Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 NFL Draft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:34 am

Just wanted to start a running thread on the draft.

Post your teams needs or where you think players from your college team will go.

As a Texans fan we need an ILB and a WR. I'd love if UGAs Olgeltree falls to us in the 20s. There is also talk Teo will be available there. I doubt the Texans give him much of a look.

Eagles are my #2 team. If Luke Joeckel (best tackle in the draft and an Aggie) lasts til 4 then the Eagles' QBs blindside is set for years to come.
Back to top Go down

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Packers need to improve their defense.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

I hear the packers are looking at taking Christine Michael in the mid rounds. He was an injury plagued badass at a&m who attitude problems his SR year.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm

dolphins biggest need is at WR, but in an ideal world ireland would spend some of that vast cap space on wallace or bowe in free agency and address the OL and CB positions in the draft.

it would be nice if warmack or milliner dropped to number 12, but i think a pass rusher is more likely.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Tannehill needs WR help baaaadly. Kind if a weak draft class there Bowe and/or Wallace is a must if they're trying to win now.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Tannehill needs WR help baaaadly. Kind if a weak draft class there Bowe and/or Wallace is a must if they're trying to win now.

yea, i'm limited in the college football i'm able to watch but i'm yet to see a college receiver that blew me away. CBS mocks have us taking keenan allen or cordarelle patterson but both are considered risky picks so you'd think would be unlikely to immediately step in as number ones in their rookie years. if we're considering taking one of those guys at number 12 at very least getting greg jennings in free agency is a must.

that said, i think the odds are the best player on the dolphins board at number 12 will be a defensive lineman. unfortunately, we're stacked at DL and have much greater needs elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Tannehill is going to need more than WR help cause Jake Long is about to say deuces and head to a contender.

and by contender I mean Dallas...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Tannehill is going to need more than WR help cause Jake Long is about to say deuces and head to a contender.

So you don't mean contender.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:33 am

jewzilla wrote:

if long continues his decline of the last two years at his current rate he'll be playing like marc colombo in 2014, only some fools will be paying him $12m a year. said fools will then take a huge cap hit when they release him in 2015.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

I will take a declining jake long over a never was Doug Free or the rest of the o-line not named smith.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:09 pm

jewzilla wrote:
I will take a declining jake long over a never was Doug Free or the rest of the o-line not named smith.
Fuck Leonard Davis. That's all I have to say about that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Alex Smith in Minnesota sounds like an amazing fit IMO. Hopefully they pull the plug on Ponder ASAP. I'll be a homer and say Cowboys can use a guy like Justin Brown. WR that can do everything well and a good return man. Talking about FA or very late round guy so nothing crazy.

Farmer what do you think about that Baylor WR in Miami? Williams would be great for him IMO. That guy can make plays and has good size. I think they could work well together. Probably the best option for drafting a WR.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:18 pm

I haven't paid enough attention to this WR draft class. I did hear good things about his blocking at the SR bowl.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I haven't paid enough attention to this WR draft class. I did hear good things about his blocking at the SR bowl.
He is a great WR, I think he will be a great pro. I don't know where the Dolphins pick? They might not get the chance to get him anyways. 40 time isn't great but it's kind of deceiving since he has good speed on the deep route. He is probably the best skill position player coming out of the Big 12, after that is RB Randell from Ok State. That guy will be a productive player for years as well. Take that to the bank.
I'd shy away from Kenny Stills though, I don't see him doing much as a pro. I like Reynolds and Brown more as pros from OU.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 am

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
He is a great WR, I think he will be a great pro. I don't know where the Dolphins pick? They might not get the chance to get him anyways. 40 time isn't great but it's kind of deceiving since he has good speed on the deep route. He is probably the best skill position player coming out of the Big 12, after that is RB Randell from Ok State. That guy will be a productive player for years as well. Take that to the bank.
I'd shy away from Kenny Stills though, I don't see him doing much as a pro. I like Reynolds and Brown more as pros from OU.

dolphins pick at #12.

who's the baylor receiver? the so called experts were initially predicting we'd take keenan allen but are now leaning towards patterson.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

dolphins pick at #12.

who's the baylor receiver? the so called experts were initially predicting we'd take keenan allen but are now leaning towards patterson.

Terrance Williams. I remember him being a burner/home run threat. I do think he had some baggage in the past. Fell asleep drunk in a Taco Bell drive through.

I like the Clemson WR, Hopkins, for Houston if he falls that far. I do t see Miami reaching that far.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

dolphins pick at #12.

Terrance Williams. I remember him being a burner/home run threat. I do think he had some baggage in the past. Fell asleep drunk in a Taco Bell drive through.

I like the Clemson WR, Hopkins, for Houston if he falls that far. I do t see Miami reaching that far.
Williams really made a believer out of me this year. They lost RG3 and their other talented WR and Williams stepped it up big this year. If I was a team needing a WR early in the draft I would have my eye on him for sure. The guy can play.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

dolphins pick at #12.

terrance williams isn't the guy who played QB and just now decides he's a receiver is he?

to be perfectly honest, i can't see the dolphins reaching for a receiver at #12 either, i expect they'll take a defensive lineman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2013 NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft   2013 NFL Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 NFL Draft
Page 1 of 1