Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA Empty
PostSubject: Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA   Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:15 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/7/1190116/quote-of-the-day-dr-johnny

"In my research, I could not find any credible, peer-reviewed medical literature that concludes that marijuana use in sporting activities provides significant performance enhancement or is potentially dangerous to the user or competitor. There are articles that discuss the affects of prolonged smoking of marijuana on the lungs, but these issues do not appear to have any relationship to sports.

I do not condone the use of marijuana in athletes - or anyone else, for that matter. I do not smoke tobacco, marijuana, take recreational drugs or drink alcohol. But these are all personal decisions and should not influence anyone other than members of my immediate family.

With that said, I find it inconsistent that sports regulatory bodies have chosen to test for and place marijuana on the banned substances list and not alcohol. I believe that the ban on marijuana use in combat sports is an attempt at legislating morality and not a safety or competitive integrity issue."

"Man, ain't nothing wrong with smoking weed! Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage of it man. Take advantage" Weed
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA   Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm

In the immortal words of Bill Hicks: God speaking "If I leave pot everywhere, it's gonna give people the impression THEY'RE SUPPOSSED TO USE IT."
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA   Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Its ridiculous that Marijuana is illegal in the entire world like its so bad or something.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA   Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:56 am

Refer maddness and the people behind it still have a hold on alot of people in this country. For instance my brothers girl gets drunk off her ass with him all the time but if she catches him smoking with me she cries! That right cries, like I just helped him shoot up or some shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA   Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA
Page 1 of 1