Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime Empty
PostSubject: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Quote :
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has advised BoxingScene.com that a deal has been reached for a mandatory welterweight fight between IBF champion Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs) and mandatory challenger Kell Brook (29-0, 19KOs). The bout will take place on January 19th, with two possible venues in the running. Showtime will televise. The fight is going to take place in the United States.

"Alexander-Brook will be part of a tripleheader on January 19th. I 'm looking at two possible venues, but I don't want to disclose that until I have it all finished, which is probably going to be early next week.," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

The junior welterweight fight between WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (25-0, 16 KOs) and Zab Judah (42-7, 29 KOs) will move to February 9th, on Showtime, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The show was orginally targeted for January 19th at Barclays, but the New York State Athletic Commission would not allow two events to run on the same day. The other event, featuring WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, is taking place at The Theater in Madison Square Garden with HBO televising.

As part of Garcia-Judah, WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin (28-0, 20 KOs) will make the first defense of his title. One name being mentioned as the opponent, is former undisputed champion Jermain Taylor (31-4-1, 19KOs).

http://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-brook-deal-reached-garcia-judah-moves--59198

Last edited by Ali on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:34 pm

I wonder if they will have it in St. Louis or if Brook agreed to anywhere but the STL. I like when they put all similar weighted fights on a card. I could easily see a Paulie mando fight on the card with Devon and Paulie meeting up if they both win. That being said, I think I slightly favor Brook to get it done and Paulie appears vulnerable to me after the Cano fight. Maidana would be fun on the card too. I don't know where they go after him but that could be the main 3 of a tripleheader.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
I wonder if they will have it in St. Louis or if Brook agreed to anywhere but the STL. I like when they put all similar weighted fights on a card. I could easily see a Paulie mando fight on the card with Devon and Paulie meeting up if they both win. That being said, I think I slightly favor Brook to get it done and Paulie appears vulnerable to me after the Cano fight. Maidana would be fun on the card too. I don't know where they go after him but that could be the main 3 of a tripleheader.

It will be in Vegas or New York, Brook's promoter made sure St Louis wasn't in the deal and Devon didn't want to come to the UK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Lucas Matthysse vs. Hank Lundy has been added to the card and it's also moving to L.A.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/176327-matthysse-lundy-to-land-on-alexander-brook-card

Last edited by Ali on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Quote :
Welterweight titleholder Devon Alexander's mandatory defense against Kell Brook has been rescheduled for Feb. 23 because of Brook's recent ankle injury, Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer told ESPN.com on Monday night.

The fight, a Showtime-televised main event, was originally scheduled to take place Jan. 19 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. However, England's Brook injured his ankle last week, and Schaefer and Showtime have been working on a new date.

Schaefer said the fight now will headline a Showtime tripleheader in Detroit that will also include junior middleweight titlist Cornelius "K9" Bundrage (32-4, 19 KOs), who is from Detroit, making his third defense against Ishe Smith (24-5, 11 KOs) of Las Vegas. Schaefer said there would be one other televised fight to be determined.

"We'll have two world title fights, and it could turn out to be three, so if we bring three world title fights, including one with hometown champion 'K9' Bundrage, I think we will do darn well there. Detroit is a great fight town," Schaefer said.

Brook suffered the injury in a recent training session, according to Matchroom Sport promoter Eddie Hearn.

"Kell sustained an ankle injury that has hampered his training and running work," Hearn said. "I'm concerned mainly for the traveling U.K. fans, and it's in no one's interest for the fight to fall through closer to the time, so I requested a three- to four-week delay to the original date of Jan. 19. This will eradicate the risk and ensure Kell will be 100 percent for the biggest fight of his life."

St. Louis' Alexander (24-1, 13 KOs) won a version of the 147-pound title Oct. 20 with a lopsided decision against Randall Bailey at the Barclays Center in New York. On the same day in his hometown of Sheffield, England, Brook (29-0, 19 KOs) knocked out Argentina's Hector Saldivia in a final elimination bout to become Alexander's mandatory challenger.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8757434/devon-alexander-title-defense-vs-kell-brook-rescheduled-due-injury
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 am

they might as well cancel this fight imo.

i think brook is a hype job and alexander will control the distance easily, comfortably winning a snoozer of a UD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime   Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime Empty

Back to top Go down

Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook set for Feb 23rd on Showtime
Page 1 of 1