Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 NBA Discussion Thread

Go down 
+9
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Ali
acccardinal12
oggy420
captain organic
Cu Bu
timthebim
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 am

freakzilla wrote:
Lol, calm down. No one is hating. We're just talking the truth.

So am I. You underrate both Westbrook and Ibaka.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:23 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I don't underrate either. I had Westbrook in my 2nd All-NBA team and my All-D team. Also Ibaka is a good player but he's not in the top 5 PF's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:33 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I don't underrate either. I had Westbrook in my 2nd All-NBA team and my All-D team. Also Ibaka is a good player but he's not in the top 5 PF's.

Ibaka is one of the most dynamic players in the league and still very young. Improving with every season just like I said. Block master and improving his rang on his jumper. He is pretty much the only player in the league with his skillset and he just gets better and better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:35 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Ibaka is one of the most dynamic players in the league and still very young. Improving with every season just like I said. Block master and improving his rang on his jumper. He is pretty much the only player in the league with his skillset and he just gets better and better.

I don't disagree with that at all but right now at this moment he is not a top 5 PF. Not saying he wont be in there in 2 years time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:45 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I don't disagree with that at all but right now at this moment he is not a top 5 PF. Not saying he wont be in there in 2 years time.

I think he is a fantastic roll player. He needs to improve his offensive rebounding still but IMO he is still better then a guy like David Lee since he is 10x the defender Lee is. It would be nice to have the scoring of David Lee but I'd rather have Ibaka on my team. That is just 1 example. Even with a guy like Pau Gasol, he might be better now but with Ibaka's age I'd rather have him still. Serge is 23, that damn young and he is improving at a fantastic rate. I think he could even be a better player then Bosh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 am

He's not better than Bosh or Gasol right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:54 am

freakzilla wrote:
He's not better than Bosh or Gasol right now.

I know, I said as much. But considering his age I would take him over both right now. With his current skill set, the rate he is improving and being so much younger then both. He is going to be a very important role player for a long time. He is younger then people even realize. He is about 6 months younger then Blake Griffin.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
One night I can agree with that.

Baka has it easy. Asik has no offense and the Rockets don't have a half way decent 4.

He has no pressure to score with Durrant and Westbrook and gets to hang around the rim to block shots and get easy out backs. Plus he has Perkins to share the load with.

Baka would fail and the Rockets would have won 25 games if the 2 switched places.

I forgot how crazy Harden flops sometimes. He had one the NBA should take a look at. He might have got the slightest body contact but he shot himself off and rolled and held his face down like he was hurt. Man, that was some bad acting but the refs bought it. He lead the NBA in free throws by flopping around and bouncing off people.

Baka would fail against who? He has really improved every single season and it's still extremely young. There isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't take him.

He would fail if he and Harden switched teams. The Rockets led by Baka would be in contention of the #1 pick, not the back end of the playoffs.

I can agree that he fills a role better on the thunder than Harden did or would have this year since they already have Westbrook and Durant.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
One night I can agree with that.

Baka has it easy. Asik has no offense and the Rockets don't have a half way decent 4.

He has no pressure to score with Durrant and Westbrook and gets to hang around the rim to block shots and get easy out backs. Plus he has Perkins to share the load with.

Baka would fail and the Rockets would have won 25 games if the 2 switched places.

I forgot how crazy Harden flops sometimes. He had one the NBA should take a look at. He might have got the slightest body contact but he shot himself off and rolled and held his face down like he was hurt. Man, that was some bad acting but the refs bought it. He lead the NBA in free throws by flopping around and bouncing off people.

Baka would fail against who? He has really improved every single season and it's still extremely young. There isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't take him.

He would fail if he and Harden switched teams. The Rockets led by Baka would be in contention of the #1 pick, not the back end of the playoffs.

I can agree that he fills a role better on the thunder than Harden did or would have this year since they already have Westbrook and Durant.

Ibaka isn't the type of player that can lead a team. Durant, Westbrook and Harden are all much better at that. I would argue that Westbrook could lead a team better then Harden but I know where you come out on that. I'm not sure about Harden still. I still doubt that he can be "the man" and he might just be like a Stephan Curry type player.

