Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playstation 4

Go down 
+3
OU
Ali
killerofchicken
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Playstation 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 pm

That's what I thought nothing but more obnoxious 9-year old dribble. Globez didn't answer my simple question aimed his way either.

Also, do you even know what xenophobia means lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:33 pm

I just pre-ordered the PS4 with Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 and it only came to £453.

If I did the same with the Xbone it would be £533...............

The difference is when I am done with the two PS4 games I could trade them in at my local supermarket and get money back, when you're a student who relies on a loan that's a big deal breaker for me and a lot of other students out there who love to game.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 pm

The PS4 also doesn't require kinect and their version isn't even in the console bundle.

Playstation 4 - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_ewgFHVVJgMAyBNL8MZCJxLsBaIbX1ufJXPaPZ5PL7mpSCNVK
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Quote :
"We're going to kill Sony at E3″ - Craig Davidson, Microsoft Director of Global Marketing

Playstation 4 - Page 3 Eraser
Playstation 4 - Page 3 NOf4deG
Playstation 4 - Page 3 Microsoft-sony-announce
Playstation 4 - Page 3 Ps4-beatdown
Playstation 4 - Page 3 Used-games
Playstation 4 - Page 3 Sony-microsoft-e3-gif
Playstation 4 - Page 3 Whitehawk
Playstation 4 - Page 3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-801-1370961242-15
Playstation 4 - Page 3 F29

Last edited by Ali* on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm

It keeps getting better the PS4 isn't region locked. Guess which other console is.....

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/playstation-4-is-region-free

Playstation 4 - Page 3 409149_303635496348836_519596036_n

Last edited by Ali* on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:15 pm

More good news.

Quote :
we've now learned that that the system's 500GB hard drive can be removed and upgraded. Sony Worldwide Studio Head, Shuhei Yoshida, confirmed the news via Twitter early this morning. The move gives the PS4 yet another advantage over the Xbox One, which makes the hard drive inaccessible to consumers.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-playstation-4-hard-drive-is-removable-upgradable
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Ali* wrote:
The facts are out there and for whatever reason you've choosen to ignore them, I don't know if it's xenophobia or sheer delusion.

lol!
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Globez didn't answer my simple question aimed his way either.

globez?

umm okay .. I suppose I will than.. even though you didnt really respond to anything/everything Ali has said either .. but if it makes you feel better I will respond to only what you said and nothing else..

GDPofDRC wrote:
Last time I lost internet for longer then 24 hours in any of my last 7 homes in 4 cities in probably 10 or more years was never. Last time the internet went out when the power was also not out during that same time was never. Last time I didn't log in, even when playing single player, to live for gaming was, I don't even know. I don't care about always online, it's a good thing so I don't have to run patches and updates when I'd rather be gaming. Or for example, yesterday I confirmed getting Fable III for free on my PC at work, but still had to go home and DL it for a hour instead of having it fire up when I clicked 'confirm'. Thankfully innovation will make such a scenario a thing of the past.

Okay, so that first half is your own personal experience.. why in the world is that relevant that your internet has not been out longer than 24 hours in 7 years.. I don't know what to say to that.. good job i guess?

I do know that I (not sure about everyone else) use my ps3 for a bunch of reasons other than games. Which gives me reasons that I don't need/ want to be online.. not sure about anyone else but when I am watching a movie nothing bothers me more than seeing which of my friends sign on and off .. or game requests.

I am sure that you can remove the above features in some way.. either way this whole debate is stupid.. Because you are clearly okay with being online always, and I am not.. this removes the option of choice.. nobody should be okay with being forced to do something, on either side.. its just selfish if not.

GDPofDRC wrote:
Last time I received or gave a game away to someone, never. Last time I rented a video game, PS1. Total $ recieved back from gamestop on trade-ins, probably less then 10% return, in other words, I don't care. It's on the publishers anyways, that was announced earlier this week, game publishers decide the trading market.

yet again this is your own personal experience only .. I am a Gamefly member and rent constantly.. I save a boat load on it too. I can not afford $60 for every single game i want to play that comes out.. it only takes me 2 months to get into the Green on how much I would spend on video games without Gamefly.. if the games has great replay value or online mode I buy it (used most likely).. so again, I am glad that you are so well off that this doesn't matter to you .. seems selfish to not think this is an issue

oh and you don't have to sell to Gamestop.. you can make more money selling elsewhere.

