Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 154 Discussion

Go down 
+9
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
bronzehole
Ludo
killerofchicken
cheekynffc
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:56 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Hendricks's wrestling hasn't translated into the cage.

Even so Johny will still be able to stuff some of GSP's takedowns.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:56 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Hendricks's wrestling hasn't translated into the cage.

Agreed. GSP jabs him to death but he would have to be careful..but thats true in any fight unless it Jake Shields.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:03 am

Hendricks is the man!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:07 am

I think Anderson vs GSP would have been perfect a couple years ago when they basically cleared out their divisions. Now? That is not the case at all. There are numerous contenders for both champions to face.

I think GSP should fight Hendricks and have Marquardt face Diaz on the same card for the next shot.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 am

I'd rather see Silva vs. GSP in the spring than have both of them take pointless sabbaticals.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Lyoto sporting the stache.
highlight of the night
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 am

Ninja wrote:
I think Anderson vs GSP would have been perfect a couple years ago when they basically cleared out their divisions. Now? That is not the case at all. There are numerous contenders for both champions to face.

I think GSP should fight Hendricks and have Marquardt face Diaz on the same card for the next shot.

Agree with this. Let Anderson fight Weidman and maybe the Bisping/Belfort winner too. Maybe even move up for a Jones superfight. Not a lot left for Jones outside of Hendo & Gus.

Ultimately not matter how stacked GSP gets he'll never have the frame & reach be to a good match up with Anderson. GSP is a semi big WW, but nothing like Condit, Diaz, Rumble, Rory, and more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 am

I hope we get to see a Condit vs. Kampman rematch now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:25 am

killerofchicken wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Lyoto sporting the stache.
highlight of the night

Movember
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 am

Did anyone else catch Joe's line right before they ended the FX broadcast about Kampman coming from behind more times than Lance Bass ?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 am

The Silva vs GSP fight is as relevant as ever. Weidmen? Bisping vs Belfort winner? Hendricks? None of these are big time fights.

Now granted, I think it's a mismatch, and it's all up to GSP, but if he wants the superfight, any of these other fights quickly get pushed to the back burner.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
49-46 GSP

Condit was scrappy..blows over too easy on the takedowns and simply isnt dangerous enough off his back.

For a guy with his footwork, I'm surprised Condit doesn't have more balance in his TDD. He does blow over so easily on those single leg attempts, but he's also used to not really fighting it off that much because he's capable of sweeping the Dong Hyung Kim's off the world in about 20 seconds, not so much with GSP
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Ali wrote:
If GSP fought like that more often I'd be a fan.

I didn't think GSP did anything all that different. Stood for a minute or so in each rnd, then went for, and secured a takedown, controlled from top position for the rest of the rnd.

And I didn't think Condit did much more then many of the other guys GSP dominated. He landed a fairly lucky kick. Other then that what did he do? Sure he was pretty active on bottom, but never to the point where I thought he was dishing out more damage then georgie. Was really disapointed in Condit when, after the kick, and Georgie got back to his feet, Condit was inactive with his back to the fence. Georgie quickly follows up with a takedown. Carlos totally blew any chance he had right there imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

I didn't think GSP did anything all that different. Stood for a minute or so in each rnd, then went for, and secured a takedown, controlled from top position for the rest of the rnd.

And I didn't think Condit did much more then many of the other guys GSP dominated. He landed a fairly lucky kick. Other then that what did he do? Sure he was pretty active on bottom, but never to the point where I thought he was dishing out more damage then georgie. Was really disapointed in Condit when, after the kick, and Georgie got back to his feet, Condit was inactive with his back to the fence. Georgie quickly follows up with a takedown. Carlos totally blew any chance he had right there imo.

GSP was far more aggressive than I remember. Usually Georges fights strategically but last night there was real malice in his shots.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

Ali wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

GSP was far more aggressive than I remember. Usually Georges fights strategically but last night there was real malice in his shots.
I completely disagree. GSP had the same annoying gameplan. Again he showed no interest in finishing the fight or taking any risk what so ever. I respect the hell out of him as a man but I can't root for him as a fighter. His entire game is doing enough damage from top control that the fight won't be stood up. Since the Serra fight he absolutely refuses to take any risk and his only chances of getting a finish is to wear his opponent out physically or cut them with elbows. I don't like watching him fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

That kick was set up perfectly. The only lucky part about it was for Georges that it didn't land more cleanly
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm

I think some people are fooled by the blood in this fight equating to GSP fought more aggressively. I thought he did the same things which wasnt too exciting but netted him the win
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
I think some people are fooled by the blood in this fight equating to GSP fought more aggressively. I thought he did the same things which wasnt too exciting but netted him the win
Exactly what I thought. Some also got fooled by the head kick into thinking it was a better fight then it was. I think both suffered from ring rust. If they fought again in a couple months I think they could both put on better performances. I may be a hater towards both, but I think they both had nerves and ring rust and they are both capable of better performances.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

That kick was set up perfectly. The only lucky part about it was for Georges that it didn't land more cleanly

It was a total no look kick that followed a one two combo that was not even close to landing.

Did Condit miss by a mile with the punches intending to lure Georgie in? I have a hard time believing that considering he was missing with pretty much everything in the standup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm

I am one of the biggest GSP haters out there but I noticed way more aggression in this performance. The injury and emergence of pretenders to the throne spurred Georges to come out there and show who's boss.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Ali wrote:
I am one of the biggest GSP haters out there but I noticed way more aggression in this performance. The injury and emergence of pretenders to the throne spurred Georges to come out there and show who's boss.

Agree with Ali. GSP took more risks and mixed it up more. His gameplan was to take it down with about 2 min left in each round to make sure he won a decision.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I agree as well, a performance I appreciate for on a few levels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah I'm the biggest GSP fan here and even I was wondering why he wasn't taking him down earlier. I guess he's secure enough now in his resume that he can afford to take more risks. Also he needs to be more well rounded if he's going to move up to 185.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 Discussion    UFC 154 Discussion  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 154 Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3