Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JDS Pulls A Tito

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 am

You can say he pulled a Tito...or you can say he pulled a "Cain Velasquez after the first fight"
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:07 am

true that
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
You can say he pulled a Tito...or you can say he pulled a "Cain Velasquez after the first fight"

How so?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

How so?
I'm not sure what he means either? I guess they are both talking about legit injuries? That's the connection? I don't remember Cain "blaming" his knee though. I was a little disappointed by the comments by JDS. But I still think he is the best in the World and will win the 3rd fight.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Lost a little respect for Cigano.

Just for once I'd like to see someone take a loss without mentioning an injury.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Ali* wrote:

I still love JDS. It's not like he did it in the ring post fight like Tito.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Ali* wrote:

That would be Cain Velasquez then.

The fact is Cain never mentioned his knee being injured ever. There were rumors of it first mentioned by Rogan to Helwani leading into the fight but it was not made public like JDS explictly did regarding his meniscus before and after that fight. It was really only Jon Fitch months later that confirmed he messed up his knee in training. Even in the weeks after, Cain stuck to this quote:

"I just want to say sorry to all the fans, friends and family. I disappointed you. I'm worth much more than this. I will come back. And I will get this belt back, for sure. He kind of messed up my equilibrium [with the overhand right]. It was a good shot. He has a lot of power. I waited too much for him. He went in and did what he was supposed to do, so my hats off to him."

Cain was really pissed off when that video of him tearing his knee up was released. He even went as far to say that he felt "betrayed" by its release.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/12/27/3810010/cain-velasquez-felt-betrayed-old-knee-injury-video-was-recently

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

He's still bringing up excuses which is just as bad.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Kind of like Silva's broken rib. Are you saying that what JDS is saying is a lie? Could it have been a factor?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Kind of like Silva's broken rib. Are you saying that what JDS is saying is a lie? Could it have been a factor?

I never believed Silva's bs about his ribs.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 pm

JDS seems nice, but mental reasons are never real reasons. Also he is weird about stuff in this area. Like before their first fight he was talking all kinds of shit about how "outraged" he was and how dare Cain injure his shoulder when he was scheduled to fight him, that Cain being injured was being "unfair" to him. It's always bunk when a dude wants to talk shit about people being injured between fights, that just happens, it happens to almost everybody at some point.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Why?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Why?

Too convenient and we've seen him struggle with wrestlers in the past. Win or lose I'd like injuries and illnesses to remain private, if they're severely effecting your ability to perform then delay/cancel the fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Ali* wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Why?

Too convenient and we've seen him struggle with wrestlers in the past. Win or lose I'd like injuries and illnesses to remain private, if they're severely effecting your ability to perform then delay/cancel the fight.
That's pretty fucking stupid. I'm pretty sure there are x-rays out there and everything. Why would he need any excuse for WINNING a fight anyways? I hate Anderson and I don't think for a second he was lying.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 pm

After the fist round of Sonnen vs Silva 1, Silva came to his corner holding his ribs and told his coach they were broken. His coach told him to forget it and concentrate his angles for a triangle, good advice. After the fight he went to the hospital for x-rays and it was confirmed his ribs were cracked and he went on the shelf 5 months and also looked 100% different in their next fight and really all of Anderson's fights. That same thing happened to Bj against Hughes, cracked ribs early, but Hughes capitalized. The difference between round 2 and round 3 Penn was drastically noticeable after cracking his ribs.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
After the fist round of Sonnen vs Silva 1, Silva came to his corner holding his ribs and told his coach they were broken. His coach told him to forget it and concentrate his angles for a triangle, good advice. After the fight he went to the hospital for x-rays and it was confirmed his ribs were cracked and he went on the shelf 5 months and also looked 100% different in their next fight and really all of Anderson's fights. That same thing happened to Bj against Hughes, cracked ribs early, but Hughes capitalized. The difference between round 2 and round 3 Penn was drastically noticeable after cracking his ribs.

I still stand by my comment they should remain private.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Ali* wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I can't think of a single sport where injuries aren't reported.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I am talking about using injuries to take away from peoples performances.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I am talking about using injuries to take away from peoples performances.

Don't recall any fighter doing that, it's usually fans who take the discussion there that I have ever heard, well other than Tito I guess, but it's pretty rare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JDS Pulls A Tito Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDS Pulls A Tito   JDS Pulls A Tito Empty

Back to top Go down

JDS Pulls A Tito
Page 1 of 1