Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judges got Forrest v Tito right

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Judges got Forrest v Tito right Empty
PostSubject: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 pm

A lot of Tito fans were bitching last night, but I think the judges got it right and Fightmetric agrees.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/07/griffin-vs-ortiz-3-official-ufc.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 pm

There was no issue with the decision Tito gassed well into the first round and barely recovered. It was sad to watch near the end.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Screw fightmetric. All of those statistics from compubox, compustrike, to fightmetric all suck. None of them are accurate.

With that said, I also think the judges got it right. Tito had his chance but his body couldn't do it. He rocked Forrest but couldn't follow it up and Forrest came back and won the round.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:19 pm

I think they're a good tool, but they're not the end all be all for deciding who won.

----

Couple tweets from Forrest today/last night.

Forrest Griffin ‏@ForrestGriffin
I was coming back to the cage before Dana came. The shit get emotional and weird

Forrest Griffin doesn't have walk out shirts he has run away shirts, so I guess the designs should be on the back

I want to apologize to @titoortiz and his fans for fucking up his interview. It was an honor to be his final fight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Fuck Forrest he's an attention whore.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Ali wrote:
Fuck Forrest he's an attention whore.

It definitely came off that way. I think he's seriously got some mental issues, gets all depressed, & doesn't think sometimes.

Read his first book. A few of his stories back it up.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 pm

yeah..im done with fightmetric.

I dont know if the strike tally is accurate or not, but the fact is, their scoring and what they percieve as significant is purely subjective.

Fightmetric had it 30-27 Werdum in the second fight with Overeem. It just shows that very little of what fight metric covers actually applies to the actual fight.

Griffin did win though. I'm surprised there was any controversy.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 pm

He wrecked his moment more by the interview then the running out of the ring, if he was going to do that he should've just said after the fight I am going to leave the ring and let Tito have the spotlight to Dana before the fight, that Forrest last night gets taken to task by any top 10 LHW
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 am

I had Griffin winning it which made me think he was even more dumb for running out afterwards. It was a more entertaining fight than I thought it would be. Not great but better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judges got Forrest v Tito right   Judges got Forrest v Tito right Empty

Back to top Go down

Judges got Forrest v Tito right
Page 1 of 1