Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Colorado legalizes pot for rec use

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Colorado legalizes pot for rec use Empty
PostSubject: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 am

Never thought anybody would beat Cali to that. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:42 am

Awesome
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:43 am

Good for them, libertarian of them, hope some kind of meaningful data can maybe be yielded from that state in regards to how stupid the prohibition has been.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:44 am

Colorado legalizes pot for rec use Nick-Diaz-smile
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 am

Ali wrote:
Colorado legalizes pot for rec use Nick-Diaz-smile

Exactly
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:52 am

Nick Diaz after his next fight "Yo...Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu! What? now located in Denver"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 am

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2012/11/07/16/49/marijuana-legalised-in-washington-and-colorado

Washington and Colorado voters have made history by becoming the first US states to legalise recreational marijuana use.

The decision will set up a legal showdown between the states and the federal government, which currently backs prohibition, according the Associated Press.

Washington supporters of the policy, named Initiative 502, say the move will raise $2 billion in taxes over five years and reduce small-time arrests.

Officials say the money will be spent on education, health care, substance abuse prevention and other government services.

In Washington citizens over 21 will be able to buy 28 grams of dried marijuana, half a kilogram of marijuana-infused product, such as brownies, or two kilograms of marijuana-infused liquid.

The rules will be similar in Colorado, but while possession will be legal public use will be banned.

Sales won't start until state officials make rules to govern the new industry, and federal authorities can still take the states to court to stop the initiative going ahead.

So far federal authorities have not hinted at their intention to fight the policy, but the Colorado branch of the US Attorney's Office says it will not change its view on the banned substance.

In both Washington and Colorado the legislation passed comfortably, but some law enforcement officials and health professionals claim the proposal could lead to increased marijuana abuse.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:36 am

I just read that the Colorado AJ is gonna try to void the election result based on some BS legalese in the proposition.

Kinda a shitty move to make after the vote happens. Where was this before the people of the state cast their votes on the matter?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am

Hopefully the pres follows the states lead.

Like gay marriage the country is clearly moving in the direction of legalized marijuana, why drag feet here?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 am

captain organic wrote:

Like gay marriage the country is clearly moving in the direction of legalized marijuana, why drag feet here?
How are the two related?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:20 am

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

How are the two related?

Both are waiting for the federal stamp of approval, while moving slowly ahead at the state level.

I know u reds have your heads in the sand but this is a pretty clear relation.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 am

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

How are the two related?

Both are waiting for the federal stamp of approval, while moving slowly ahead at the state level.

They aren't so closely related that you have to be down for both. They are separate enough to support one and not the other. Completely different issues.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

How are the two related?

They aren't so closely related that you have to be down for both. They are separate enough to support one and not the other. Completely different issues.

But both are questions of "why is the gov't in the way"? And both are clearly moving towards legalization. Just pass em both and move on.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 am

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

How are the two related?

But both are questions of "why is the gov't in the way"? And both are clearly moving towards legalization. Just pass em both and move on.
Not if it does against my beliefs. Not if I find it morally wrong. Why do we have to group them together? They need to be completely separate. It's extremely possible to agree with one and not the other. They are completely unrelated in that way.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 am

Now thats what im talking about fuck yeah colorado!!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 am

I can't wait to see how this is done, I need to know the rules I may be moving to one of these states.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I can't wait to see how this is done, I need to know the rules I may be moving to one of these states.
Let me know if you have an extra room available above the garage smoke2
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 am

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

How are the two related?

Not if it does against my beliefs. Not if I find it morally wrong. Why do we have to group them together? They need to be completely separate. It's extremely possible to agree with one and not the other. They are completely unrelated in that way.

And why is it cool for u, via the gov't, to impose your beliefs on other people? Gay marriage actually has less negative side effects.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

How are the two related?

And why is it cool for u, via the gov't, to impose your beliefs on other people? Gay marriage actually has less negative side effects.
I'm not saying I'm for or against gay marriage. But I understand why people would be against it. I just don't think it should be tied to marijuana in any way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

How did this end up about gay marriage? lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 am

freakzilla wrote:
Apparently if you are down with one, you are down with the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:19 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

How? Pot smokers have much more brain sells than gays. Yeah I went there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Yikes. I'm not going to discriminate like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Yikes. I'm not going to discriminate like that.

I need to go heel from time to time to keep my rep tongue
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:37 am

Capt explained as clearly as could be done the similarities in change between the two. Different subjects, similar changing opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorado legalizes pot for rec use   Colorado legalizes pot for rec use Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorado legalizes pot for rec use
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next