Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers Empty
PostSubject: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:52 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/30/3932808/rampage-jackson-ufc-lies-pay-per-view-buys-mma

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson was unhappy with the way he was being treated leading up to what may have been his final fight inside the Octagon, a unanimous decision loss to Glover Teixeira at the UFC on FOX 6 event last weekend in Chicago (see it here).

But you knew that.

What you may not have known, are some of the specifics of his complaint against the Las Vegas-based mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, which "Rampage" tells MMA HEAT is "taking advantage of its fighters" while "cleaning house" in the pay-per-view sales.

"In my opinion, I feel like me and the rest of the UFC fighters are getting taken advantage of. I feel like the UFC is cleaning house. The pay-per-view dollars? They tell me one number, but then they tell the press another. Pay me the numbers that you tell the press! Don't tell me, 'Oh, we only sold this many,' then you tell the press, 'Oh we sold this many!' But then I'm saying, 'Hey, you only told me we sold 800,000 buys but you told the press you sold a million buys.' Then they say 'Oh, we just say that for the press.' No, pay me what you told the press because you lyin' somewhere. You either lyin' to me or you lyin' to the press about the pay-per-view numbers. If they're doing it to me, I'm sure they're doing it to other fighters."

Jackson has headlined seven pay-per-view events since joining UFC in early 2007, but doesn't believe he's getting his fair share of the percentages based on the discrepancy in reported numbers, particularly his UFC 114 clash against rival and Ultimate Fighter (TUF) coach Rashad Evans.

As always, there are two sides to every story, but this is his.

ZUFFA historically keeps its pay-per-view buys close to the vest and rarely -- if ever -- releases them to the public. One of the few exceptions was UFC 100, which at the time had approached the 1.5 million mark and broke several of the organization's existing records.

It's long been a point of contention for its enemies, as well.

Despite his reported $15.2 million salary, "Rampage" insists he would compete elsewhere for less money, so long as it was "honest money." But until his matching clause expires in his current deal with UFC, he may not be competing anywhere.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 am

The UFC doesn't tell the press anything about their PPV numbers and Rampage could request an audit whenever he wanted. Shut up and go away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:00 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
The UFC doesn't tell the press anything about their PPV numbers and Rampage could request an audit whenever he wanted. Shut up and go away

I agree that he needs to shut up already.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 am

well we already know they inflated the Lesnar-Overeem numbers by quite a bit
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 am

He's just always gonna speak his mind any time he's asked about it, always does.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 pm

even tho page needs to shut it you have to admit they do some shady shit and treat most of the guys like puppets. Only cause they can
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He's just always gonna speak his mind any time he's asked about it, always does.
Yeah people just love to jump on Rampage at the moment. It's crazy how all over the web he gets destroyed everytime he says anything. Even if it is in an interview and he is just answering honestly. Just like with the kicks to the knee, I agree with Rampage again here. I'm sure it has happened.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Because its retarded. There's nothing valid about what he is saying at all
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Because its retarded. There's nothing valid about what he is saying at all

+1 Page isn't exactly a credible source.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:40 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Yeah people just love to jump on Rampage at the moment. It's crazy how all over the web he gets destroyed everytime he says anything. Even if it is in an interview and he is just answering honestly. Just like with the kicks to the knee, I agree with Rampage again here. I'm sure it has happened.
every fighter has the right to audit... Rampage needs to stfu already, his time has long passed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers   Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers
Page 1 of 1