[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NFL MVP?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

NFL MVP
Adrian Peterson
NFL MVP? Vote_lcap30%NFL MVP? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Peyton Manning
NFL MVP? Vote_lcap20%NFL MVP? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Tom Brady
NFL MVP? Vote_lcap20%NFL MVP? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
JJ Watt
NFL MVP? Vote_lcap30%NFL MVP? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Aaron Rodgers
NFL MVP? Vote_lcap0%NFL MVP? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Andrew Luck
 0% [ 0 ]
other(specify)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:19 pm

I keep seeing the same names thrown out, Peterson, Brady, Manning and Watt. Can't imagine the winner not being on that list. Who Should win in your opinion?

Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Call me a homer but I think it should be Peterson or Watt. JJ might be having the best season ever for an interior lineman. Peterson is having one of the best seasons for a running back.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Get Luck's name of that list. Not only should he not be considered, but he's the 3rd best rookie QB this year alone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Call me a homer but I think it should be Peterson or Watt. JJ might be having the best season ever for an interior lineman. Peterson is having one of the best seasons for a running back.
I don't think picking JJ is being that bad of a homer. Your boy is top 3 at the very least. Deserves strong consideration for #1, no problem with you going homer. That being said, I'm also going homer, AD.

Farmer1906 wrote:
Get Luck's name of that list. Not only should he not be considered, but he's the 3rd best rookie QB this year alone.
He was a late add, so was Rodgers. I don't think either one really deserve #1 consideration anyways. Just a couple names I saw thrown out there at different sites. People's reasoning for Luck is this years record compared to last years record. But I'm with you, not even worthy of being mentioned.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:53 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
I don't think picking JJ is being that bad of a homer. Your boy is top 3 at the very least. Deserves strong consideration for #1, no problem with you going homer. That being said, I'm also going homer, AD.

Farmer1906 wrote:
He was a late add, so was Rodgers. I don't think either one really deserve #1 consideration anyways. Just a couple names I saw thrown out there at different sites. People's reasoning for Luck is this years record compared to last years record. But I'm with you, not even worthy of being mentioned.

Griffin turned the Skins around and he has more TDs than INTs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah but I think the injury hurt any chance he had at being in MVP talks and could very well have cost him the Rookie of the Year. Not saying it's right, just saying I think that is what will happen. Especially considering what Cousins did.

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 pm

OU wrote:
Yeah but I think the injury hurt any chance he had at being in MVP talks and could very well have cost him the Rookie of the Year. Not saying it's right, just saying I think that is what will happen. Especially considering what Cousins did.

Says it all.

Peterson has had a great season, but guys on mediocre teams do not win this award.

Nor do defensive players.

It's basically a QB award. Probably goes Peyton.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Well rethinking, Brady is right there too and Rodgers with his 32 td-8 int. Maybe the 3 great QB seasons, all being so tight statistically and record, maybe a D-man could sneak in(give Watts a much better chance then AP given team record)

Last couple games will play a big role.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

captain organic wrote:
Peterson has had a great season, but guys on mediocre teams do not win this award.

Nor do defensive players.

It's basically a QB award. Probably goes Peyton.

It's going to be hard to ignore someone in the 2,000 club.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

I believe only 1/2 of the members won the year they rushed for 2k.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Minny plays Houston and then GB. Let's see if AP can get them to 10-6 and into the playoffs. If not I just don't see him having any shot.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Brady.

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I believe only 1/2 of the members won the year they rushed for 2k.

Dickerson got kind of shafted by the fact that Marino set the passing yards and completions record that same season otherwise it would have been the first 4 to ever do it winning MVP in some capacity.

Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 am

P. Manning

Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 am

i voted for watt, though i changed my mind shortly afterwards and thought i should have voted for peterson.

i was blown away by watts performances early this season, i think he's dipped slightly below that astonishing level in the second half of the season though. the vikes are a one man show and peterson seems to be getting even better every week.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 am

In just his second season since the Texans made him a first-round pick out of the University of Wisconsin, Watt is tied for the league-lead with 19.5 sacks, has 33 tackles for loss, 38 quarterback hits, 15 passes defensed and three forced fumbles. He's the only player in NFL history with at least 15 sacks and 15 passes defensed in a single season, breaking White's record for passes defensed by a defensive lineman (13) in the process.

According to the Texans, Watt has been a part of 84 plays this season that have resulted in zero or negative yards. And his 34.5 combined sacks and passes defensed are the most in a single season since passes defensed became an officially tracked statistic in 1991.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 am

Wow we have 4 players with 2 votes each. Didn't expect that.

Administrator
Administrator
OU

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:25 am

Chris Mortensen on Mike and Mike right now saying that he thinks AD should win but he thinks it's a 3 player race between AD, Peyton and Brady. He gave props to Watts but said it's a 3 player race.

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:43 am

OU wrote:
Wow we have 4 players with 2 votes each. Didn't expect that.

I broke the tie.

The more I looked at it, the more unclear it became, or perhaps the more clear that this was a very close 4 man race.

I didn't really see anything distinguishing the 2 qb's, and neither is having an off the charts blow your mind type of year. Really really good years, teams are both good, but not great. So though my intial thought was Peyton, it then turned to Brady, and then the more I looked, to neither.

The more it looked like APete(Vikes need to win their last 2) and Watt's were the leaders. Watt's with the sacks and batted balls, and team record. Pete with the total yards and the 6.3 ypc(didn't realize he was THAT high there). Not to mention his slow start followed by a blazing finish.

So I've backed far away from my initial thought on the subject.

and the two play this weekend. how fun.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am

A Pete's has 6 150 yrd games in his last 8 games, and all 8 were over 100. 9 td's in that span.

Big problem though is Vikes were only 4-4 in that span. So in his best stretch the teams record is worse then during his very pedestrian stretch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 am

and can anyone read this old school asteroid looking graph?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/statslab?icampaign=statsLab_Nav

I feel like blowing that thing up into a bunch of smaller by similar looking asteroids.

Can't make heads or tails of that thing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 am

captain organic wrote:
A Pete's has 6 150 yrd games in his last 8 games, and all 8 were over 100. 9 td's in that span.

Big problem though is Vikes were only 4-4 in that span. So in his best stretch the teams record is worse then during his very pedestrian stretch.
I hate Ponder so much, he is so god awful. I can't beleive he was drafted that high. I saw him play in person vs OU and he got destroyed. Watching him in the NFL I see the same guy. I really hope Viking can get someone like Alex Smith. AD is being punished by horrific QB play.

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 am

Watt's also does well in tackles for loss. 17.

Way ahead of Aldon Smith, who has 2.

Von Miller is close with 13.

Wake has 2.

Ware has 4.

Now I haven't watched watt's that much this year. His #'s are a lot better then the other defenders in the league, and he's near record levels in some cases.

But the last defender to win the award was LT in 86. And that guy was an absolute terror. He fucked with teams minds. Not sure if Watts has that level of impact. The #'s actually exceed LT's, but is the impact there?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 am

Watt is having a legit MVP caliber year IMO and should be getting serious consideration for the award. I think it would be tough to skip AD if he gets the NFL record but it will be a little easier if he falls shy but still hits the 2K mark. Also like you mentioned, how the Vikings do in the last 2 games matters.

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 am

This discussion really has me wanting to watch Houston vs Minny on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL MVP?   NFL MVP? Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL MVP?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: