[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Schiano vs Coughlin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Schiano vs Coughlin Empty
PostSubject: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Who do u guys think is in the right on this one?

I got Schiano all day. Game was not over. Fumble there and Tampa has a shot. Fact that Giants were not ready for it makes it all the more reason to do it.

And given that Coughlin preached "Finish" all last year to his team, it was the mantra, he comes off as hypocritical here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Of course you back your old coach. I don't like Coughlin but I thought he was right here in this situation. Maybe in a different scenario, but it just didn't seem right.

Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm on team Schiano.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?

Schiano vs Coughlin LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARSchiano vs Coughlin BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 pm

technically, the bucs did nothing wrong but they should have respected etiquette imo.

i'm also suprised that a kneeling QB isn't considered a defenceless player in the current climate.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 pm

i agree with Schiano, If the game is in reach to where a forced fumble can give them a chance to win or tie...go for it. The offensive line has to be ready.

It's a case of ignoring logic and good reason because of tradition. Teams traditionally wave the white flag when they have no more timeouts left and the leading team has the ball with not much time left...but YOU PLAYY. TO WIN. THE GAME...HELLLOOO? I like what Schiano did and i think more teams should try to pull it off.

Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:13 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
i agree with Schiano, If the game is in reach to where a forced fumble can give them a chance to win or tie...go for it. The offensive line has to be ready.

It's a case of ignoring logic and good reason because of tradition. Teams traditionally wave the white flag when they have no more timeouts left and the leading team has the ball with not much time left...but YOU PLAYY. TO WIN. THE GAME...HELLLOOO? I like what Schiano did and i think more teams should try to pull it off.

i don't disagree with this per se but the NFL has to outlaw the QB kneel if they aren't going to outlaw what the bucs did. you can't have 300lb defensive linemen rushing offensive linemen who are stood still and jumping on kneeling QB's, someone will get hurt if that happens regularly.

outside of that issue i would have no problem with forcing the offense to run a play.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm fine with it as long as Schiano is fine with other teams running up the score on him and his QBs getting lit up on INTs even if they're not part of the play.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 am

OU wrote:
Of course you back your old coach. I don't like Coughlin but I thought he was right here in this situation. Maybe in a different scenario, but it just didn't seem right.

But Im a Giant fan as well, and have been one for much longer then I have been an RU fan.

Last edited by captain organic on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

One of the best thoughts i've heard in regard to the subject.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
I'm fine with it as long as Schiano is fine with other teams running up the score on him and his QBs getting lit up on INTs even if they're not part of the play.

This would be the only reason not to do it. But Im sure he's aware of what to expect.

And I do wonder how it all plays out. Do teams go at the bucs on kneel downs to prove a point, or do they NOT go at them to prove a point. Does schiano eventually toe the line because of the repurcussions, whatever they might be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schiano vs Coughlin   Schiano vs Coughlin Empty

Back to top Go down

Schiano vs Coughlin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: