Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Star Wars Episode VII

Go down 
+4
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
Ninja
Farmer1906
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Guillermo Del Toro was approached.

Quote :
"We got one phone call to my agent saying, 'Is Guillermo interested?' And basically I have so much stuff already of my own, and I'm pursuing stuff that I'm generating already....It was very flattering, It was just a phone call, it didn't go past that, it was very nice to be asked, but believe it or not, I'm busy enough."

"I think the fans deserve somebody that is just going to immerse themselves completely. As a geek, I would have loved to see Brad Bird take it."
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm

I wonder if their going to follow the stupid 7-8-9 Lucas line, with clones of the emperor coming back
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I wonder if their going to follow the stupid 7-8-9 Lucas line, with clones of the emperor coming back

What are you referring too?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:52 pm

supposedly the plot line for 7-8-9 that Lucas wrote was Han-Leia marry, have kids (jedi), Luke ends up not being gay and has a kid, then clone of the emperor gets made comes back with clone army or some shit like that
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Um, what you're describing is essentially the literature cannon as told form several different authors in many different stories.

Han and Leia do get married and have force sensitive kids, Wolvertine's Courtship of Princess Leia then Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy detail this greatly. Tell me why you think that is stupid.

"Luke ends up not being gay" Why would anyone think Luke is gay (if they had seen either A New Hope or the Empire Strikes Back), or that his children would not be force sensitive as well. The Thrawn Trilogy and Andersen's Jedi Academy Trilogy sets up the relationship between he and Jade and they are Married in Zahn's Hand of Thrawn Books.

Veitch tells the story of Palpatine's cloning and re-ascension in Dark Empire. Not hard to imagine the usage of cloning for this story as a fallback to re-ignite the Galactic Empire.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Um, what you're describing is essentially the literature cannon as told form several different authors in many different stories.

Han and Leia do get married and have force sensitive kids, Wolvertine's Courtship of Princess Leia then Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy detail this greatly. Tell me why you think that is stupid.

"Luke ends up not being gay" Why would anyone think Luke is gay (if they had seen either A New Hope or the Empire Strikes Back), or that his children would not be force sensitive as well. The Thrawn Trilogy and Andersen's Jedi Academy Trilogy sets up the relationship between he and Jade and they are Married in Zahn's Hand of Thrawn Books.

Veitch tells the story of Palpatine's cloning and re-ascension in Dark Empire. Not hard to imagine the usage of cloning for this story as a fallback to re-ignite the Galactic Empire.

Im referring to the Dark Empires which was the one Lucas worked on and supported
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Lucas said he enjoyed Dark Empire it closely resembled his own thoughts on what would have transpired post RotJ, but he wasn't involved with creating it other than making the Star Wars movies.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 pm

I hope to god Lucas isn't involved at all.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:15 pm

It's official J.J Abrahams (Alias, Lost, Mission Impossible 3, Super 8 and Star Trek) is going to direct Star Wars Episode VII

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99323

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Suprised by the decision given that J.J is involved with an active Star Trek series that's doing really well at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Nobody excited or annoyed by this news ?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Quote :
J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, the first of a new series of Star Wars films to come from Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. Abrams will be directing and Academy Award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay.

"It's very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie," said Kennedy. "J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture."

George Lucas went on to say "I've consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller. He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."

"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor,” J.J. Abrams said. “I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."

J.J., his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot are on board to produce along with Kathleen Kennedy under the Disney | Lucasfilm banner.

Also consulting on the project are Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg. Kasdan has a long history with Lucasfilm, as screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi. Kinberg was writer on Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Abrams and his production company Bad Robot have a proven track record of blockbuster movies that feature complex action, heartfelt drama, iconic heroes and fantastic production values with such credits as Star Trek, Super 8, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, and this year’s Star Trek Into Darkness. Abrams has worked with Lucasfilm's preeminent postproduction facilities, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, on all of the feature films he has directed, beginning with Mission: Impossible III. He also created or co-created such acclaimed television series as Felicity, Alias, Lost and Fringe.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99397
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Just saw it somewhere else. Awesome move by Disney. I'm very pumped.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Just saw it somewhere else. Awesome move by Disney. I'm very pumped.

Yeah I definitely like Disney's intent here by choosing a young ambitious director who's already succesfully revived another major sci-fi franchise.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 am

Will it be filmed with camcorder?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:31 am

I think I'm looking forward to the Mr. Plinkett reviews more then the movies
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Latino Review are claiming Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo. Horrible idea IMO.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Depends how far in the future (or past, or whatever) the plot is set. If it's 30 years later then it could work.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Ford has lost alot of his charm, charisma and appeal to play Solo again, nobody wants to see an old, flabby Solo playing husband with Leia.

Bringing back Mark Hamill to play Luke again would make alot of sense, I could see him being the wise Jedi Master running a new Jedi academy.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 pm

I shouldn't be surprised given that J.J brought back Leonard Nimoy for Star Trek and tried to get Shatner in the movie too.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Your delusions have delusions.

Nobody would want the most popular character in SW, let alone actor relevant enough to actually have a career after SW, to have a part in SW, but everyone would want an equally old Fisher or Hamill back for jedi school?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Oh I am sure there will be alot of people who'll cream at the thought of seeing Han Solo back, Star Wars has alot of blind fanboys out there.

I never said anything about Fisher, god that's an even worse idea given how atrociously Carrie has changed over the years.

Regardless of what Luke is doing I said I could see that working, Mark is such an underrated actor who's been excelling at voice work in recent years, he deserves a big opportunity like this and I believe an older wiser Luke Skywalker can work.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Very rarely does reprising a defining role later in your career work, we've already seen how disastrous it can be with Indiana Jones 4.

Paul Newman coming back for The Color Of Money was a rare exception from one of the greatest actors that ever lived.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Maybe, but I could see either of them reprising their roles as well as the others, but with only sparse screen time.

My newest script idea has Luke dead, existing in the film through a Jedi holocron and a couple of flashbacks, like lotr style, to his defeat in a light saber duel to the plots sith antagonist who has managed to bring back evil to the galaxy sending other said reprieved roles into almost Kenobi-like hiding. The main characters though, including the antagonist, are young people, teen to thirty-ish, who are offspring of episode IV-VI significant characters, unknowingly in some cases, or greatly impacted by theirs and the antagonists' actions in some way. One of said old characters does some episode 4 type guide/sacrifice stuff to propel in motion the hero's quest, such as exchanging the holocron and playing a pivotal role when the main characters are in need of protection or escape.

There is room to do it right if the people making this movie are planning on doing something actually good but it's probably gona end up being something like the Avengeformers in space, or worse, the prequels.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 Star-wars-episode-vii-what-you-want-to-see-129336-a-1362094201-470-75

Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 Star-wars-episode-vii-what-you-want-to-see-129336-a-1362094120-470-75
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII   Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VII
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next