Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion

Go down 
+3
cheekynffc
Ludo
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Yuck !! I already had to suffer his atrocious performance at the Olympics now he's going to butcher one of my favorite bands.

This quote pretty much sums up how lame this idea is.

Quote :
I didn’t really know who they were," the Beatle said of being in the studio with Grohl and Novoselic. "They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said ‘Whoa? You guys haven’t played together for all that time? And somebody whispered to me ‘That’s Nirvana. You’re Kurt.’ I couldn’t believe it.”
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Who knew gayness went to 11 as well. If I hear McCartney trying to do vocals on a nirvana song I might just commit hamburger time in the same way Kurt did.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:30 pm

proof, if it were needed, that mark david chapman shot the wrong beatle.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:35 pm

The more I think about this the more it comes off as just totally wrong. McCartney doesn't have the grit in his voice to pull this off, and it's kind of fucked up for them to have a reunion without Kurt at all. Couldn't they find someone better who at least had the vocal abilities to do this in a way that it wouldn't come off as hokey and contrived? Let's just have Prince fill in for Dave Mustaine when he's gone for the Megadeth reunion while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:36 pm

They should of got Steven Tyler
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
They should of got Steven Tyler

Even Tyler would have been a better option to be honest. He at least has some sandpaper to his voice, though I'm not sure he'd be right for the flat tones Kurt was also known for.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm

did it have to be a geezer? there are plenty of vocalist in late 90's, early 2000 bands that have guys who can do a good Kurt Cobain. Shit, i'm not a fan but the Puddle of Mudd guy would make more sense than Paul or Tyler.

I am a Paul McCartney fan and i'd be lying if i said i wasnt intrigued by the idea of Paul signing Nirvana songs even though it does not make any sense.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Or let's just not reunite nirvana without Kurt at all. Kurt was nirvana.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Or let's just not reunite nirvana without Kurt at all. Kurt was nirvana.

This.

It's like Sublime getting reunited without Bradley Nowell. He was Sublime completely..and it showed in the Sublme with Rome album that sounded nothing like anything Sublime would have put out even if they were given the chance to age and put out a shit album or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion Paul-mccartney-uke
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion Claytonjax-wide-community
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 pm

To be fair, Im sure surviving members of Nirvana were cool with Paul taking the role of Kurt. Maybe their idea? Or stars just aligning with the 12-12-12 concert?

Grohl def had a good time when playing with Jagger on SNL. And like Jagger, Im sure their is some level of looking up to McCartney as a legend even if they were not fans per se in their youths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 pm

that was actually alright.

it was closer to get back than the frog song.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 am

They played same song on SNL. It was straight good. Now is it Nirvana? No, but I don't think they are trying to fool anybody.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 am

I thought the idea was that they were gonna play Nirvana songs. Thats what made me go WTF. If it's just Paul, Dave, and Kris making an original tune then it's not really a Nirvana reunion anymore than Velvet Revolver was a Guns N Roses reunion.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I thought the idea was that they were gonna play Nirvana songs. Thats what made me go WTF. If it's just Paul, Dave, and Kris making an original tune then it's not really a Nirvana reunion anymore than Velvet Revolver was a Guns N Roses reunion.

Yeah call it whatever, cool to see those guys all togethor, and the song was good, Paul dug in pretty good. Even if they played an old Nirvana song, whatever, if the result is good music I'm not going to sweat what they call it. (and Paul basically saying "wait these guys are from Nirvana" basically says this was not an effort to be a reunion).

And Grohl also played with Jagger on SNL this year as well. And Jagger played with Jeff Beck(awesome solo) and arcade fire on the same show. It was all cool stuff. U can see the enthusiasm these younger musicians had playing with these legends of rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion   Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana Reunion
Page 1 of 1