Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitor let up when he heard the pops

Go down 
+8
cheekynffc
cascade_run
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
Cu Bu
acccardinal12
OU
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Vitor let up when he heard the pops Empty
PostSubject: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/24/3381906/ufc-152-results-jon-jones-vs-vitor-belfort-arm-bar
Quote :
"I've always had great respect for Jon Jones and know he is a great champion. When I felt his arm snap, I decreased the pressure, and he got out. Simple as that. During the bout, he managed to work his elbows well (from the top), but I was never afraid. But he was very good in the fight."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 am

I call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 am

freakzilla wrote:
I call bullshit.
Why? Makes sense to me. Jones seemed like he was stuck, his arm was bending the wrong way. Then it appears Vitor lightens up. It atleast looked that way.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Either way...he let up and got beat because of it. I believe him though. He had that on pretty tight. As a fighter since the 90's Vitor knows better and should have broke it and had the ref stop the armbar or fight.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 pm

if this is true its instinctual to let up but if he was injured like other rumors state you would think injured dog psyche comes into play and he would have just took the arm home with him
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
if this is true its instinctual to let up but if he was injured like other rumors state you would think injured dog psyche comes into play and he would have just took the arm home with him
If he had the Paul Harris or Aoki mentality. That arm would prepping for surgery right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Vitor > Rousey
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Ali wrote:
Vitor > Rousey
What do you mean by that? Are you implying that Vitor did the right thing by letting off?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Vitor > Rousey
What do you mean by that? Are you implying that Vitor did the right thing by letting off?

Yes. Not really a big fan of breaking limbs when it could possibly ruin careers.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Vitor > Rousey

Yes. Not really a big fan of breaking limbs when it could possibly ruin careers.
Then you should be in favor of fighter tapping out. Broken limbs are on the fighter not tapping, not the fighter trying to win the fight. If you aren't at risk of the fighter breaking your arm, then why tap? It's 100% on the fighter to tap to prevent injury. You want to play tough guy? You deserve the prize waiting for you.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Why Vitor, Why????
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Should hav snapped it and tore it out of the socket as far as I'm concerned
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:56 pm

then set it on fire and beat him with it/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Should have channeled his inner mir
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah you have to have that inner dog in you to snap the arm, I don't see Vitor with that mentality, check that Vitor did not have that mentality and that cost him the belt.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 am

if this is true perhaps it's time for vitor to hang up the gloves?

i can understand the instinct to let go when you hear cartilage and sinew popping but the octagon is probably not the place to be if you feel that way. i've little doubt that jones or any other opponent would've snapped his arm clean off without a second thought given the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 pm

If true,and I believe it is, Vitor letting up cost him what would have been the biggest victory of his career. He's a fan favorite already, but not only would he have beaten the most hated man in MMA, he would have flat busted his arm? Man, gotta break that thing. Instead he's just another victim.

Last edited by captain organic on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I call bullshit.

I don't. Why would he make that up? it just makes him look like an idiot for loosening up.

BS excuses are usually made when trying to save face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I call bullshit.

I don't. Why would he make that up? it just makes him look like an idiot for loosening up.

BS excuses are usually made after losing.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I call bullshit.

BS excuses are usually made after losing.

...to save face.

i dont see that here. If he got it extended enough to pop it, he could have snapped it..he just didnt. He blew it by not Mir'ing it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Yeah he not only had a chance to win the title and beat the most hated man in the sport right now but he would have completed 1 of the biggest upsets in MMA history. At least by the odds.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Theres a lot of nice guys in this sport. Vitor is one of them. Knocking somebody out cold is one thing, but forcefully snapping bones takes reptile blood. For example, do you think GSP would break somebodys arm if they werent tapping? I don't think he would. Otherwise Dan Hardy would have been finished by technical submission IMO.

Vitor had that arm fully extended, it was complete. The pop is usually enough and then Vitor stopped extending probably thinking Jones would eventually tap or maybe there would be some sort of technical submission depending on what Vitor thought the pop meant.

I don't think it was a strength thing becaue strength is pretty moot when your arm is completely straight with somebody having it locked up. Jones didnt use some masterful technique. He waited it out. Belfort lost that arm bar because eventually the grip loosens and Jones waited it out enough and Vitor stopped extending..and i believe that he didnt snap it when he could have because when an armbar is at the point where that armbar was, the guy trapped in the armbar is at the mercy of his opponent and it's clear what happened.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Theres a lot of nice guys in this sport. Vitor is one of them. Knocking somebody out cold is one thing, but forcefully snapping bones takes reptile blood. For example, do you think GSP would break somebodys arm if they werent tapping? I don't think he would. Otherwise Dan Hardy would have been finished by technical submission IMO.

Vitor had that arm fully extended, it was complete. The pop is usually enough and then Vitor stopped extending probably thinking Jones would eventually tap or maybe there would be some sort of technical submission depending on what Vitor thought the pop meant.

I don't think it was a strength thing becaue strength is pretty moot when your arm is completely straight with somebody having it locked up. Jones didnt use some masterful technique. He waited it out. Belfort lost that arm bar because eventually the grip loosens and Jones waited it out enough and Vitor stopped extending..and i believe that he didnt snap it when he could have because when an armbar is at the point where that armbar was, the guy trapped in the armbar is at the mercy of his opponent...Vitor showed too much mercy.

In that instance for the title u have got to make him tap though. If he doesnt tap then u have no choice.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Strength has pretty much nothing to do with an armbar. Nobodies arm is stronger than the hips and trunk of another man. With the right amount of leverage and position Mighty Mouse could snap Bones arm.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Ludo wrote:
Strength has pretty much nothing to do with an armbar. Nobodies arm is stronger than the hips and trunk of another man. With the right amount of leverage and position Mighty Mouse could snap Bones arm.

Agreed but I think now we are more going over does Vitor have the killer instinct?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor let up when he heard the pops
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next