How do you think a combo of Harden-Westbrook could do on a team like Houston? Like eliminate Lynn and add Westbrook. I think that team is in better shape then even a team like Denver.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 am

How do you think a Westbrook-Harden combo would work on a team like Houston?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:11 am

Obviously better than what the Rockets have now but not sure how much. The 2 are too similar and both demand the ball. I would argue having Baka vs Westbrook based on need and fit alone would equal more wins. Throw in a distributor who can knock down done 3s and you have a championship contender.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:20 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Obviously better than what the Rockets have now but not sure how much. The 2 are too similar and both demand the ball. I would argue having Baka vs Westbrook based on need and fit alone would equal more wins. Throw in a distributor who can knock down done 3s and you have a championship contender.

So you are saying you think a Harden-Ibaka combo is better then a Harden-Westbrook combo? I'm not sure I agree. Sure if you have a guy like KD there like the Thunder then I agree. But I think having 2 scorers like Westbrook and Harden would get you more wins.
I guess it would depend on the other pieces involved as well. But unless you have another solid scorer I'd probably take the 2 guards.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:50 am

I think Westbrook is better than Baka. I'm just not sure if the make up of a Harden/Westvrook led team.

Baka paired with Asik in the paint equals block city. They'd match up just fine with either if LAs or Memphis bigs.

Add in a great scorer like Harden and a nice peice like Parsons and I think you're fighting for top 4 in the West.

Westbrook and Harden adds more scoring and improves you D against guards but it also lowers both offensive game since they're sharing the ball with their one on one type play.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:00 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
I think Westbrook is better than Baka. I'm just not sure if the make up of a Harden/Westvrook led team.

Baka paired with Asik in the paint equals block city. They'd match up just fine with either if LAs or Memphis bigs.

Add in a great scorer like Harden and a nice peice like Parsons and I think you're fighting for top 4 in the West.

Westbrook and Harden adds more scoring and improves you D against guards but it also lowers both offensive game since they're sharing the ball with their one on one type play.

I don't think Westbrook and Harden NEED the ball as badly as you think. They are both decent passers, Westbrook is a decent shooter and Harden is a very good shooter. They would be matchup nightmares for just about any team in the NBA. But I think they could share the ball just fine. Remember Westbrook played the 2 guard in college and there are plenty of times when OKC plays 2 PGs at the same time. They both can handle the ball but they both play well without the ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 am

Westbrook and Harden on the Rockets would be very good. Harden is unselfish enough for it to work.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 am

freakzilla wrote:
Westbrook and Harden on the Rockets would be very good. Harden is unselfish enough for it to work.

They both can still play without the ball. Westbrook gets better each year with his passing and is a very good rebounder for a PG. Like I said before he has experience in both college and NBA playing without the ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

They both can still play without the ball. Westbrook gets better each year with his passing and is a very good rebounder for a PG. Like I said before he has experience in both college and NBA playing without the ball.

No one said he can't, he just chooses not to a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Because he is a matchup nightmare every single night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

And Durant isn't?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:28 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

And Durant isn't?

Iceberg slim gets his. 3 time scoring champion, could have been 4 time if he really wanted it. Obviously he gets his touches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Should be taking more shots than Westbrook.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Bobcats have to be one of the worst ran franchises in all of sports. 1st year coach triples the wins from last season gets canned? You're doing it wrong Charlotte. I know last year was a short season but he more then doubled the winning percentage. They were much better then the joke they were last season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 pm

OU wrote:
Bobcats have to be one of the worst ran franchises in all of sports. 1st year coach triples the wins from last season gets canned? You're doing it wrong Charlotte. I know last year was a short season but he more then doubled the winning percentage. They were much better then the joke they were last season.

Jordan has no clue as an admin.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 am

Mike Brown back as Cavs coach.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:19 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Mike Brown back as Cavs coach.

Some teams have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 NBA Discussion Thread
Page 21 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next