Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) Empty
PostSubject: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 am

They haven't had very much pub for this event at all. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to be the least promoted FOX event so far. I'm not sure but I don't think there are any major events in the Olympics that night, maybe I'm wrong but if so that could help. Here is a reference on how the past events have gone.

UFC on FOX 1: "Velasquez vs. Dos Santos" -- 4.64 million
UFC on FOX 2: "Evans vs. Davis" -- 4.57 million
UFC on FOX 3: "Diaz vs. Miller" -- 2.25 million

--edit--

UFC on FOX 4: "Shogun vs. Vera" --2.36 million

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/8/5/3221880/ufc-on-fox-4-ratings-approximately-2-36-million-tune-in-for-shogun-vs
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 am

I think this does real close to 2 million even. But I'm hoping it can hit 3.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 am

Well I almost forgot this was happening tomorrow. Seriously though, I've seen almost no promotion for this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Well I almost forgot this was happening tomorrow. Seriously though, I've seen almost no promotion for this.
Same here, almost none. I'm not sure why? There was very little buzz for this fight, it might have got a little bit when Dana made the announcement about the winner getting a title shot. Which I'm sure was the reason for the announcement. But shouldn't that have been announced weeks ago? Couldn't they have mentioned that in a promo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Is it possible the UFC has gotten a little bit lazy now that they've acquired a network deal ? A card like tomorrows should be generating better buzz.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Ali wrote:
Is it possible the UFC has gotten a little bit lazy now that they've acquired a network deal ? A card like tomorrows should be generating better buzz.
I wish I knew. Are they waiting to have another title fight on FOX when the NFL starts so they can promote the fight during the NFL games? But then you will have UFC going up against a prime time college football game on Saturday. Unless they move it to a weekday? I wish I knew what the UFC was thinking with this. They aren't promoting this card at all. I know the Olympics is going on but the only other sport going on in the US right now is baseball and it's not a very important part of the season.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:47 pm

I think it fits in to the whole trend of the supply of UFC and MMA available is exceeding the feasible demand. People can't or don't want to watch the increasing number of shows on each week. Another page of it is Zuffa might not be willing to increase their budget for promotion to match their increase in show delivery.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:58 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think it fits in to the whole trend of the supply of UFC and MMA available is exceeding the feasible demand. People can't or don't want to watch the increasing number of shows on each week. Another page of it is Zuffa might not be willing to increase their budget for promotion to match their increase in show delivery.
Just seems very odd they aren't promoting a card on FOX since they were so excited about the FOX deal when it happened. Are they just experimenting with what works? Whether people are watching for names or entertainment or how much promoting actually works? Just seems odd.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Dana just said that there are "big things" to come in the following 2 months!!!

meaning, we'll get a guillard vs cowboy type fight as the main event lol

"big things" from dana usually ends up being an elephant when it should have been a fly
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:33 pm

i dont think the card does well tho, especially with the olympycs pulling in huge numbers
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 am

GDPofDRC wrote:

I don't really watch much Fox when Football is not in play so I can't speak too much to the lack of advertising for this event.

But one thing that I haven't certainly seen recently is the UFC expanding it's global reach. That seems to be where there focus has been.

I do agree on a saturation level having been reached. For me it means I don't watch many ppv's anymore, and I do miss alot of the free ones too. But a free card with Machida and Rua? I would think people would turn out for that. I know I was stoked to watch it. And for as great as the Olympics have been, and Iim hooked. It does seem to be a little different audience, AND I've seen so much Olympics lately that I was fine missing a couple events to tune into something else.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:06 pm

A small rise in viewers from UFC on FOX 3

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/5/3221222/ufc-on-fox-ratings-2-36-million-viewers-for-shogun-vs-vera

UFC On Fox Ratings: 2.36 Million Viewers For Shogun Vs. Vera

The ratings for the UFC's fourth effort on Fox are in and they paint a
pretty similar picture to the last Fox show. Here's how the numbers
break down by half hour (via TV By The Numbers):

8:00 - 0.9 Rating - 1.91 million viewers
8:30 - 1.1 Rating - 2.1 million viewers
9:00 - 1.2 Rating - 2.2 million viewers
9:30 - 1.2 Rating - 2.36 million viewers

For comparison, the third Fox card (headlined by Nate Diaz against Jim Miller) had 2.25 million viewers and a 1.0 rating
in the overnight. That card was well behind the second Fox show, which
took place in January which was behind the November single-fight debut
on Fox.

The star power in last night's event was up from Diaz vs. Miller
seeing as how there were two former world champions in the top two
fights with Mauricio Rua and Lyoto Machida. Those fights look like they brought a small rise in viewership, but not a huge jump like we've seen in the past.

These ARE just overnight ratings, so a lot of adjusting could happen
before the final numbers come out. For reference though, the 2.25
million viewers for Fox 3 had final numbers of an average of 2.4 million viewers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Should've been Rua vs Machida III for the title shot. With Bader vs Davis as the co-main event. Would've drew much more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Typical, the one card they don't promote too much turns out to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Yep, looks like more denail and error with the UFC on FOX show continues.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 pm

looks like a bomb to me.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:54 pm

one of the best cards of the year and it's completely shut out. sux for the fighters that fought their hearts out
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 am

Not bad ratings considering it wasn't promoted at all. I was wondering if we would get the Forrest-Bonnar effect where people were calling other people telling them to tune in since they were such great fights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)   How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings) Empty

Back to top Go down

How well will UFC on FOX 4 do?(ratings)
Page 1 of 1