other people are close minded and do not do research, find answers for themselves, question government, etc. I have never said that all conspiracies are true, I have debunked plenty of them. But most people are terrified of the stigma attached to the conspiracy theory label, and use that as ammo to attack anyone who questions anything or even talks about real admitted government conspiracies. I never said I was 100% correct on anything, never really even gave an opinion on the boston attack, rather said we should wait for more facts. Than Ninja posted something and everyone felt the need to turn the thread into attacking anyone who believes in conspiracies, I appreciate the insult though.

I had a long response that I just erased after re reading it (put too much emotion in it) not worth arguing. However, I wasn't just refering to the boston thread.

And where did I insult you? its not like I called you close minded or apathetic or anything right? I said stop calling people ignorant and dumb, and you said that you didn't .. I said if you think you are 100% on matters "like this" you are dumb and you said that you don't

_________________
What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-20908-1363185894-4
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
So a bomb with poison gas, enough to kill everyone within a half of a mile isn't a wmb? Guess I was wrong then. I just thought something like that would be a wmd.

Everything you just said about Israel shows how much hatred you have for us americans though. It's a real shame. You called me stupid earlier in this thread but you want to show mercy for our common enemy over there. That's cool man. Innocent people die every day but the countries and people Israel have to deal with want them and us dead! America never picked this fight. I fully support what my government does whether it's a democratic or republican in office. Iran is a problem period! If not, go ahead and move over there and tell them how much Israel and our government is wrong. See how far that gets you.

Just for the record, i agree with you more than bird before i even commented. You both had holes filled with what the news has spewed and I wanted to point it out.

Full support no matter what they do?

you act like that isn't your duty as an American? Don't you know that if you question government on anything you are an unpatriotic piece of shit who hates America? If you don't love every aspect of this country then you can get out! (In redneck voice)

what does having a "redneck" voice have anything to do with your sarcastic post? Having a southern accent does not equate to being uneducated, ignorant, or right wing.. I live in Texas and I am an avid 3rd party supporter, and have plenty of friends who are right wing, left wing, etc.. who I am sure if you heard there accent I guess you would call them a "redneck" .. you are trying to tell me there isn't a new yorker that has that mentality? come on..

Second:

Doing research, finding answers for yourself, hearing all theories, questioning your government, and forming your OWN opinion is all something that I strongly support. However in doing so, that still does not make you right in any way or somehow smarter than someone else.. Everybody (JUST LIKE YOU) can pick and choose the information they want to believe.. just like you discredit what the "mainstream" media is reporting others discredit conspiracy theories.. stop calling people ignorant or dumb because somebody believes in something other than you do.. because if you honestly think you are %100 correct on matters like this, you are dumb.

1st off I never called anyone dumb or ignorant. Just for posting my opinion on this site I have been called everything from a tin-foil hat wearing crack pot to an idiot who hates my country, just for posting my opinion on certain topics. The redncek thing was a joke, so lighten up. I have nothing against people from texas or the south.

Also, I have never claimed I am smarter than anyone, just that other people are close minded and do not do research, find answers for themselves, question government, etc. I have never said that all conspiracies are true, I have debunked plenty of them. But most people are terrified of the stigma attached to the conspiracy theory label, and use that as ammo to attack anyone who questions anything or even talks about real admitted government conspiracies. I never said I was 100% correct on anything, never really even gave an opinion on the boston attack, rather said we should wait for more facts. Than Ninja posted something and everyone felt the need to turn the thread into attacking anyone who believes in conspiracies, I appreciate the insult though.

I had a long response that I just erased after re reading it (put too much emotion in it) not worth arguing. However, I wasn't just refering to the boston thread.

And where did I insult you? its not like I called you close minded or apathetic or anything right? I said stop calling people ignorant and dumb, and you said that you didn't .. I said if you think you are 100% on matters "like this" you are dumb and you said that you don't

I don't call people apathetic as an insult. I said that I used to be apathetic, and that it was a bad way to live my life. OU has made it clear he doesn't care about politics, thinks it's all bull shit, and wants no part of a debate on it. How is that an insult to him? If anyone should be offended it might be the person who people call annoying, insane, an idiot, a crack pot, all of which I have been called. Whenever I defend myself everyone on here likes to paint me as the bad guy, like im going around and starting shit or something, just because I posted an opinion people don't agree with.

The point is you didn't have to insult me at all. I haven't insulted you, have I? I never said if you believe this or believe that than you are dumb. All I did in the boston thread was back up Ninja who posted an article. Then people started jumping on him for the source of the article, starting conspiracy bashing, so I chimed in pointing out real, legitimate, admitted conspiracies. I even posted a video of mainstream news to back up my point. I was never insensitive to anyone. I was then called insane for my beliefs.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis
Posts : 3139
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Austin

What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Quote :
I don't call people apathetic as an insult. I said that I used to be apathetic, and that it was a bad way to live my life. OU has made it clear he doesn't care about politics, thinks it's all bull shit, and wants no part of a debate on it. How is that an insult to him? If anyone should be offended it might be the person who people call annoying, insane, an idiot, a crack pot, all of which I have been called. Whenever I defend myself everyone on here likes to paint me as the bad guy, like im going around and starting shit or something, just because I posted an opinion people don't agree with..

Never have I called you any of those names. In fact I applaud you for your passion in seeking answers (which I have already stated). I was unaware of you and OUs past discussion of politics:

- I don't think 911 was an inside job
- hey, I use to be apathetic to politics too.

is what I saw

Quote :
The point is you didn't have to insult me at all.

Again, I don't feel like I insulted you at all in my first comment.

In summery:
. I support researching and finding answers
. Though in doing so doesn't make you right or better than those who didn't
. Everyone can choose not to believe in evidence they don't want to.
. Dont call people ignorant or dumb for disagreeing with you because if you think you are 100% right you are dumb (<- i did what i said not to do)
- and you said you do not think that and that you never have called anyone that.. so than that shouldn't have offended you.

Quote :
I haven't insulted you, have I? I never said if you believe this or believe that than you are dumb.

Can't say for sure, we have known each other for a long time. I would guess no. Though you weren't to happy with me when I locked the racist religious thread.

Quote :
All I did in the boston thread was back up Ninja who posted an article. Then people started jumping on him for the source of the article, starting conspiracy bashing, so I chimed in pointing out real, legitimate, admitted conspiracies. I even posted a video of mainstream news to back up my point. I was never insensitive to anyone. I was then called insane for my beliefs.

You have to understand that when taking the approach of "I dont have to prove im right, I just have to prove that you are wrong" approach makes people assume that you are on the side you are arguing against. So maybe you didn't actually put a stance on what you think, but you are arguing with people saying the government "could" have done this, and the assumption would be made that this is what you believe.

_________________
What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-20908-1363185894-4
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER
Posts : 3648
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Norman oklahoma

What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm

more golbez in politics section please




_________________
GOR GOAT
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis
Posts : 10925
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 43
Location : Kentuckiana

What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Just to be clear....I don't talk like a redneck either. Just wanted to put that out there, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
What do you want your government to do?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: