Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? Empty
PostSubject: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 pm

What do you think? Hypothetically of course.

As a mma fan, do you think there would be any benefit from having a promotional (UFC) divisional ranking system?

Build the scenario however you like. I would think something you could sell to the public as far as ranking diversity, like a mix of UFC people (who don't fight but are paid by UFC) having votes; retired fighters, check writers, analysts, maybe Randy Couture, Joe Rogan, Joe Silva, Dana White and one or two others, be the voting panel, not outside people but UFC people. It lets guys have an idea of where they are and rewards the best talent who have earned their acclaim and sit at the top 2 or 4 spots over those who are rewarded for having supposed higher revenue generating potential.

Do you think something like that would be better then the current 'who knows until the cherry is picked' methods?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

They can call it "What Dana Says". Otherwise known to casuals as "The Truth".

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 pm

I don't think the UFC would go for it. Don't think any high ranking officials in the UFC should vote. It may piss off fighters if Dana puts so and do ahead of so and so. It may be tough for fighters to be unbiased. Randy would vote for Extreme Couture right?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm

That's nice, but what about the question I am asking?
Back to top Go down
fragelay
White Belt
White Belt
fragelay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, Jim Miller, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm

I like the idea, but generally when you get people who have been heavily involved in a said sport, there tends to be bias and homerism. At least in other sports when it come to a panel. I think the hardest part would be finding voters who really have no reason for bias. It seems to me like the top fighters in each division are pretty cut and dry if you watch events regularly. Establishing some type of system like this would hopefully prevent fights like Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva/Bones Jones***, GSP vs. Nick Diaz, etc.

Last edited by fragelay on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Nothing is perfect when subjective opinions are involved, but I'd still welcome it more then making the amount of twitter followers someone has a relevant criteria in fight booking. Hopefully one day the people who dictate how MMA goes will have the confidence in the sport to go a route away from Sonnen Bones for the title styling.
Back to top Go down
fragelay
White Belt
White Belt
fragelay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, Jim Miller, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Nothing is perfect when subjective opinions are involved, but I'd still welcome it more then making the amount of twitter followers someone has a relevant criteria in fight booking. Hopefully one day the people who dictate how MMA goes will have the confidence in the sport to go a route away from Sonnen Bones for the title styling.

I hear ya. As long as Sherdog has been around and relevant I'm surprised no promotions have thought about adopting their power rankings system.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I like collective rankings. SB nations MMA rankings are decent but would be awesome if the lists they included were always up to date, several are glaringly outdated when they update it. But the more inputs the better standardized it becomes still.

Personal gripe on Sherdog is that Russow is still today and has been for a long time on their top ten list, I just don't even. I'm gonna hold that against them forEVA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??   Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Officail Zuffa Divisional Rankings??
Page 1 of 1