Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 NBA Discussion Thread

Go down 
+9
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Ali
acccardinal12
oggy420
captain organic
Cu Bu
timthebim
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 pm

This has been a very fun series to watch.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 pm

timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
they knew Miami would not be able to get the FG..thats why they called 2 shots on what should have been a play on after the flop by Harden.

Flop=Block

No. A flop is nothing. A flop is a guy throwing himself out of position. It's not a charge on the offensive player or physical foul on the defender.

Of course, the NBA officials want to be the show so they have to call something.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:49 pm

2-1 Heat. Very close and good game. I cant wait to see game 4 next.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:49 pm

timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Damn if LeBron would have missed that 2nd FT he would never hear the end of that.

he missed one of two...since you're all about the discussion and not the game...that does not look good for LeBron.

:bow))): The King wills the Heat to another win!!!!!!

Wade's 25-7-7 actually won the game
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:50 pm

timthebim wrote:

hook. line. sinker.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
they knew Miami would not be able to get the FG..thats why they called 2 shots on what should have been a play on after the flop by Harden.

Flop=Block

No. A flop is nothing. A flop is a guy throwing himself out of position. It's not a charge on the offensive player or physical foul on the defender.

Of course, the NBA officials want to be the show so they have to call something.

Man there was contact made on the flop hence the block call. Harden took a chance and nearly made a great play.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Damn if LeBron would have missed that 2nd FT he would never hear the end of that.

he missed one of two...since you're all about the discussion and not the game...that does not look good for LeBron.

Dont forget about his like 5 turnovers in the 4th quarter that nearly gave it away. Like it or not Kings if the Heat win this title LeBron is the man.

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

hook. line. sinker.

For once just give the Heat some credit for a good win. I know you can do it Kings.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

You hear that Kings Magic Johnson just said LeBron willed his team to victory! Damn he is a smart guy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 pm

It's a shame the best basketball players in the world are trapped in corrupt league.

If College sports werent so pathetic to watch most of the time, i would follow that but it looks like i might have to give up watching basketball(a sport i love) until we get a new commissioner who does not think it's all about the superstar players and making sure they are taken care of.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:56 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
It's a shame the best basketball players in the world are trapped in corrupt league.

If College sports werent so pathetic to watch most of the time, i would follow that but it looks like i might have to give up watching basketball(a sport i love) until we get a new commissioner who does not think it's all about the superstar players and making sure they are taken care of.

Now u are talking. Start watching college ball. Its a great sport to watch and I would watch college over the NBA any day.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:39 pm

timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Now u are talking. Start watching college ball. Its a great sport to watch and I would watch college over the NBA any day.

This.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Also Kings I know we can agree on Stern but did it ever cross your mind that the Heat have a game plan to keep Durant on the bench?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:03 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Also Kings I know we can agree on Stern but did it ever cross your mind that the Heat have a game plan to keep Durant on the bench?

Sure..if the Heat are going at him thats not the problem. The problem is these officials, as always. The problem is Durant's 4th foul in the 3rd quarter was a blatantly awful call. He didnt even touch Wade. OKC was rolling at that point and they send Durant to the bench for what, the last 8 minutes of the quarter on a clear no foul? It completely swung the momentum.

A) They are so incompetent that they would call a no contact or atleast clear no foul when the best player on OKC has 3 fouls in the 3rd quarter.
B) They wanted to help the at that moment reeling Heat
C) They were giving Wade the if you drive and miss the layup you'll get the call "star treatment" which LeBron also gets.

maybe it's likely that it's A, it's unacceptable...especially in the championship series.

They say basketball is the hardest game to officiate. I don't buy it for a team of 3 watching the game from every angle. If it's so hard why does the NBA pick guys in their 50's, 60's, even 70's to keep up with great athletes in their 20's sprinting up and down the floor? Why get old men to call a game that requires attention to so much detail? I believed Donaghy when he said officials are encouraged by suits upstairs to call the game a certain way to protect the league superstars and the larger market teams. Now i know Durant is a star but he is not quite there as for as stardom and being an identity of the league as James and Wade are. He will, but not at this moments being in small town OKC and not being the subject of media hype.

LeBron James is supposed to be this great physical defender...how does he only have one foul yesterday guarding Kevin Durant? he aint that good at defense to where he can guard one of, if not the best scorer in the NBA and only have one foul.. you can see he was getting very close, sometimes chest to chest, sometimes two hands(automatic foul)..yet no foul. If somebody guarded LeBron like that they are on and off the bench in foul trouble. Jordan was never in foul trouble, yet he was this great physical defender. Kobe is never in foul trouble. Shaq amazingly was hardly ever in foul trouble, even Durant is hardly ever in foul trouble until it was apparent the Heat needed a boost.