GDPofDRC wrote:
It's about buying entertainment, if they have something I want, I'll get it. Until someone points out an actual barrier to achieving that end, this is all fluffed up drama I ain't worried about. What feasible barrier is their that will prevent me from doing what I intend to do in buying either machine?

not sure what I am suppose to be responding too here.. But I will say that if all the negatives that has been brought up seriously have ZERO effect on you than by all means spend $100 extra on this machine.. it just seems stubborn at this point

either way you should be thanking Sony.. because this is going to change their views on things to be able to compete ... which probably includes the price

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Globez didn't answer my simple question aimed his way either.

Quote :
globez?

umm okay .. I suppose I will than.. even though you didnt really respond to anything/everything Ali has said either .. but if it makes you feel better I will respond to only what you said and nothing else..

GolbeZ

GDPofDRC wrote:
Last time I lost internet for longer then 24 hours in any of my last 7 homes in 4 cities in probably 10 or more years was never. Last time the internet went out when the power was also not out during that same time was never. Last time I didn't log in, even when playing single player, to live for gaming was, I don't even know. I don't care about always online, it's a good thing so I don't have to run patches and updates when I'd rather be gaming. Or for example, yesterday I confirmed getting Fable III for free on my PC at work, but still had to go home and DL it for a hour instead of having it fire up when I clicked 'confirm'. Thankfully innovation will make such a scenario a thing of the past.

Quote :
Okay, so that first half is your own personal experience.. why in the world is that relevant that your internet has not been out longer than 24 hours in 7 years..  I don't know what to say to that.. good job i guess?

It's relevant because so many are leaning on always being online like it is some damning feature that prevents intended function.  I'm not deterred by it because I don't look at it like that at all, a reason for me to do so has not existed as I've pointed out and I don't have a strong enough reason to plan like it's a given reality that there will be no internet in the future.

Quote :
I do know that I (not sure about everyone else) use my ps3 for a bunch of reasons other than games. Which gives me reasons that I don't need/ want to be online.. not sure about anyone else but when I am watching a movie nothing bothers me more than seeing which of my friends sign on and off .. or game requests.

Not a problem because that function is turned off in notification settings.  If someone is annoyed by all the logging in, it's their own decision to be annoying themselves by doing nothing about it.

Quote :
I am sure that you can remove the above features in some way.. either way this whole debate is stupid.. Because you are clearly okay with being online always, and I am not.. this removes the option of choice.. nobody should be okay with being forced to do something, on either side.. its just selfish if not.

As I've mentioned, I already, by choice, log in every time I do any activity on either my PS3 or Xbox 360.  Not a big deal to me at all, can't think of a reason why it would be.

GDPofDRC wrote:
Last time I received or gave a game away to someone, never. Last time I rented a video game, PS1. Total $ received back from gamestop on trade-ins, probably less then 10% return, in other words, I don't care. It's on the publishers anyways, that was announced earlier this week, game publishers decide the trading market.

Quote :
yet again this is your own personal experience only .. I am a Gamefly member and rent constantly.. I save a boat load on it too. I can not afford $60 for every single game i want to play that comes out.. it only takes me 2 months to get into the Green on how much I would spend on video games without Gamefly.. if the games has great replay value or online mode I buy it (used most likely).. so again, I am glad that you are so well off that this doesn't matter to you .. seems selfish to not think this is an issue

oh and you don't have to sell to Gamestop.. you can make more money selling elsewhere.
Who's personal experience should I be making my decision based on if not my self?  

I'm selfish because my decisions are not based on your preference, is that what you are trying to say?  My budget is meticulous and it works just fine for me, I don't need to adjust anything for small purchases.  And it's been said all week, publishers decided the used game market.

GDPofDRC wrote:
It's about buying entertainment, if they have something I want, I'll get it. Until someone points out an actual barrier to achieving that end, this is all fluffed up drama I ain't worried about. What feasible barrier is their that will prevent me from doing what I intend to do in buying either machine?

Quote :
not sure what I am suppose to be responding too here.. But I will say that if all the negatives that has been brought up seriously have ZERO effect on you than by all means spend $100 extra on this machine.. it just seems stubborn at this point

It should be clear by now that I find the big negatives to be primarily contrived by quick detractors.  These so called negatives have hardly a significant impact on me what so ever, no matter who believes they are capable of telling me otherwise, or that I or anyone else in a similar position is Fucked, a Complete Dumb Fuck, a fucking imbecile, have no common sense, I will bend over and allow Microsoft to bugger you up the arse daily, xenophobic (wtf?), delusional, an arrogant prick and Selfish.  Resort to having to call people names like little kids doesn't make my lack of having a tangible issue with any so called negatives change at all.

Quote :
either way you should be thanking Sony.. because this is going to change their views on things to be able to compete ... which probably includes the price

PS4 is both cheaper and more expensive then Xbox One.  So who cares.  Believe me, if I was getting a PS4 on day one I'd be getting the $599 version of it. I probably won't buy either console until at least the 2nd or more likely the 3rd versions of them are available, Sony and Microsoft have poor track records on their first runs of new consoles.

Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:14 pm

In Summery

This affects others but not me.. So I don't care.(even though it wouldn't really affect me either way)

Quote :
I'm selfish because my decisions are not based on your preference, is that what you are trying to say?  My budget is meticulous and it works just fine for me, I don't need to adjust anything for small purchases.  And it's been said all week, publishers decided the used game market.

Maybe selfish is the wrong description word .. and I wasn't trying to convince you otherwise.. I presented to you MY situation to give an example of how this is an issue for me as well as millions of others (assumption) .. 

Basically what you are saying is: whether Used games are allowed or not .. it doesn't affect you..
so its confusing why you would be so okay with the 1 side that causes issues with so many others
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:41 pm

For the third time, the used game policy is on the publishers and developers.  The decisions they make in that regard are theirs to make as they see fit to earn profit or simply sustain as a company which offers games for purchase in general.  As the ability to sustain as a game publisher or developer diminishes, it should be expected that people are going to take actions to their better interest as opposed to sacrificing their existence in the market and the terms they set will apply to PS4 and all other platforms the build for.

Microsoft wrote:
Third party publishers, like Activision, Ubisoft and Square-Enix, may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this arrangement. Third party publishers also have the choice whether to allow you to give games to friends or not.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm

It still doesn't change the fact Microsoft implemented features into their console that brings restricitions to the used game market, they shouldn't have done it and it has angered a good portion of their fanbase.

The PS4 has no used game restrictions or DRM internet requirements and developers are still making games for that console. Sony stood up for gamers while Microsoft were too scared to say no to the likes of EA No
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm

I swear the people at Microsoft HQ live in an alternate reality to the rest of us.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15238-E3-2013--Microsoft--We-Have-a-Product-for-Those-That-Can-t-Get-Online--it-s-Called-Xbox-360.html wrote:
"Some of the advantages of having a box that is designed to use in an online state, to me is the future-proof choice.”

Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." (he really meant to say the PS4 but snipers were nearby.)

“I mean, seriously, when I read the blogs, and thought about who's really the most impacted, there was a person who said, 'Hey, I'm on a nuclear sub,' and I don't even know what it means to be on a nuclear sub but I've gotta imagine it's not easy to get an internet connection."
"Hey, I can empathize, if I was on a nuclear sub, I'd be disappointed."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Do you really think Sony is going to be getting in the way of the companies responsible for making their product viable?  They won't.  Did they tell EA no when they implemented a Online User Fee for second hand games?  They didn't.  No amount of naivety will change the fact that the developer and publishers shape the landscape of the market most significantly.  

