Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy Empty
PostSubject: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:39 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30928/ufc-on-fx-5-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma
MINNEAPOLIS – MMAjunkie.com was on scene and reporting live from today's UFC on FX 5 fighter weigh-ins.

The festivities took place at Target Center in Minneapolis, which also hosts Friday's event.

Bart Palaszewski came in a pound heavy on his first attempt and has an hour to lose it. However, according to Thiago Tavares, who didn't officially weigh in, he's no longer fighting at the event because opponent Dennis Hallman was too far over weight.

Hallman also missed weight for his most recent bout. He weighed 158.5 pounds and was fined, but he ultimately defeated John Makdessi at UFC 140.

UFC on FX 5's main card features Travis Browne (246 pounds) vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (266) and Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Jay Hieron (170) in the co-headliners and airs on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

The full UFC on FX 5 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

Travis Browne (246) vs. Antonio Silva (266)
Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Jay Hieron (170)
John Dodson (126) vs. Jussier Formiga (126)
Josh Neer (171) vs. Justin Edwards (170)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV, 5 p.m. ET)

Yves Edwards (156) vs. Jeremy Stephens (156)
Danny Castillo (156) vs. Michael Johnson (156)
Dennis Hallman (n/a)+ vs. Thiago Tavares (n/a)+
Shane Roller (156) vs. Jacob Volkmann (155)
Diego Nunes (146) vs. Bart Palaszewski (147)*
Phil Harris (125) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (125)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4 p.m. ET)

Marcus LeVesseur (156) vs. Carlo Prater (156)
Mike Pierce (171) vs. Aaron Simpson (171)

* - Has one hour to make weight
+ - Hallman wasn't cleared because he was over weight, and the fight was pulled from the card
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Fucking Hallman, needs to quit pussing out and fight at his weight. Their fight was first announced like 13 weeks ago for UFC 150! That is a long time to have nothing come of it in the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Hallman probably gets cut over this. He got fucked up at 170 and that forced him to drop down, now he comes in heavy twice in a row and gets a fight scrapped.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Bye Bye Hallman
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah Hallman loses his J.O.B for this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am

As expected. He was cut.

Quote :
I am on my way home. I have some serious personal family matters that I am dealing with. That is why the fight isn't taking place."

"Dana White paid me my show and win purse and put me on a plane to Seattle to deal with the issues at home."

"They are cutting me," he wrote. "Dana [White] gave me my show and win pay to help me deal with the mountain in front of me. Now I have to go make weight a couple times on the regional circuit. I'll be back to the UFC though, I always am."

"I'm having some personal issues at home," Hallman said. "I'm not fit to fight. I told Dana [White] what my issues were. He understands family matters, and he was cool with me not fighting."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/4/3457994/ufc-on-fx-5-dennis-hallman-released-mma-news
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy   Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy Empty

Back to top Go down

Hallman-Tavares off the card, Palaszewski comes in heavy
Page 1 of 1