Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Love or Religion?

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Love or Religion?
Love
Love or Religion? Vote_lcap78%Love or Religion? Vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Religion
Love or Religion? Vote_lcap22%Love or Religion? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:41 am

What's more important to you?

Would you marry someone from a different religion? would they have to convert or would it not bother you? how about your future kids? what religion would you expect them to be?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 am

Good question.

Love conquers all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:47 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Good question.

Love conquers all.

No it doesn't. Just broke up with my GF because she was too scared to take the risk of losing her family. I'm Muslim and she's Italian Catholic but her parents said they will never accept me and that if she stays with me they will disown her.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 am

So does she love her family more then you love your religion?
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
So does she love her family more then you love your religion?

How can I possibly answer that?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 am

Honestly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 am

The US is suppose to be all about religious freedom. I personally don't care about what religion anyone is. But I can see it being a real problem for some people. Especially those that are very committed to their religion. Seems like we have alot of people though that aren't real serious about their religions. I don't think I could be with someone that was deep into their religion. But seems like more often then not these days people aren't fully committed to any religion. But most bible thumping Christians feel it is there mission to convert everyone, so that could be a big problem in a relationship.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 am

It doesn't make sense. I don't know the exact amount of love she has for her parents. I would never give up my religion though just so her parents would accept me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 am

freakzilla wrote:
It doesn't make sense. I don't know the exact amount of love she has for her parents. I would never give up my religion though just so her parents would accept me.
So are you personally open to marrying someone of a different religion? Or would she need to convert? Does your religion allow you to marry someone of a different faith?
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So are you personally open to marrying someone of a different religion? Or would she need to convert? Does your religion allow you to marry someone of a different faith?

The only religions we are allowed to marry outside of Islam are Christianity and Judaism with the rule that our kids must be brought up Islamic.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

The only religions we are allowed to marry outside of Islam are Christianity and Judaism with the rule that our kids must be brought up Islamic.
Interesting, I wasn't aware that you were allowed to marry outside your faith. Are you obligated to attempt to convert them?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks, I think I understand.

I still feel that if you care enough about a person, all the other bullshit doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:14 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I still feel that if you care enough about a person, all the other bullshit doesn't matter.

That's what I said to her. Her parents should love her unconditionally.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I agree. If she doesn't feel the same way then maybe you don't have what you thought you did.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Interesting, I wasn't aware that you were allowed to marry outside your faith. Are you obligated to attempt to convert them?

You can but you don't have to. We believe that Islam is basically an evolution of those 2 faiths and that's why we can marry only from them 2.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I agree. If she doesn't feel the same way then maybe you don't have what you thought you did.

I told her that she doesn't have to practice Islam but her parents and best friend hate Muslims and they have manipulated her into believing that once we get married I will change and will be strict on her and she would lose them.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I told her that she doesn't have to practice Islam but her parents and best friend hate Muslims and they have manipulated her into believing that once we get married I will change and will be strict on her and she would lose them.
So she is being torn between her friends and you? Is she taking their word over yours?
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Her best friend and her parents. Her father actually said the words if you keep going out with him then you are dead to me.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Her father hates Muslims and Blacks. He said that she has to marry an Italian Catholic. He said he doesn't believe in love and that security, family and same faith are more important.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:28 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Her father hates Muslims and Blacks. He said that she has to marry an Italian Catholic. He said he doesn't believe in love and that security, family and same faith are more important.
Ok so we know what her parents and friends believe, but what does she believe? What does she think is right and wrong?
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Ok so we know what her parents and friends believe, but what does she believe? What does she think is right and wrong?

She wants it both but is afraid of losing her parents. I told her I would never stop her seeing her parents or friends. I told her as long as our future kids are Muslim I don't care but she wasn't certain that she wanted her kids different to her. She is really close to her mum and has never really stood up to them. At the end I think losing her family scared her too much. She didn't want to lose either but her parents convinced her that if she chose them she would never lose them but a relationship could always end and she'd be all alone because she would've already lost them.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:36 pm

1 of my close mates' parents actually ran away from Bosnia together after her parents wouldn't accept him. She is Muslim and he Serbian Orthodox. They have been happily married for over 30 years now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

She wants it both but is afraid of losing her parents. I told her I would never stop her seeing her parents or friends. I told her as long as our future kids are Muslim I don't care but she wasn't certain that she wanted her kids different to her. She is really close to her mum and has never really stood up to them. At the end I think losing her family scared her too much. She didn't want to lose either but her parents convinced her that if she chose them she would never lose them but a relationship could always end and she'd be all alone because she would've already lost them.
I'm asking what she thinks is right and wrong. Does she agree with anything her parents and friends are saying? Does she believe what they are saying is right? Or does she think they are completely wrong in their beliefs? If she thinks they are wrong in their beliefs then it comes down to whether or not she wants to stand up for what she feels is right. But if she is unsure on what is right and wrong the you have a major problem on your hands and she needs to figure out what she believes in her heart is right.
Back to top Go down

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I'm asking what she thinks is right and wrong. Does she agree with anything her parents and friends are saying? Does she believe what they are saying is right? Or does she think they are completely wrong in their beliefs? If she thinks they are wrong in their beliefs then it comes down to whether or not she wants to stand up for what she feels is right. But if she is unsure on what is right and wrong the you have a major problem on your hands and she needs to figure out what she believes in her heart is right.

Basically this. She's been brought up 1 way her whole life and I've totally confused her when it comes to these matters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Sounds like your lady friends needs to do some soul searching and figure out what she thinks is right and what she thinks is wrong. Can't sit on the fence on this, it won't work. But not only that she needs to determine how far she will go to do what she feels is right. Good luck with your situation, but based on the information given, she has a long ways to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love or Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Love or Religion?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next