Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remember the chick from Spy Kids

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Remember the chick from Spy Kids Empty
PostSubject: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Well she's all grown up now.

Remember the chick from Spy Kids Alex-vega-machete-kills
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 am

Hubba hubba
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

Never seen Spy Kids but I like that either way
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:23 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Never seen Spy Kids but I like that either way
+1
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 am

only a sleeze like Robert Rodriguez can get a girl he directed when she was a child and then have her dressing the skank and more than likely grinding some 80 year old Danny Trejo 10 years later.

that said, nice rack

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 am

Well she was in Spy Kids, she probably needed a bone thrown here way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:56 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
only a sleeze like Robert Rodriguez can get a girl he directed when she was a child and then have her dressing the skank and more than likely grinding some 80 year old Danny Trejo 10 years later.

that said, nice rack

Remember the chick from Spy Kids Rodriguez-tarantino-grindhouse
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:02 am

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

that said, nice rack

Remember the chick from Spy Kids Rodriguez-tarantino-grindhouse

Ah, i remember when Rodriguez ruined what started out as a great Quentin Tarantino movie about two criminals who kidnap a family and make them drive across the mexican border.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 am

From Dusk Till Dawn is a classic don't dare trash it Kings !
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:16 am

I love FDTD. The switch from serious, engaging classic to tacky b-movie remains quite unique in a good way. But it's obvious two filmakers were involved and one of them was great and the other not so great. Maybe the first half does not stand out as much without the second half and vice versa. I own it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:18 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I love FDTD. The switch from serious, engaging classic to tacky b-movie remains quite unique in a good way. But it's obvious two filmakers were involved and one of them was great and the other not so great.

I still think Rodriguez's Grindhouse movie was way more entertaining than QT's.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I love FDTD. The switch from serious, engaging classic to tacky b-movie remains quite unique in a good way. But it's obvious two filmakers were involved and one of them was great and the other not so great.

I feel the opposite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

I feel the opposite.

Last edited by Ali on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 am

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Really? i thought Planet Terror was garbage. That's a made for SyFy channel caliber film. Never even got a second viewing. Death Proof was good and could have been excellent if not for the second group of girls. The first 45 minutes of Death Proof was good stuff and then they got the female Samuel L. wannabe and a stuntwoman who can't act..and almost no Kurt Russell until the end.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 am

I thought Death Proof was kind of a failure. Planet Terror was way more cheesy and thus entertaining as it was intended to be. Death Proof didn't know what it was.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am

Death Proof would have been best served as a short IMO. I didnt care anymore after the first half.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Really? i thought Planet Terror was garbage. That's a made for SyFy channel caliber film. Never even got a second viewing. Death Proof was good and could have been excellent if not for the second group of girls. The first 45 minutes of Death Proof was good stuff and then they got the female Samuel L. wannabe and a stuntwoman who can't act..and almost no Kurt Russell until the end.

Death Proof had the quality sucked out of it by Tarintino over, or maybe under, thinking it, who knows. But it would of held had the movie not done a lame rewrite half way through. Delivery ruined. But even then, the acting sucked and not on purpose like in Planet Terror. RR at least knew what he was doing in making a cheeser movie. QT looked dumb when the bodies cleared.
Back to top Go down

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

QT just went overboard in Death Proof with the dialogue, I can appreciatte his writing when it's in the right genre but he completely missed the mark about what Grindhouse movies are suppose to be. Kurt Russell shone though, I wish he'd delve into more sinister characters like that more often.

Planet Terror did exactly what it set out to be, it's not a great movie by any means but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:30 am

I guess I meant to post, I feel the same up there. My bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I guess I meant to post, I feel the same up there. My bad.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

Russel did shine in Death proof though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:34 am

The one drawback from Grindehouse was the birth of Machete, I still can't believe it's getting a sequel.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 am

This would of probably been better, mostly because of Fu Manchu, and if Rob Zombie didn't direct it. Machete was cheezy, but not nearly cheezy enough.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 am

I will admit that QT got pretty pretentious with his writing in that film. Death Proof was kind of sad in a sense that a lot of the dialogue he was paying homage to his own work(tasty beverage, foot massages) throughout the film. I thought the dialogue was fine in the first half. Mainly because Russell's character was awesome, creepy, and funny. It defintely was horrible with the second half. Not funny, not engaging, horribly acted and long winded. I thought the girls in the first half were a little more interesting and Kurt Russell was money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember the chick from Spy Kids   Remember the chick from Spy Kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember the chick from Spy Kids
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next