Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

strawweight coming soon to UFC

Go down 
+2
jewzilla
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

strawweight coming soon to UFC Empty
PostSubject: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Quote :
Just this past year, the UFC added the flyweight division, and on Saturday, Demetrious Johnson defended that title with a unanimous decision win over John Dodson in the main event of UFC on FOX 6 at United Center in Chicago.

After that card, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the trip went well, and there's excitement in the company about the potential for the strawweight division.

But White defended that division, even while knowing he'll probably have to fight the same battles when the company brings the 115-pound class along.

"I think you had some people talking smack here and there (about the flyweights)," White said. "But if you're a real fight fan, how do you not like Ian (McCall)? How do you not like Joe (Benavidez)? How do you not like (Johnson and Dodson) that were here tonight? When people say s--- like that to me, it's hard for me to respond without being a real a--hole. It's really hard for me."

Last edited by OU on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Something I actually agree with Dana on...amazing.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Oh, OU agrees with Dana... When creepy is mentioned.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Oh, OU agrees with Dana... When creepy is mentioned.
Yeah, like Dana I think it's crazy when people talk about not being interested in smaller weight classes. IMO it does make you less of a fan.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm

How can you not enjoy watching these guys as if its in super speed
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
How can you not enjoy watching these guys as if its in super speed
If you enjoy technique, transitions, skill and ummmm MMA! Then how the hell can you not be a fan? CAUSE I SO MUCH BIGGER I CAN SQUASH THEM LIKE BUG! I BETTER FIGHTER THEN MIDGET MAN IN CAGE
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 pm

ok slow down, this is getting a little ridiculous imo.

whats next 105 pound division?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 pm

I think it is too soon. The every expanding and increasingly majority of MMA fans are "Just Bleed" casuals who already have a hard enough time accepting smaller weight divisions. I'd be all for it but at the same time I think King Casual would listen to his court and say after one less than exciting display, "Look we fucking tried it and it sucked, I've never heard so many boo's in any fucking sport ever in the world. It's fucking over for those guys."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ok slow down, this is getting a little ridiculous imo.

whats next 105 pound division?
What is ridiculous about it? What does size have to do with skill anyways? If size was all that matters then you ladies would be SOL.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm

No bird, midgets division.

Also tranny division. Cyborg will finally have a home, and Ali will be in heaven.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 pm

aside from that, I doubt many MMA fans of any sort could name more than 5 starweights, and all would be Shooto fighters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:22 pm

That's a reference to your tiny penis and not your actual height FYI
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
aside from that, I doubt many MMA fans of any sort could name more than 5 starweights, and all would be Shooto fighters.
I doubt that name really matters to the people enjoying the fights.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 pm

I think Dana is trying to blow smoke up your ass. Only way he brings in Straw is if he is confident he can bank dollars on it by doing so. I don't think the majority of Zuffas MMA market will buy in.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:35 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think Dana is trying to blow smoke up your ass. Only way he brings in Straw is if he is confident he can bank dollars on it by doing so. I don't think the majority of Zuffas MMA market will buy in.
If they build it, they will come. UFC trying to make a push into Mexico and Asia and smaller weight classes is one the major tools they are trying to use. Fill the division up with fighters from their country and they will tune in, that's the idea behind it. Only makes sense this discussion is being brought up in connection to breaking into Mexico.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 pm

In Asia I guess, maybe, but the Mexico part doesn't make much sense.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Too soon, no thanks. They don't even have FLW built up yet. This won't happen for a long while I would guess
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

I believe you are autistic, OU. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 pm

jewzilla wrote:
I believe you are autistic, OU. Am I right?
That's a very broad term. It's possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: strawweight coming soon to UFC   strawweight coming soon to UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

strawweight coming soon to UFC
Page 1 of 1