Here is a scenario for you:
Quote :

As big and popular game maker, we announces that with Steam already being so accepted, successful and widely utilized by gamers, and PS4 and Xbox One being innovative advances in entertainment connectivity, hence forth we will no longer make physical games, only digital games.  No more burning, printing, plastic, paper, trucks, boats, planes, fuel, etc.,. in our process.  A gamers purchase will license them to partake in our products instantly from their consoles cloud or buy downloading it to it's hard drive.

What are the problems?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Digital only copies are inevitable but that's decades away from happening, there's very few countries with the internet infrastructure ready to handle the size of downloads next gen games will require.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:50 pm

decades away?  lol are you kidding me?

Physical media is going out the door right now because of user demand.

People don't own movies, they own a cloud receiver containing the license to all the movies they want.

People don't have 4,000 cds, they have 1tb worth of licenses to songs they want on their mp3 player.

People don't have personal libraries, they have licenses to access the books they want on their tablets.

A lot of the new computers Apple makes don't even have disk drives.

That is the way of the industry as a whole and video gaming is not an exception anymore because the transferable byte size is being outpaced by communication technology to transport it.

It's not happening all over the world, it is happening where the buying market is the strongest and most active.

Sony and Microsoft are subject to it.  Developers and publishers will decide.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:00 pm

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/sony-clarifies-stance-on-playstation-4-restrictions-6409882/ wrote:
"The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners," reads a line from the statement.

"As announced last night, PS4 will not have any gating restrictions for used disc-based games," the statement goes on. "When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Basically what I said.  From your own link:

Sony has clarified its stance on PlayStation 4 game "restrictions," after executive Jack Tretton said earlier today on Spike TV that decisions about DRM would be left up to third-party publishers.

Ali* wrote:
I applaud Sony for having the balls to fight for gamers and didn't cave into demands from third party developers whining over used game sales.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Parting note.

My sky is not falling.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 pm

If you want to buy the Xbone that's your choice at the end of the day I am happy with my PS4 pre-order and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

You guys are crazy. The Xbox One fits my needs and I have no desire to change and start over I love Xbox Live and the benefits they give me. Xbox 4 Lyfe.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 pm

josh200612 wrote:
You guys are crazy. The Xbox One fits my needs and I have no desire to change and start over I love Xbox Live and the benefits they give me. Xbox 4 Lyfe.

I use to love the Xbox but everything they've said (and their manner in which they've said it) since the reveal has just turned me away from buying an Xbone.

TV crap, DRM, 24 hour Internet Connection Required, Used Game Restricitions, Hard Drive that isn't removable, Region locked, Kinect being mandatory, £429 price tag..........eh no thanks.

I credit them for improving on the exclusive games front but the damage has already been done for me.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Ali* wrote:
If you want to buy the Xbone that's your choice at the end of the day I am happy with my PS4 pre-order and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Ali* wrote:
Anyone who chooses the Xbone over the PS4 is a complete fucking imbecile.

The majority of you guys are casual gamers who will bend over and allow Microsoft to bugger you up the arse dailey.

The facts are out there and for whatever reason you've choosen to ignore them, I don't know if it's xenophobia or sheer delusion.

Anybody who supports the rules Microsoft have introduced into their console is a selfish arrogant prick.

At the end of the day you can literally go fuck yourself. Nobody gives a shit how far you want to take your weird obnoxious 3rd grade xbox flaming or overdone Sony dick sucking.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Ali* wrote:

The majority of you guys are casual gamers who will bend over and allow Microsoft to bugger you up the arse dailey.

Anybody who supports the rules Microsoft have introduced into their console is a selfish arrogant prick.

At the end of the day you can literally go fuck yourself.  Nobody gives a shit how far you want to take your weird obnoxious 3rd grade xbox flaming or overdone Sony dick sucking.  

lol nice I love you too big boy.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:40 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Ali* wrote:

At the end of the day you can literally go fuck yourself.  Nobody gives a shit how far you want to take your weird obnoxious 3rd grade xbox flaming or overdone Sony dick sucking.  
yay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next