Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 NBA Discussion Thread

Go down 
+9
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Ali
acccardinal12
oggy420
captain organic
Cu Bu
timthebim
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
If they had Phil Jackson as coach they would still be the team in LA.
Maybe, but I think it's far from a lock. Clippers just have better players.

How? Kobe is better than Paul, Gasol better than Griffin and Howard much better than Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:54 am

I absolutely hate the Jazz as a Rocket fan but they suck and aren't getting better any time soon so I'm going to enjoy it a little more when LA's super team can't even make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:55 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

How? Kobe is better than Paul, Gasol better than Griffin and Howard much better than Jordan.

If all that us true then it shouldn't matter who the coach is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:56 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Clippers have a 100000000000000000000000000000000x better bench and Clippers have better overall talent. It's not just top 3 vs top 3 and some of those are very close. Cause after that Clippers edge is just massive. They have more talent and it's not debatable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:56 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Actually it should when the coach is making them play a way that doesn't bring out their strengths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:58 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Clippers have a 100000000000000000000000000000000x better bench and Clippers have better overall talent. It's not just top 3 vs top 3 and some of those are very close. Cause after that Clippers edge is just massive. They have more talent and it's not debatable.

Give Phil Jackson all next season with the Lakers and they would beat the Clippers in a 7 game series no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 am

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Actually it should when the coach is making them play a way that doesn't bring out their strengths.

He's making Dwight not rebound D up and make shots around the rim? He's forcing Kobe to not take turn around jumpers? Making Nash not drive and dish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:00 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

He's making Dwight not rebound D up and make shots around the rim? He's forcing Kobe to not take turn around jumpers? Making Nash not drive and dish?

You're not that dumb or much of a troll to actually believe the coach makes no difference.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Give Phil Jackson all next season with the Lakers and they would beat the Clippers in a 7 game series no doubt.
LOL that's just delusional. You can just look at a comparison of talent and know that's a massive stretch. "No doubt", that's insane levels of confidence for no apparent reason. Get real.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

You're not that dumb or much of a troll to actually believe the coach makes no difference.

You're not that dumb to see that the Clippers actually have the better talent on their roster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

You're not that dumb to see that the Clippers actually have the better talent on their roster.

Yes they have better depth but in this league stars win and the Lakers have the better stars.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Yes they have better depth but in this league stars win and the Lakers have the better stars.
Yeah but Clippers still have some stars and that depth really gives them the edge over Lakers IMO. Next year Clippers could very well win the West and IMO it shouldn't surprise anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

When I see Griffin and Jordan play good in the playoffs then I'll have a higher opinion of them but right now they've done nothing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am

freakzilla wrote:
When I see Griffin and Jordan play good in the playoffs then I'll have a higher opinion of them but right now they've done nothing.

Come on man they are young. They haven't had the chances to do well in the playoffs. If they choke this year then I'll understand your point more. But it's not like they underperformed before, they just played better teams. But this year they are one of the better teams for the first time. This is the first year you can really have expectations of them making some noise. Blake Griffin is only 24 and missed his entire 1st season due to injury. Give him time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Come on man they are young. They haven't had the chances to do well in the playoffs. If they choke this year then I'll understand your point more. But it's not like they underperformed before, they just played better teams. But this year they are one of the better teams for the first time. This is the first year you can really have expectations of them making some noise. Blake Griffin is only 24 and missed his entire 1st season due to injury. Give him time.

In the playoffs would you rather have Griffin and Jordan or Howard and Gasol? To me it's a no contest.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

In the playoffs would you rather have Griffin and Jordan or Howard and Gasol? To me it's a no contest.

Right now, yeah. But right now if you look at both rosters which one would you take? I'll take the Clips.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Talent matters so much more than coaching at the NBA level. I'd put at a 90-10 split. You give Phil the suns and ill take the Heat. We play a 10 games and I'm beating Phil at least 8/10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Talent matters so much more than coaching at the NBA level. I'd put at a 90-10 split. You give Phil the suns and ill take the Heat. We play a 10 games and I'm beating Phil at least 8/10.

I agree. Like if Phil was coaching the Rockets they still wouldn't be a top 4 seed. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:09 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I agree. Like if Phil was coaching the Rockets they still wouldn't be a top 4 seed. Basketball

True because they're about to be the youngest team in history to make the playoffs. Let the youngins develop a little more and add another stud then your boys north if the red river will be in trouble as clutch city returns to its championship ways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

True because they're about to be the youngest team in history to make the playoffs. Let the youngins develop a little more and add another stud then your boys north if the red river will be in trouble as clutch city returns to its championship ways.

Too bad you're youngsters aren't as good as our youngsters and while they improve, so will ours. So the gap will never narrow. But I'm sure you will run down some other teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm

The Rockets wont be winning a title in the next 5 years unless they somehow get Howard.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 pm

No one but whatever team LeBron is on will be winning titles.

If the Rockets add Aldridge or someone on that level and keep Asik, Parsons, and add PG depth then I think that'd be enough to beat anyone in the West. Not every time but put us in the top tier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

If the Rockets add Aldridge or someone on that level and keep Asik, Parsons, and add PG depth then I think that'd be enough to beat anyone in the West. Not every time but put us in the top tier.

It wouldn't even make you a top 4 team.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Well we will be here waiting for you. Step ya game up.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

It wouldn't even make you a top 4 team.

That would make us better than any team in LA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NBA Discussion Thread   2013 NBA Discussion Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 NBA Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next