Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled Empty
PostSubject: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:36 am

Quote :
Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that there are ongoing discussions to make an HBO televised fight between WBA/WBC super middleweight champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs) and former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik (40-2, 34KOs).

Arum, and Ward's promoter Dan Goossen, are discussing a potential date of February 23rd.

"That's accurate. We're talking with Dan. I think the likelihood of it happening is good. [Manager] Cameron [Dunkin] likes the fight. Kelly likes the fight," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

One of the sticking points has already been agreed upon, says Arum - Ward is willing to do the fight, if it gets done, outside of his hometown of Oakland, California.

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-kelly-pavlik-play-february-23rd-hbo--58108

Last edited by Ali on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:15 am

i predict pavlik will be back on the liquor and back in the tattoo shop after this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:18 am

cheekynffc wrote:
i predict pavlik will be back on the liquor and back in the tattoo shop after this one.

Yup this is an awful style match up for Pavlik, Ward is going to probably beat Kelly up worse than Hopkins did.

If I was Kelly I would have tried to fight Edwin Rodriguez instead.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:28 am

Ali wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

Yup this is an awful style match up for Pavlik, Ward is going to probably beat Kelly up worse than Hopkins did.

there was some talk about froch facing pavlik before the mack fight was made.

froch would've just given pavlik an old fashioned beating but ward will break him emotionally again. i hope pavlik will earn enough for his next stay at the clinic and stashes some pension money away for his sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:30 am

cheekynffc wrote:
Ali wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

there was some talk about froch facing pavlik before the mack fight was made.

froch would've just given pavlik an old fashioned beating but ward will break him emotionally again. i hope pavlik will earn enough for his next stay at the clinic and stashes some pension money away for his sake.

I really really wanted to see Froch vs. Pavlik happen in Nov but from what Dan Rafael said there wasn't talks about making it happen Sad

I agree Ward will break Pavlik physically and emotionally.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 am

I like this match up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 am

SOKO wrote:
I like this match up

May I enquire as to why ? I really feel this will be a one sided beatdown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Looks like it's now Jan 26th with Arreola vs. Stiverne as the co-feature.

Quote :
BoxingScene.com has been advised that the WBC final eliminator between heavyweight contenders Chris Arreola (35-2, 30KOs) and Bermane Stiverne (22-1-1, 20KOs) will now take place on January 26th at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California.

The HBO televised event will be headlined by WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward, who will defend his titles against former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik.

Promoter Don King, who has Stiverne, secured the rights to promote the fight with a monster bid of $1.1 million dollars. Promoter Dan Goossen, who has Arreola, put down $550,000. King was trying to stage the fight on December 15th in Venezuela but the card fell through. Because King failed to finalize the fight, the promotional rights have now shifted to the second highest bidder, which is Goossen.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-pavlik-arreola-stiverne-double-galen-center--59518

Pavlik's team are cashing Kelly out here, Ward is going to re-create the American History X shower scene during this fight.

At least with Kessler or Froch he'd have a punchers chance and less wiley opponents.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am

Ali wrote:
Looks like it's now Jan 26th with Arreola vs. Stiverne as the co-feature.

Quote :
BoxingScene.com has been advised that the WBC final eliminator between heavyweight contenders Chris Arreola (35-2, 30KOs) and Bermane Stiverne (22-1-1, 20KOs) will now take place on January 26th at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California.

The HBO televised event will be headlined by WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward, who will defend his titles against former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik.

Promoter Don King, who has Stiverne, secured the rights to promote the fight with a monster bid of $1.1 million dollars. Promoter Dan Goossen, who has Arreola, put down $550,000. King was trying to stage the fight on December 15th in Venezuela but the card fell through. Because King failed to finalize the fight, the promotional rights have now shifted to the second highest bidder, which is Goossen.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-pavlik-arreola-stiverne-double-galen-center--59518

Pavlik's team are cashing Kelly out here, Ward is going to re-create the American History X shower scene during this fight.

At least with Kessler or Froch he'd have a punchers chance and less wiley opponents.

they aren't less wiley as much as less athletically gifted imo.

i wouldn't take pavlik against either even if they did indulge him with a brawl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am

Fight postponed because Ward has injured his shoulder in training. Will be back on for Lat Feb or March.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-injures-shoulder-pavlik-fight-likely-postponed--60122
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Fight is off Ward's got a tear in his shoulder.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8784509/andre-ward-confirms-small-tear-shoulder-capsule

Sucks to see the P4P king struggle with injuries in his prime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled   Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled Empty

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik canceled
Page 1 of 1