Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who deserves the next MW Title shot?

Go down 
+5
OU
Cu Bu
killerofchicken
jewzilla
oggy420
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Vitor Belfort
Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_lcap0%Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris Weidman
Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_lcap55%Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Alan Belcher
Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_lcap0%Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hector Lombard
Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_lcap18%Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Luke Rockhold
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_lcap27%Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage

Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Empty
PostSubject: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Who would you like to see get the next shot at Anderson Silva?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:57 pm

im going weidman or have Weidman fave Lombard if he wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 am

Weidman vs Lombard would just ruin another contender.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 am

Victor has already been ktfo by silva once. Rockhold needs to fight a top UFC mw before silva. Let belcher get one more win, his confidence is already through the roof. So basically it boils down to Weidman and Lombard for me. I say Lombard gets this shot. Put Weidman up against belched.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:03 am

jewzilla wrote:
Victor has already been ktfo by silva once. Rockhold needs to fight a top UFC mw before silva. Let belcher get one more win, his confidence is already through the roof. So basically it boils down to Weidman and Lombard for me. I say Lombard gets this shot. Put Weidman up against belched.
the only way i see Belcher getting a shot is if he goes and beats Vitor, and vitor only
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 am

Urrrrhh why is that a necessity according to killa
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:15 am

jewzilla wrote:
Urrrrhh why is that a necessity according to killa
because it will prove that belcher has no business fighting silva.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:59 am

weidman or bisping, lombard in mix with impressive win
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

I say give Weidman the shot. I think he deserves it. He is right, when he gets a full camp he has dominated. Either have Lombard-Timmy winner fight Belcher for the next shot or maybe have Belcher-Vitor fight and have that winner fight Timmy-Lombard winner.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 am

I'd prefer Belfort got it, but the undefeated Weidman, with the perfect record and the 2 best most recent wins, looks like the most deserving.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am

captain organic wrote:
I'd prefer Belfort got it, but the undefeated Weidman, with the perfect record and the 2 best most recent wins, looks like the most deserving.

I really want Vitor to get another crack as well. But like you said Weidman looks like he is the most deserving.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 am

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I really want Vitor to get another crack as well. But like you said Weidman looks like he is the most deserving.

Not to say Belfort doesn't have a decent claim, 2 straight 1st rnd stoppages, over fairly solid comp, 3 1st rnd stoppages in his 4 ufc fights since coming back. So I doubt people would get bent if he got the go.

I do wonder which route would be better for prefight hype? Silva vs Belfort off the bat, and let Weidman build his name up more, or the opposite, and have Belfort rack up another impressive 1st rnd stoppage(Belfort vs Belcher would be a fun matchup).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

That's Weidman's biggest issue, he isn't known enough so it is hard to sell that fight. Also it was talked about on the post fight show whether Anderson would accept a fight with someone as unknown as Weidman.
Belfort vs Belcher would be a great matchup. Anderson Silva is 38 years old, instead of having a long layoff they should get him and Weidman in there ASAP. Both seemed to be unhurt in their wins.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

I didn't realize that Munoz didn't land 1 single punch vs Weidman. Impressive stat.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Other, because Lombard vs Boetsch hasn't happened yet.

Chris being in the lead here is typical knee jerk, he is one of the few who should be in consideration, but the day after the Lombard vs Boetsch fight, if this is asked again the winner of that will be most picked as well.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Other, because Lombard vs Boetsch hasn't happened yet.

Chris being in the lead here is typical knee jerk, he is one of the few who should be in consideration, but the day after the Lombard vs Boetsch fight, if this is asked again the winner of that will be most picked as well.

I agree if one of them looks impressive in the win. Or if both come out looking great then that winner should be given consideration. But Weidman is putting the pressure on them to make a statement, because he made his. I usually try not to get swept up in the moment but I'll admit, Weidman got me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Boetsch will not be the most picked if he beats Lombard.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Right because 4-0 since entering the division with wins over top 10 and 5 MWs wouldn't make anyone think he should be a title contender.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Boetsch will not be the most picked if he beats Lombard.
Well you could say if he beats Lombard that his 2 most recent wins are atleast as good as Weidman's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I think Okami dominated him too much. I can't get that out of my head.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Only to get his ass totally beat up though after the coaches told Tim "fuck the game plan, go beat his ass".
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 pm

I also think people are getting carried away with this blueprint talk. Sonnen got finished twice. If people are laying on the hopes that he can go out there and be Sonnen, why? He's gonna get finished.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I also think people are getting carried away with this blueprint talk. Sonnen got finished twice. If people are laying on the hopes that he can go out there and be Sonnen, why? He's gonna get finished.
I wouldn't say it was just Sonnen, but it has been shown that you can take Anderson down and win rounds. No one has been able to survive or find a way to do much damage once they got him there. But that is clearly where the challengers are having the most success. We haven't seen anyone win a round vs Anderson with standup only. The only way people are winning rounds is mixing in take downs. I think that is clearly Anderson's weakest area. But no one has been able to stop Anderson from getting his offense off when he needed to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who deserves the next MW Title shot?   Who deserves the next MW Title shot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next