It's all about ratings, and they feel they can only get them if their superstars they build their entire league around are on the floor. The NBA does not trust the game of basketball to carry their brand. It's all about individual talent in a sport thats supposed to be team oriented. The NBA needs a significant overhaul in values. It might make their stars less entertaining if they can't travel 10 times a game or stay on the floor because fouls don't apply to them in most cases..but NBA has a major credibility issue that people call out Stern to his face.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm

2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 Cheat10

I dont like to call refs or league corrupt and shitty but this picture sums it up, how can spags be blocking out ref to basket yet not get a Tech??!!?

Some of the foul calls are atrocious.

Last edited by Cu Bu on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 Cheat10

i missed that...was there a call?

of course not
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Sure..if the Heat are going at him thats not the problem. The problem is these officials, as always. The problem is Durant's 4th foul in the 3rd quarter was a blatantly awful call. He didnt even touch Wade. OKC was rolling at that point and they send Durant to the bench for what, the last 8 minutes of the quarter on a clear no foul? It completely swung the momentum.

A) They are so incompetent that they would call a no contact or atleast clear no foul when the best player on OKC has 3 fouls in the 3rd quarter.
B) They wanted to help the at that moment reeling Heat
C) They were giving Wade the if you drive and miss the layup you'll get the call "star treatment" which LeBron also gets.

maybe it's likely that it's A, it's unacceptable...especially in the championship series.

They say basketball is the hardest game to officiate. I don't buy it for a team of 3 watching the game from every angle. If it's so hard why does the NBA pick guys in their 50's, 60's, even 70's to keep up with great athletes in their 20's sprinting up and down the floor? Why get old men to call a game that requires attention to so much detail? I believed Donaghy when he said officials are encouraged by suits upstairs to call the game a certain way to protect the league superstars and the larger market teams. Now i know Durant is a star but he is not quite there as for as stardom and being an identity of the league as James and Wade are. He will, but not at this moments being in small town OKC and not being the subject of media hype.

LeBron James is supposed to be this great physical defender...how does he only have one foul yesterday guarding Kevin Durant? he aint that good at defense to where he can guard one of, if not the best scorer in the NBA and only have one foul.. you can see he was getting very close, sometimes chest to chest, sometimes two hands(automatic foul)..yet no foul. If somebody guarded LeBron like that they are on and off the bench in foul trouble. Jordan was never in foul trouble, yet he was this great physical defender. Kobe is never in foul trouble. Shaq amazingly was hardly ever in foul trouble, even Durant is hardly ever in foul trouble until it was apparent the Heat needed a boost.

It's all about ratings, and they feel they can only get them if their superstars they build their entire league around are on the floor. The NBA does not trust the game of basketball to carry their brand. It's all about individual talent in a sport thats supposed to be team oriented. The NBA needs a significant overhaul in values. It might make their stars less entertaining if they can't travel 10 times a game or stay on the floor because fouls don't apply to them in most cases..but NBA has a major credibility issue that people call out Stern to his face.

I agree. NBA now is about star power the 90's were the best for me and the late 80's the NBA WAS my favorite sport to watch then now it's like 3rd or 4th. I get what your're saying and I believe most of it. I was just thinking this last night when has Durant ever been in this much foul trouble? LOL he NEVER plays defense. It's weird I know but the Heat are an aggressive team with two of the biggest stars so when they drive to the basket their gonna get the calls it's even like that in the video game.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 pm

LOL these refs are fucking horrible!

even with the refs against them OKC has choked away this game 4!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:37 pm

The refs have been against the Thunder all series long.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Heat move to 3-1. Even without Bron at the end, they still took the win from OKC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 pm

OKC has pissed down their legs at the end of every game. Choke job
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Teams losing 3-1 in the NBA finals have never come back to win. 0-30. Haven’t even forced a game 7.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:

U guys need to stop blaming the refs and just admit the Heat are out playing the Thunder especially in the 4th quarter.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 am

timthebim wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

U guys need to stop blaming the refs and just admit the Heat are out playing the Thunder especially in the 4th quarter.
duders, KD gets smacked EVERY single time he has the ball with no calls, there was one drive in particular i thought he was just gonna punch the ref after the no call! its BS, if any1 touches LBJ its an automatic foul!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 am

killerofchicken wrote:
timthebim wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

duders, KD gets smacked EVERY single time he has the ball with no calls, there was one drive in particular i thought he was just gonna punch the ref after the no call! its BS, if any1 touches LBJ its an automatic foul!

They arent losing because of the refs though. They are making terrible decisions down the stretch and often settle for jump shots way to often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 NBA Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next