Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
CainVelasquezFan
captain organic
Farmer1906
Bigs03
Primetyme199
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley Empty
PostSubject: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 am

After weeks of searching for a main event for the first event of 2010, the UFC has now lost a planned co-feature bout for UFC 108.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from a source close to Carlos Condit (24-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) that the "Natural Born Killer" has suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from a main-card bout with British slugger Paul Daley (22-8-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC).

No word yet on whether the UFC will seek a replacement opponent for Daley at the Jan. 2 event.

Featuring a light heavyweight contenders matchup between former champ Rashad Evans and Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva, "UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva" takes place at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and airs live on pay per view.

In a card lacking in star power, many MMA observers were pointing toward the Condit vs. Daley matchup as a potential bright spot.

MMAjunkie.com was told that Condit's injury was to one of his hands, though the exact nature of the injury and a timetable for the 25-year-old's return was not revealed.

The WEC's final welterweight champion, Condit was seeking to build on the momentum of a razor-thin split-decision victory over Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 19 in September. Condit had dropped his UFC debut, also by split decision, in a "Fight of the Year" candidate with Martin Kampmann in April.

The main-card bout was to be Condit's first on pay per view.

Meanwhile, Daley was hoping to follow-up a shocking, first-round TKO win over Martin Kampmann at UFC 103 with another impressive outing.

Following the September win, Daley said he would be willing to fight anyone the UFC put in front of him.

"I'll do it again, and I don't care who's standing in front of me," Daley said. "I'm just going to be the same fighter and go out there to finish people."

The 26-year-old Team Rough House product has won 10 of his past 12 contests, and "Semtex" has earned 17 of his 22 career wins by knockout or TKO.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 am

Damn that sucks, love watching Condit fight and he and Daley would've put on a show.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:02 pm

The UFC should steal Maynard & Diaz from the FN and make that a co main event.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 pm

ouch.

Man, Im not sure I buy this card.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:23 pm

108 is cursed!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 pm

I never realized how many fights were canceled bc of injury until I really started following MMA super closely over the last 6 months or so. Jesus
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Another injury shit lol!!!! This card is cursed ur right Spurs.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 pm

wtf .. karo backs out and I dont get to see Hazelett fight .. and now I dont get to see condit fight.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I never realized how many fights were canceled bc of injury until I really started following MMA super closely over the last 6 months or so. Jesus

I have been following closely for 6 years and I never say this many injuries.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:02 pm

more reason not to spend money on 108. Condit is one my favorite fighters and he was going to totally split decision Daley.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
more reason not to spend money on 108. Condit is one my favorite fighters and he was going to totally split decision Daley.

ha. good line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

The better find a replacement for my boy Semtex Smile
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Just read that on his twitter, Condit said he was in the hospital to have surgery on his infected hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley   Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley
Page 1 of 1