Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 am

They were all over Chris Weidman. Chael Sonnen called him the best MW in the UFC. Said he had never seen anyone hold down Munoz for 5 min not even in college wrestling not even Cael Sanderson could hold Munoz down according to Chael. Him and Bonnar kept saying it reminded them of Jones vs Bader because Weidman just manhandled a top ranked fighters. Also they had a cheesy segment where Glazier made Chris Weidman look at the camera and give his best "Chael promo" and call for his title shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 am

Also Te Huna was interviewed and said he broke his hand in the 1st round, also injured his foot during the fight. Beltran showed an amazing chin, Te Huna landed some bombs. I personally thought the fight could have been stopped at the end of the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 am

Also they showed a fucked up shot of Munoz backstage bawling uncontrollably. Sad sight, I everyone says he is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/12/3154234/chael-sonnen-chris-weidman-is-the-best-middleweight-in-the-ufc
Quote :
"There is no way to deny what we just saw. Weidman is on a roll, he is tapping guys out, getting Fight of the Night, and doing everything he needs to do. Now he is playing with the big boys. Now he is in the main event. The test was passed with flying colors. Chris Weidman, present company included, you are the best middleweight in the UFC."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 am

OU wrote:
Also they showed a fucked up shot of Munoz backstage bawling uncontrollably. Sad sight, I everyone says he is a great guy.
It really was pretty fucked up IMO. It was a cool 10 seconds or more of Munoz just sobbing. Don't know why they had to show that.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 am

I told Killer and GDP last night this is the "Weidman ERA"!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 am

josh200612 wrote:
Well your boy Chael agrees. He was in love. He even went as far as to say Weidman was the best MW in the UFC and he made sure to mention that includes himself.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:
It really was pretty fucked up IMO. It was a cool 10 seconds or more of Munoz just sobbing. Don't know why they had to show that.

That sucks, I like Munoz, but it is disappointing he hasn't been able to grow into the potential he showed in the past.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
Well your boy Chael agrees. He was in love. He even went as far as to say Weidman was the best MW in the UFC and he made sure to mention that includes himself.

Sonnen sounded like a dumb ass last night I thought.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:26 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Sonnen sounded like a dumb ass last night I thought.
He had his moments, but overall I agree it wasn't his best night as an analyst. Same goes for Bonnar, thought he was pretty bad last night.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 pm

I like Bonnar okay and like what he has to say, but he cannot deliver. He isn't good for this role.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I was just joking though. He ain't the future.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Here is the forced promo Glazier had Weidman do. He told him to do his best Chael and look at the camera and make his case. Very cheesy. But here is what Chris said:
Quote :
"Anderson Silva, I am a good match up for him; I think I could take him down and submit him. Every time I have had a full training camp, I have finished my opponent. Give me a full training camp against Anderson Silva and I am confident I will not just get the 'W,' but get the finish on one of the best fighters of all time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?   Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did anyone watch the post fight show on FUEL?
Page 1 of 1